Official Air Jordan XI Concord Release thread 12/23/11 NO BUYING/SELLING/TRADING!

At this point, all it comes down to is whether you want to do the right thing; I'm 99% convinced that these are made from exactly the same materials and made in the same factories as authentic Nike shoes.  The analogous would be whether you want to pay for your music or still download them for free over the internet. 

Does that Mental Kicks pair say "JORDAN" or "JOQDAN"

That pair looks LEGIT to me. Just because they came from mental kicks doesn't mean they're fake. Look at the production date on the tag, i'd bet it's a later produced pair

Nice pic! Those breds are 
pimp.gif

They actually say "JORDAN" on the tongue.  When comparing everything else I could though, slight differences in everything kinda point to fakes

So you're really gonna kick a gift horse in the mouth because she copped you an early release pair? I understand you not liking fakes but it's not like she got you a hella fugazi pair. Rock the pair she got you dude. . Seriously you were stressing about getting your 1 pair, some cats cant even get 1 pair and you got 2 pairs technically? Are you being serious or looking for pity? SMFH. Your shoes are 95% real or 100% B-Grade. If that doesn't put you at ease then you seriously need to evaluate some things. 
And the whole JOQDAN error was part of the first run of these. They've all been pretty much corrected like the clear front toe. 

I've been following this thread, and I've had Nike.com, fnl, eastbay, ui, etc open on my phone for the occasional refresh. But at this point it's seeming like there won't be any restocks so it looks like I won't be wearing mine outside lol, just the gym or mall.

Just a few thoughts.

-This was the most difficult gr cop ever. My one pair came from a friend who works at a sneaker shop. I was up all that night before on ndc and fnl got caught refreshing and then reloading and had to start over after removing "ghost" pairs from my Cart. Then logins expiring. Phew it was a long night. Gave up around 2:30am eastern time.

-The quality is so-so, my right shoe is flawless but the left shoe has a bunch of small flaws. Excess glue, midsole creasing, and some strange lines/construction. They are comfortable, more comfortable than the cdp breds, and better material and cushioning than the space jams. But I still think the CG's are the most comfortable 11 to release in a while, with the anniversary editions being a close second.

-Finally, what a beautiful shoe. I work part time at a local Y and I let one of the teens put up some shots with my Concords on their feet. Gave me some good perspective on the cool lines/color blocking. It's really a simple shoe, a slipper with a low-to-the-ground grip. Patent leather, carbon fiber, mesh and rubber. One of a kind.

I hope everybody who's still trying to cop their pair gets that for retail or at least a reasonable price.

Originally Posted by maxdunker

So you're really gonna kick a gift horse in the mouth because she copped you an early release pair? I understand you not liking fakes but it's not like she got you a hella fugazi pair. Rock the pair she got you dude. . Seriously you were stressing about getting your 1 pair, some cats cant even get 1 pair and you got 2 pairs technically? Are you being serious or looking for pity? SMFH. Your shoes are 95% real or 100% B-Grade. If that doesn't put you at ease then you seriously need to evaluate some things. 
And the whole JOQDAN error was part of the first run of these. They've all been pretty much corrected like the clear front toe. 

Truth!
Can't wait for mine to come in on Friday.

09 Space Jams, 96 Breds, 11 Concords. I think I'm good with Elevens. Never really liked those Cool Greys.

It's not like I'm gonna just trash them, or give em away or anything like that.  Just the fact she spent MORE than retail and them not even being real you know what I mean?  Trust me, I've seen way worst fakes/bgrades and I guarantee non shoe heads wouldn't even know the difference if they got this pair.  Was just gonna ice my legit pair for now and rock these. All I can do anyways.  Trust me, it's not the end of the world, I was just saying and wanted to post some pics to differentiate MK pair and a legit pair from Nike.com.  And I was stressing about getting a pair and I didn't actually have one till yesterday.  Had to pay reseller price since that's all there's left to do.  Other cats can too if they want as long as they're willing to pay the higher price and how bad they want them.

Originally Posted by bklyn style baby

Originally Posted by optimusp517

Originally Posted by bklyn style baby

Originally Posted by optimusp517

BAM! All pairs have arrived! Only 1 pair had some defects and it came from NDC themselves!

http://www.flickr.com/photos/optimusp517/6632654687/

pimp.gif
congrats!!

Dude it's been a while! How've you been? Happy New Years bro! Btw can I get you on dem Yeezy?
You know i got your pair on lock!

Cool! I can't wait to find out how much those bad boys will run! How much I pay you last time for dem joints?

Well considering where the mental kicks pair came from you can just write the over as shipping costs. In the end they're gonna look fresh when you rock em.

On another note looked at my pairs today and noticed an increase in "yellowing" on the soles so I took the paper outta both of em. Fortunately SoCal weather has been nice so I might UNdeadstock these sooner than later. Man I need to cop some silica packs with the quickness :/

Originally Posted by dunks318ti

That pair looks LEGIT to me. Just because they came from mental kicks doesn't mean they're fake. Look at the production date on the tag, i'd bet it's a later produced pair
production tag 7/13/11 - 9/8/11

Originally Posted by dunks318ti

Mental kicks is legit just check the production date

Originally Posted by EuGeNiLe GTS

jordan11s.jpg

bored, practicing with dmc-gf2

Man I regret selling my red pair. It was the Jordan XI bred that got me all started in Js. My first pair and burned them to the ground hoopin!

