Official Air Jordan XI Concord Release thread 12/23/11 NO BUYING/SELLING/TRADING!

It's crazy how much these are going for. I wanted 2 pair but after holding mine vs. looking at how these are starting to sell, it's not worth it.

Does anyone feel underwhelmed when looking at the hysteria compared to looking at their pair(s) now that they've released? I was READY for my pairs, the finished product though...ehhh. I'm content with 1.
Am I alone? Agreement?

SN: That's rough you guys are having orders cancelled, that really sucks

all of my pairs from ndc, nbastore, H-S, wellgosh, and UI have been shipped.......the waiting is begun............

Originally Posted by Bigmiz

I just can't understand why they don't produce enough to go around. Makes no damn sense. Apple can do it on 400 phone and 600 dollar iPads a shoe that cost 30 bucks to make shouldn't be a problem.

I agree with you due to the fact that this draws attention to Jordan brand similarly as it draws to apple when a new product is released however jordan brand /nike is doing consumers and it self a serious injustice not MASS producing this shoe in waves like they would with an iPad . The way the general public is reacting for this sneaker Nike would be foolish not to continue distributing this shoe throughout the next few months, but I'm not a c.e.o and I don't wipe my *** with $100 bills

Okay i had a chat with the customer service agent

Janice: Hi, my name is Janice. How may I help you?

Janice: Hello Dominique!

ME : I have received my order number and confirmation email on the Air jordan 11 concords. I try to track it over the phone and it says other number isnt found , is that because it is still processing ?

Janice: I will be glad to take a look at the order for you.

ME: Okay

Janice: I do show the order went through and it is pending delivery.

ME: So it is not going to get cancelled or anything , i was just making sure everything went through and would be shipped in the near future ?

Janice: At this time everything is fine.

ME : Thank you

Originally Posted by Slicknick951

Originally Posted by moneymike88

ODGJP.gif
so nervous for my Finishline pair.. still haven't gotten a shipment e mail but i got a confirmation e mail right after i checked out.
tired.gif

hit up live chat with ndc.....

my orders both say processing......

says he doesnt see any reason why my orders would be canceled.

i live in mid-west of virginia. valley. ground shipping.......

should i be worried?

Just got off the phone with Finishline (after being on hold for over an hour). Rep said my order went thru and is waiting to be fulfilled by a store in any of the 50 states. I guess that means its gonna get cancelled!

I had surprisingly gotten a confirmation from NDC last night after I thought my order didn't go thru. Now seeing all these cancel emails I'm just waiting for mine...

Got my two pairs, waited 10 hours in line with my sister and a few friends. My store only got 30 pairs
30t6p3b.gif

Thank God we got there early.

d1416d6abe99e7a55e62ea6f20b0de9793b9a714_r.jpg

c2426d3678baa955e94a475b6a5e1e920de6e0a8_r.jpg

Originally Posted by Deezrsackolishus

should i be worried?

I just did the same thing and im worried too 

ndc cancelled mine too. Thank god I already have 2 pairs.

Btw to people asking, my order went through around 1, and got confirmation email at 2. I paid with a visa and chose ground shipping. My pairs were size 11.5, two of them.

Glad to see people getting shipment notifications!

imo the top 4 releases of 2011 were the infrareds qs ,concords, royal foamposites, and bordeauxs

manamazing55 wrote:
To a lesser degree, but remember when Tickle Me Elmo came out? Mothers arguing, pushing other Mothers to get their kid that years hottest Xmas toy. That manufacturer easily couldve just produced thousands more, but they dont want that. They want the buzz, they want the talk......essentially, they want the THIRST for their products.

