Official Air Jordan XI Concord Release thread 12/23/11 NO BUYING/SELLING/TRADING!

Originally Posted by El Bro

My pairs from Oqium were delivered just a bit ago, and under the ups label was a receipt showing the total of my order at $90 for two pairs and 39 for shipping with a total of 129. That was nice of them to do that so customs wouldnt charge me on what I really paid, Im assuming. I apologize for calling them jerkoffs earlier, I just hadnt heard anything from them in 3 weeks, but they came through and everything was packaged nicely and shoes are flawless.

I ordered off the restock on the 23rd about 1:30pm ct. They took the funds and i got a email but this tues day the fuds were back then yesterday they withdrew it again. Idk what to think im shook and u cant call them or they wont answer email or tweets. Guess i will hold tight for a another week.

Originally Posted by NostrandAve68

Sonnnnnnnnn Finishline CAN'T be serious. Charges only card for damn near a week now and the status still says processing. -_________-

I had to call to get my tracking number from Finishline. I never received an email with the tracking number, and it still says processing today. Shoes were shipped out two days ago. 

Originally Posted by retro23phan

Originally Posted by dunks318ti

California heads: ndc was supposed to be Friday, but I just got them on my doorstep today!!!
did your tracking update anything outside of it departing from Tennessee?

Not sure.  I didn't check as I thought it was going to be delivered tomorrow (friday/probably late in the day as usual/I hate UPS)

Was on my lunch break at home and it was literally on my doorstep.  No signature required/no we missed you tags/nothing.  Bittersweet actually.

Here is the break down (copied/pasted):

[table][tr][td]Cerritos, CA, United States [/td][td]12/29/2011 [/td][td]1:10 P.M. [/td][td]Delivered [/td][/tr][tr][td][/td][td]12/29/2011 [/td][td]6:14 A.M. [/td][td]Out For Delivery [/td][/tr][tr][td]Memphis, TN, United States [/td][td]12/24/2011 [/td][td]1:51 A.M. [/td][td]Departure Scan [/td][/tr][tr][td]Memphis, TN, United States [/td][td]12/23/2011 [/td][td]11:25 P.M. [/td][td]Origin Scan [/td][/tr][tr][td]United States [/td][td]12/23/2011 [/td][td]12:50 A.M. [/td][td]Order Processed: Ready for UPS [/td][/tr][/table]

I can't believe a grown "activist" is complaining about Jordan's. Jesus the would is really a piece of dung. The activist need to be mad about their kids buying shoes when they live in THE HOOD! G. T. F. O.

I admit I was heated I couldn't get these but calling a press conference on behalf of shoe buyers is ridiculous.

Originally Posted by Lizaker4Lizife

Originally Posted by JumpmanPro97

Originally Posted by YoungGambit

So was this release of the Concords as bad as the OG release? I can't remember, I had to beg my mom to order them outta Eastbay back in the day lol

I miss the days when you could order sneakers from a catalog (eastbay). I remember back in h.s. people wouldn't be listening to the teacher just flipping through the new eastbay catalog lol
Wow, you gave me flashback to HS '94-'98....that's exactly what we used to do in class.  Eastbay catalogs were the $%#@

Haha I can relate it was either the newest issue of eastbay or issues of Slam magazine when it first came out haha (old folks talkin about back in my day)

For everyone on edge over the dreaded "processing" status from Finishline, stay positive. I got my confirmation this morning that my pairs finally shipped. And keep in mind my order wasn't placed until about 5am (pst) on release day. I called on Tuesday and was told that orders will be processed by the end of the week.

Originally Posted by retro23phan

California heads: ndc was supposed to be Friday, but I just got them on my doorstep today!!!
did your tracking update anything outside of it departing from Tennessee?

Not sure.  I didn't check as I thought it was going to be delivered tomorrow (friday/probably late in the day as usual/I hate UPS)

Was on my lunch break at home and it was literally on my doorstep.  No signature required/no we missed you tags/nothing.  Bittersweet actually.

Here is the break down (copied/pasted):

[table][tr][td]Cerritos, CA, United States [/td][td]12/29/2011 [/td][td]1:10 P.M. [/td][td]Delivered [/td][/tr][tr][td]
[/td][td]12/29/2011 [/td][td]6:14 A.M. [/td][td]Out For Delivery [/td][/tr][tr][td]Memphis, TN, United States [/td][td]12/24/2011 [/td][td]1:51 A.M. [/td][td]Departure Scan [/td][/tr][tr][td]Memphis, TN, United States [/td][td]12/23/2011 [/td][td]11:25 P.M. [/td][td]Origin Scan [/td][/tr][tr][td]United States [/td][td]12/23/2011 [/td][td]12:50 A.M. [/td][td]Order Processed: Ready for UPS [/td][/tr][/table]

much love bro
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by YoungGambit

So was this release of the Concords as bad as the OG release? I can't remember, I had to beg my mom to order them outta Eastbay back in the day lol

I miss the days when you could order sneakers from a catalog (eastbay). I remember back in h.s. people wouldn't be listening to the teacher just flipping through the new eastbay catalog lol
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
Everytime someone posts a screenshot of an old catalog it brings me back. It's so crazy that you used to be able to call in an order w/o being rushed and they'd show up.....no worrying about anything like today...no worrying about tracking shipments this and that....just relaxing knowing in a few days you'd have some fresh shoes to break out.

