Official Air Jordan XI Concord Release thread 12/23/11 NO BUYING/SELLING/TRADING!

Originally Posted by glove72

Originally Posted by cashm0neyand1

I'm not necessarily defending Eastbay and I'm a shoe collector and didnt get my pair so obvious frustration....but I work with computers..

Had to be at least 200,000 people online trying to cop these shoes...dudes sitting in front of 4-5  computers, people on IPhones and Droids trying while camping...and make no mistake people in other countries order from the site too.  It was inevitable that their site would crash; especially for this release.

The amount of money it takes to improve a sites computer server is crazy...so the thoughts a company would do it simply for the 3-4 releases a year that would crash makes no business sense.  Besides, they will still sell all of their product anywya so why would they bother?

Bottomline...this release was a crap shoot...some people got through and won the lottery...some didnt (including me)...not bitter, just moving on and working ways to get my pair by the connects on NT

Still sucks to be the guy left out. Just cant rely on online orders for sure. thanks for the reply and insight of computers/servers

The real surprise is NDC crashing...that means there were way too many people on the hunt for these.  Their system usually stands up pretty well.  Read the same thing happened last night for the Kobe and Lebron Christmas editions.

I know people in my area who have no interest in the shoes at all...their only goal was to get their hands on a pair and sell for profit because of the economy and they heard this was a hot commodity.  Guess do what they gotta do...I'll get mine anyways...lol or wait 2 years and JB will re-release...
roll.gif

I wish JB would go back to Flight Club for top releases....always thought that was a good idea where someone had to cosign for you you to get access...even if they only put a portion of their inventory in there.

Nike is no surprise. They do hold up better but it can be tough. Doernbecher 4s was a nightmare. i wasted 3 and half hours trying to order. ended up failing. black 3s were a little slow too, took a few attempts.

Originally Posted by onajazad

Originally Posted by tupac003

Quick question. Has ANYBODY got a shipment confirmation from Finishline?

Nah man just got a paypal confirmation
I think tomorrow will be D-day for anybody waiting on finishline. I didn't put faith in them but last year with the cool grey's finishline ACTUALLY shipped the shoes. We will see.

Originally Posted by cashm0neyand1

To Eastbay Rep,

How can you possible order when as soon as it launches, the site crashes. When you refresh, the site does not even come back up. I don't get how people are able to get their orders in. You guys at Footlocker Inc. really need to upgrade your site/order system especially for big releases. Please chime in when you can. Thanks

I'm not necessarily defending Eastbay and I'm a shoe collector and didnt get my pair so obvious frustration....but I work with computers..

Had to be at least 200,000 people online trying to cop these shoes...dudes sitting in front of 4-5  computers, people on IPhones and Droids trying while camping...and make no mistake people in other countries order from the site too.  It was inevitable that their site would crash; especially for this release.

The amount of money it takes to improve a sites computer server is crazy...so the thoughts a company would do it simply for the 3-4 releases a year that would crash makes no business sense.  Besides, they will still sell all of their product anywya so why would they bother?

Bottomline...this release was a crap shoot...some people got through and won the lottery...some didnt (including me)...not bitter, just moving on and working ways to get my pair by the connects on NT
Depending on their current infrastructure, it wouldn't be that expensive. Re-doing their current infrastructure is the expensive part, but there's definitely more that could be done now and in the future that would keep the crashes from happening ...

I think tomorrow will be D-day for anybody waiting on finishline. I didn't put faith in them but last year with the cool grey's finishline ACTUALLY shipped the shoes. We will see.
If I'm not mistaken Finishline uses UPS and they'll be closed tomorrow. So you'll have to wait until Tuesday.

I'll be lucky if my H-S pair shows up at my office on Tuesday, I honestly wasn't expecting to see them until after New Years since their initial ship date was supposed to be on the 27th.

Originally Posted by balloonoboy

If I'm not mistaken Finishline uses UPS and they'll be closed tomorrow. So you'll have to wait until Tuesday.

Very true...I keep forgetting that!

Originally Posted by mints

I'll be lucky if my H-S pair shows up at my office on Tuesday, I honestly wasn't expecting to see them until after New Years since their initial ship date was supposed to be on the 27th.

I didnt get shipping conformation from them did u

Originally Posted by sammietheboss

Yes I got shipping confirmation at 10:52 CST on the 23rd, last update from my tracking the package was going on a plane in Coventry. Next thing I'll see will probably be the ISC processing in New York and with the holiday that update probably won't even show up until the shoes are at my local sort facility.

I have been checking my email / paypal 24/7. Finishline is my last hope

UN-DS'ed my Concords tonight for Christmas Dinner at my grandma's house. These things are REALLY comfortable. Maybe because I sized up to a 10.5 from my true size 10. They're just as comfortable as my Playoff XIIIs. Glad they used the thicker insoles from the 2001s..gives the shoe that Zoom Air springy feel
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
 Jordan Brand did justice to these..just wish that the quality control did a better job checking all pairs.

Yes I got shipping confirmation at 10:52 CST on the 23rd, last update from my tracking the package was going on a plane in Coventry. Next thing I'll see will probably be the ISC processing in New York and with the holiday that update probably won't even show up until the shoes are at my local sort facility.

Thats cray cause they had my money since the 15th and I havent even gotten shipping info yet
mad.gif

Thats cray cause they had my money since the 15th and I havent even gotten shipping info yet
mad.gif

Dont trip, they did initially say they were shipping till the 27th. So they started early. I am praying I dont get hit with customs. Call to separate my order they said no prob. They still ship together. SMH. Oh well.

Originally Posted by sthebest

UN-DS'ed my Concords tonight for Christmas Dinner at my grandma's house. These things are REALLY comfortable. Maybe because I sized up to a 10.5 from my true size 10. They're just as comfortable as my Playoff XIIIs. Glad they used the thicker insoles from the 2001s..gives the shoe that Zoom Air springy feel
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
 Jordan Brand did justice to these..just wish that the quality control did a better job checking all pairs.

QC doesn't check every pair. They checked a percentage based on factory.Looking clean though! Can't wait to snap photos of my pair when they come in!

Originally Posted by zuz624

I have been checking my email / paypal 24/7. Finishline is my last hope

this
i got my order number asap but no shipping
hope they pull through

My order is on hold at FNL cuz my girl got them shipped to my place and her billing address is her place. The rep wanna make sure it isnt fraud. They charged her acct 3x's for one pair. Hopefully a confirmation email means we r still in the game. And when i call FNL i push the option to place an order and get a rep right away. No long holds. Im confident they're coming. Hold on bruhs....

Well let's be ready for the low top hell in 2012. Spring is the time frame and it might be a pack...

I do not remember if Kicks-Lab was selling those fakes/b-grades, but check their Facebook page. They have a FSR at $260-$290 shipped.

Originally Posted by thenewjs23

mad.gif

Dont trip, they did initially say they were shipping till the 27th. So they started early. I am praying I dont get hit with customs. Call to separate my order they said no prob. They still ship together. SMH. Oh well.

If they ship on the 27th there is no telling whe I will get them shoud of orderd from ndc of ct I would of had them by now

Nope not yet. All I got are email confirmations from Finishline with my order number and according to their Twitter page we should be good. Guess we'll find out soon.

Well let's be ready for the low top hell in 2012. Spring is the time frame and it might be a pack...
who said they are releasing in Spring? plus they wont be releasing with the gold foil if they do drop.

Back
Top Bottom