They did end up producing enough to go around, it just took months to ramp production up to fill the demand. Stores didn't think it was going to be as big a seller as it ended up being and when they put in requests for a lot more stock in Q3, the manufacturers couldn't meet the demand in time to get the product in for Christmas. I was working one of my first jobs back then at a Toys 'R Us, missed the madness for christmas, but was working there when they finally started filling the rain check orders, by May of 97 they'd ended up pushing out over 1M units if I recall correctly
Anyone remember when buying/flipping toys was the big thing? The Orange Card Star Wars figures in the mid-late 90s made some people a LOT of money. 

edit: had my timeline wrong, it's been years since I was doing that sort of thing.

JIM SHADY2003 wrote:
I agree with you due to the fact that this draws attention to Jordan brand similarly as it draws to apple when a new product is released however jordan brand /nike is doing consumers and it self a serious injustice not MASS producing this shoe in waves like they would with an iPad . The way the general public is reacting for this sneaker Nike would be foolish not to continue distributing this shoe throughout the next few months, but I'm not a c.e.o and I don't wipe my *** with $100 bills

I used to say stuff like this too, but honestly its a lie. Everyone says stuff like, "forget Jordan, im not buying stuff. They caused this" but the absolute truth is, if they released 100,000 pairs tomorrow night on Eastbay, all the same people would be online trying to cop.

Its the nature of the beast unfortunately.

Originally Posted by manamazing55

just as a funny question...........I truly wonder how many people that bought these shoes even know why theyre called Concords? lol I read on twitter someone called them OREOs lmaooooooooooooooooo

Wait, these are called Concords? I thought these were the white space jams.. looks like I gotta go return them.
indifferent.gif

Originally Posted by maluah

all of my pairs from ndc, nbastore, H-S, wellgosh, and UI have been shipped.......the waiting is begun............

What's your order no. on H-S if you don't mind me asking? 
nerd.gif

-Drew

Wake up from my nap to emails from NDC and Eastbay that my pairs shipped.

I paid with my credit card on NDC. I wonder if those of you getting canceled by NDC paid with PayPal?

BTW, PayPal FTMFL I hate that company and eBay with a passion.

Originally Posted by YoShoeGameIsWack

should i be worried?

I think if you haven't received a cancellation email by now you should be good.  But don't take my word for it!   Just trying to bring some optimism here.  

Originally Posted by YoShoeGameIsWack

should i be worried?

i am almost positive they do not know if your order will be shipped or not. as a customer service representative they have to cater to the customer. best of luck to us all.

Originally Posted by mints

manamazing55 wrote:
To a lesser degree, but remember when Tickle Me Elmo came out? Mothers arguing, pushing other Mothers to get their kid that years hottest Xmas toy. That manufacturer easily couldve just produced thousands more, but they dont want that. They want the buzz, they want the talk......essentially, they want the THIRST for their products.
They did end up producing enough to go around, it just took months to ramp production up to fill the demand. Stores didn't think it was going to be as big a seller as it ended up being and when they put in requests for a lot more stock in Q3, the manufacturers couldn't meet the demand in time to get the product in for Christmas. I was working one of my first jobs back then at a Toys 'R Us, missed the madness for christmas, but was working there when they finally started filling the rain check orders, by May of 97 they'd ended up pushing out over 1M units if I recall correctly
Anyone remember when buying/flipping toys was the big thing? The Orange Card Star Wars figures in the mid-late 90s made some people a LOT of money. 

edit: had my timeline wrong, it's been years since I was doing that sort of thing.

thanks for the info, thats a good perspective. I didnt know the specifics, I just remmeber how hot that toy was.

In the same breath, JB/Nike knew this release was going to be big, they COULD have produced more, they just chose not to for the reasons I earlier stated.

The figurine example is a good one, I remember grown men buying full shipments at Wal Mart of Xmen figures back in the 90s. I personally think reselling in general is sickening, but thats the world we live in. But the biggest difference between buying up action figures to resell, vs. buying up shoes, is that the only "hurt" that comes from the toys is that some people that want them dont get them, in this shoe game situation people are PHYSICALLY getting hurt. Thats a huge issue

Back
Top Bottom