Originally Posted by Rocket

Originally Posted by ccastro02

Originally Posted by Rocket

Please let me know EXACTLY what "hypebeasts" are led to believe. I'm talking straight business. Disregard the shoes. For ANY product, hype = $$$. Yikes, man. Read the Walstreet Journal much? Probably not, but let me inform you that they wrote an article about how smart Nike brand is for pulling stuff off like this. You're kidding yourself if you think they handled this wrong. They handled it completely right. I'm absolutely positive you don't know a damn thing about business after your flurry of pedantic posts. Boom.
That Nike inc has zero flaws in their decision making. And what i'm saying, and what you delibertly fail to ackowledge is that certain shoes( i.e, concords) don't need the hype that jb is trying to instill on it's ( and future) consumers. Lol @ read the wall street journal reference; if you're going quote an article post your reference. I don't need a random columnist from the "wall street journal" feeding me bogus articles to help me sort out my finances. Like i said, beleive what you want, nike handled this poorly.
Btw, your weak attacks have proven that you've sunken beneath contempt and have resorted to name calling as an attempt make your argument a little more sound. What's next? typos?
Take a seat.

For your information, these big releases like the "Concords" DO need the hype. I know this because Jordan brand does not "instill" any hype upon the shoe when you think about it. Did you see a commercial about the Concord release? How about a billboard? Radio ad? Newspaper ad? Didn't think so. The sneaker forums and sneaker blogs (NiceKicks is just one example) create the hype all on their own. To summarize my point, the market is what decides which product does and does not need hype. You, I, and everybody else decided this shoe needed the hype when we log on to NikeTalk and talk about it, go on NiceKicks to read about it, and camp for hours to obtain it. Perfect business model, release a highly sought after product that you don't even need to pay hardly ANYTHING in advertising for and it still sells out in less than 30 minutes EVERYWHERE. 
As for the Wallstreet Journal I couldn't post it because I was on my phone, but here you go. You can't look at it online if you don't have full access to the site and with your extremely limited knowledge on business I am positive you don't subscribe to the Wallstreet Journal. Not trying to "name call", let's just call it a hunch 
laugh.gif

Look closely at the quote over to the right. Ken Hicks, Footlocker's CEO says "This is choreographed months in advance." You say "Nike inc has zero flaws with their decision making". So riddle me this, how can they have zero flaws in their decision making, yet you try to knock a perfectly sound business decision. 

l

You lost all credibility here man. If I'm "taking a seat" then you gotta be in the corner sucking your thumb right now. Cheers!  
pimp.gif
No they really don't though. They would've sold just as well had they made more pairs and released it on a weekend like any other release. Which was my initial argument.
So i see your source, an article commemorating nike brand for their efforts. Because that one columnist is congratulating nike, does not mean that that neveryone needs to agree with it. Just as i don't. Here's an article that portrays the release a little differently.
http://espn.go.com/espn/c...ke-do-more-stem-violence

When i said  "nike inc has no flaws" i was referring to the hypebeat mindset who believe this. Beleive what you want, i still beleive this release could've been handled a lot better by all parties.

Originally Posted by NostrandAve68

Sonnnnnnnnn Finishline CAN'T be serious. Charges only card for damn near a week now and the status still says processing. -_________-

One of my orders still say "processing" but I have the shoes in hand.

Still waiting on another restock in Chicago, I'd prefer an online restock tho cus I dont have the time to be traveling everywhere only to leave empty handed.

Wow, you gave me flashback to HS '94-'98....that's exactly what we used to do in class.  Eastbay catalogs were the $%#@

Haha I can relate it was either the newest issue of eastbay or issues of Slam magazine when it first came out haha (old folks talkin about back in my day)

I remember my Mom bought me The OG's at JcPennys back then. The only reason i got them because my aunt used to work there and got a employee discount. It just shows how times have changed.

Originally Posted by jordunk

I remember my Mom bought me The OG's at JcPennys back then. The only reason i got them because my aunt used to work there and got a employee discount. It just shows how times have changed.

Jcpenny had heat back in the day!

Back
Top Bottom