Official Air Jordan XI Concord Release thread 12/23/11 NO BUYING/SELLING/TRADING!

Originally Posted by Mikey23

Wore these today and my pinky toe was hurting
30t6p3b.gif
so gusse I won't b wearing these often.

Dang, your foot slidin' at all? I've had trouble with my big toe on some older XI Retros. All the recents have fit true, although my CG's pinch a little if I don't lace up tight from uneven weight distribution (foot slidin' slightly)

Originally Posted by Zyzz

really worried for RD on NDC
frown.gif
sure there will be A LOT but never actually purchased from them
damn bro youve been stressing and stressing for pages. where are you located?

my boy hits me up and tells me hes the 190th person online at Roosevelt Field Mall and this is for WRISTBANDS! jeez.

Damn, came home and saw the note on my door from USPS for the package from SFSC. Glad they came so fast but mad that I wasn't home to get them and now have to wait until Monday.

Originally Posted by SpoNTan3oUS Ed

[h6]"We will most likely have them for sale on Tuesday. Our price will be over $400. Keep checking back for updates. The Retro 11 is going to be released in stores on Dec. 23rd and it's going to be a madhouse. People will be camping out days before the release date. Don't be surprised if you see your local news mention something about it" - 23isback.com

marketing hype...it was gonna be crazy regardless, but now because its being literally advertised that way, its gonna rev up the demand even higher than it already is, and thats what makes people go around stabbing and waving guns just because they aint get a pair, yeah, is gonna be a "madhouse" alright,[/h6]
And to think, people on the other site chewed me out when I said it was possible that these could plateau at $500 shipped on the 23rd. considering the hype and demand, I can see it happen for a popular size (size 10-10.5) Hell, I even remember when some guy my sister worked with that paid $450 for space jams just because he wanted to wear them on new years eve. not to say EVERY pair will sell that high, but I can see it happening;

NT Las Vegas doing this:

To gain access to the Concord Release:
We will post here on Facebook when random numbered wristbands will be available. Once all of the wristbands have been distributed no other access will be granted. Doors open for the release at 11pm 12/22.

The random number wristbands will be your spot in line for the release. (DON'T PANIC! We will have plenty for those that are able to attend).

When it is your turn to purchase you will reach into a bag and draw a number. The numbers will be 1, 2 or....3. That will determine how many pair you can buy!!!! (This includes kids sizes).

We will have a panel of local shoeheads and staff who will judge who is wearing the rarest, illest, and best pair of Jordans. Once we have a top 5 finalists you (the participants) will vote on the winner! That winner will be able to get a single pair of Concords for Free!!!

One catch! You must WEAR your Jordans that you are entering in the competition to be eligible.

interesting.

Originally Posted by sthebest

[h6]"We will most likely have them for sale on Tuesday. Our price will be over $400. Keep checking back for updates. The Retro 11 is going to be released in stores on Dec. 23rd and it's going to be a madhouse. People will be camping out days before the release date. Don't be surprised if you see your local news mention something about it" - 23isback.com

marketing hype...it was gonna be crazy regardless, but now because its being literally advertised that way, its gonna rev up the demand even higher than it already is, and thats what makes people go around stabbing and waving guns just because they aint get a pair, yeah, is gonna be a "madhouse" alright,[/h6]
And to think, people on the other site chewed me out when I said it was possible that these could plateau at $500 shipped on the 23rd. considering the hype and demand, I can see it happen for a popular size (size 10-10.5) Hell, I even remember when some guy my sister worked with that paid $450 for space jams just because he wanted to wear them on new years eve. not to say EVERY pair will sell that high, but I can see it happening;

When you spit a grand in your sleep $500 ain't nuthin when you have to have somethin'. What gets me though is that a lot of these cats spending $400-500 for a 2011 or 2012 retro will not take the time to consider spending the same amount on a well kept very wearable DS pair of OG's, which may possibly have the same life left in them as the 2011 renditions. Sad testament to standards nowadays.

the CGs and DMPs were very stiff, but in a diff't way. It had no flex, like it was just a cheap *@@ mold. So I sized up to 11. I have been wearing Js in 10.5 w/o any problems, no foot issues, no bunyuon, no ball joing crap. Up .5 and you'll be fine.

Originally Posted by maxdunker

NT Las Vegas doing this:

To gain access to the Concord Release:
We will post here on Facebook when random numbered wristbands will be available. Once all of the wristbands have been distributed no other access will be granted. Doors open for the release at 11pm 12/22.

The random number wristbands will be your spot in line for the release. (DON'T PANIC! We will have plenty for those that are able to attend).

When it is your turn to purchase you will reach into a bag and draw a number. The numbers will be 1, 2 or....3. That will determine how many pair you can buy!!!! (This includes kids sizes).

We will have a panel of local shoeheads and staff who will judge who is wearing the rarest, illest, and best pair of Jordans. Once we have a top 5 finalists you (the participants) will vote on the winner! That winner will be able to get a single pair of Concords for Free!!!

One catch! You must WEAR your Jordans that you are entering in the competition to be eligible.

interesting.
good idea... as long as thousands don't show up 

Originally Posted by rojanjon

Originally Posted by Mikey23

Wore these today and my pinky toe was hurting
30t6p3b.gif
so gusse I won't b wearing these often.

Dang, your foot slidin' at all? I've had trouble with my big toe on some older XI Retros. All the recents have fit true, although my CG's pinch a little if I don't lace up tight from uneven weight distribution (foot slidin' slightly)

My foot slides a lil, I don't tie them up too tight. But I had the same problem with 09 SJ's, haven't wore the CG's do don't know bout them.

I really hope no one ordered a pair from VMVinc they're the ones who were selling the variants of the Cool Greys.

Originally Posted by create24chaos

Originally Posted by Sneekaz

Banned are way better quality.  I too have had the concords in my hand the other day from my local FL and the quality is nice unforunatley Im noy that impressed and a little disappointed. Nice compared to what JB has been putting out recently says very little ya'll.  Really makes me only want to get 1 pair instead of multiple. 

how do concords compare to sj quality

sorry bro, never had the SJ from the og's to the retros.  I dont like gray shoes so i passed just simply based on that and dont get wraped up in the hype all these kids create.  I really thought this would be the shoe for me to go crazy with when buying several pairs.  All I know is Ive had the OG's, the retro, passed on the DMP's and thats all I have to compare to.  Like I said, Im not impressed, not with the price hike and all the drama surrounding it.  Ive got my opinion and thats that.  I will cop a pair simply because this shoe is what got me hooked to begin with.  to me its really seems thin and tripleing on socks is the only way I can get the same comfort and inner quality as my OG's and my previous retros. 
All that complaining and being unimpressed and you're STILL copping.. Nike won
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by rojanjon

When you spit a grand in your sleep $500 ain't nuthin when you have to have somethin'. What gets me though is that a lot of these cats spending $400-500 for a 2011 or 2012 retro will not take the time to consider spending the same amount on a well kept very wearable DS pair of OG's, which may possibly have the same life left in them as the 2011 renditions. Sad testament to standards nowadays.
Thats what I tried to explain to those clowns. OG pairs go for $800+ if DS and 00s go for about $500 if DS. Your average person will not pay any mind to the older releases and want what everyone else has.  If someone lazy enough and wealthy enough misses out on this release, theyll pay whatever the resell is to ensure they have their pair. After all, Americans love instant gratification.

Originally Posted by JordanF1end

my boy hits me up and tells me hes the 190th person online at Roosevelt Field Mall and this is for WRISTBANDS! jeez.

What time they hand them out & how does the wristband thing work? Is it removable or do I have to sleep with it on? Are you guaranteed a certain size Jordan XI with the wristband?190th? Lol I wouldve went home and planned a ride to a suburb in New Jersey for RD.

indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif

This is ridiculous. They dont give them out until 6

Originally Posted by sheeed

They lining up for wristbands ALREADY?!

Yeah...all hell is about to break loose 
tired.gif
Man I gotta call around and see who doing wristbands then...or double up on the UK order smh...this is wild

Originally Posted by bence23

Originally Posted by Sneekaz

how do concords compare to sj quality

sorry bro, never had the SJ from the og's to the retros.  I dont like gray shoes so i passed just simply based on that and dont get wraped up in the hype all these kids create.  I really thought this would be the shoe for me to go crazy with when buying several pairs.  All I know is Ive had the OG's, the retro, passed on the DMP's and thats all I have to compare to.  Like I said, Im not impressed, not with the price hike and all the drama surrounding it.  Ive got my opinion and thats that.  I will cop a pair simply because this shoe is what got me hooked to begin with.  to me its really seems thin and tripleing on socks is the only way I can get the same comfort and inner quality as my OG's and my previous retros. 
All that complaining and being unimpressed and you're STILL copping.. Nike won
laugh.gif

Nice observation.  Welcome to 10 years ago.  open your eyes kid, Nike won a looooong time ago.  Believe that!.
laugh.gif

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

what time did he get there, and what time are they giving out the wristbands?

Originally Posted by spizike231

Getting anxious now.. it's almost time. I still remember the madness for the CDP XI/XII, and the Spacejam riot at Arden a few years back. To think that this will be worse is crazy. For these though, I will go through madness haha 
smokin.gif
Them fools were wilin man
30t6p3b.gif

I really hope Thursday night/Friday morning isn't like this
tired.gif

Back
Top Bottom