Originally Posted by just blaze

I eventually just caved and paid reseller price for just one pair yesterday. SMH.  But today I got a package at work.  The girlfriend tried to surprise me for xmas (which I know it's already 1/3/12). Anyways she order from the dreaded "Mental Kicks" who one of her so called friends said she should get my pair from there.  
sick.gif
.  I instantly could smell the STRONG glue smell from the shoes. The carbon paper is pretty close to my authentic pair but it's still off as well as the box, plastic XI overlay and shoe trees.  Sadly, they look slightly better than my legit pair but whatever, the JB quality has been inconsistent anyways.  Now I'm stuck with a Fake pair of concords while all my other kicks are legit.  Thought about returning em, but it took a month for them to even come, who know if they'd even make it back and if she'll even get refunded.  Wouldn't dare sell a fake pair of shoes to anyone.  I mean I could wear em but I HATE FAKES as much as the next person and vowed to never buy fakes.  What to do...
Snapped some pics with my phone comparing both pairs.

Legit box on right

6632885225_035aee67b5_b.jpg

Legit pair on top

6632884001_0e8a676959_b.jpg

Legit pair on right

6632883241_7dcde82683_b.jpg

6632881983_d0085f713c_b.jpg

6632880633_9f8770273b_b.jpg

6632879423_b16b1f3c26_b.jpg

Legit pair on bottom

6632879943_2029a5de63_b.jpg
they look legit... if your stressing that much put them on ebay for 300 they will sell real quick... im sure mad people looking for a pair would be happy with them

damn, i was contemplating buying from mental kicks. thank god i didnt. just cant trust aything anymore, they look so similar but side by side is a dead give away.

They look the same to me.....I dont know what the difference is......the only thing to check is the production code

Originally Posted by smzsmz

damn, i was contemplating buying from mental kicks. thank god i didnt. just cant trust aything anymore, they look so similar but side by side is a dead give away.

Can you really tell side by side the difference?  What if I didn't label em to know which is which and just said I got my 2 pairs in would you still be able to tell?  I'm just curious thats all.  The only thing really that was different between the 2 was the box, trees, plastic XI, carbon paper, and strong glue smell from the MK pair.  Besides that, the MK is just about dead on

he was able to tell side by side? DEAD GIVE AWAY?!?!

o rly?

I wouldn't have been able to tell the difference..

Originally Posted by trick33

Originally Posted by just blaze

I eventually just caved and paid reseller price for just one pair yesterday. SMH.  But today I got a package at work.  The girlfriend tried to surprise me for xmas (which I know it's already 1/3/12). Anyways she order from the dreaded "Mental Kicks" who one of her so called friends said she should get my pair from there.  
sick.gif
.  I instantly could smell the STRONG glue smell from the shoes. The carbon paper is pretty close to my authentic pair but it's still off as well as the box, plastic XI overlay and shoe trees.  Sadly, they look slightly better than my legit pair but whatever, the JB quality has been inconsistent anyways.  Now I'm stuck with a Fake pair of concords while all my other kicks are legit.  Thought about returning em, but it took a month for them to even come, who know if they'd even make it back and if she'll even get refunded.  Wouldn't dare sell a fake pair of shoes to anyone.  I mean I could wear em but I HATE FAKES as much as the next person and vowed to never buy fakes.  What to do...
Snapped some pics with my phone comparing both pairs.

Legit pair on bottom

they look legit... if your stressing that much put them on ebay for 300 they will sell real quick... im sure mad people looking for a pair would be happy with them
From the other pictures, I couldn't see any difference from the shoes from mental-kicks vs. the "legit" until the last picture. The top shoe, which is apparently from MK, has one major flaw which is the white spot near the heel...it is off centered when compared to the legit pair on the bottom.

This whole time I was under the impression the mental-kicks sold legit shoes from Nike because of this site: http://sneakershoebox.com/

Reading these posts regardinh comparisons of legit vs. fake is like playing those puzzles/games where you compare 2 images and find what's different...kinda fun haha!

people saying they look good or legit need better monitors, their eyes checked or some sleep.

top pair legit.
just look at this pic. top pair is longer and look like a normal shape of a sneaker.
bottom ones are supposed to be the SAME SIZE 9.5 but look real "chubby" PL is way too high on the second bump/wave.

6632884001_0e8a676959_b.jpg

right pair legit.
another dead give away. sloppy threads hanging out over the top of the PL stitch. waves/bumps are too narrow. too close to each other.

6632883241_7dcde82683_b.jpg

right one legit.
again, the back wave/bump of the PL is too far toward the back of the shoe. the shape is off. second bump/wave is too high once again. thing is damn near halfway up the shoe.

6632881983_d0085f713c_b.jpg

legit on right
again, shape is totally off. its got a huge curve to the entire shape of the sneaker whereas the legit is straight. toe cap looks messy as hell, too. also, the "chubby" look is back again, this time from the front. they look extremely wide.

6632880633_9f8770273b_b.jpg

man, if yall can't see that shape, idk what to say anymore. 
look at how short that toe box is on the MK pair. it looks like a stubbed toe or something. shape shape shape. they are sz 9.5 but look like 8.5

6632879423_b16b1f3c26_b.jpg

Legit pair on bottom

this one is the most noticeable. top one is a darker blue(concord) white dot on the heel under the sole is hella off. a lot! jumpman and EVERYTHING under the sole is very white and appears clear. whereas the legit sole's jumpman and white dots appears a little blurry. white dot on the heel is centered...

see notes above with pics ^

no one can probably tell while they are on but i couldnt do that to myself. thanks for the pics! thanks a lot because i was contemplating those guys heavy! looks like i wont be messing with and china or HK sites. as if i didnt know before, i saw everyone else getting used to it and so i thought maybe there were a few legit spots. probably are actually but i cant take that risk. i really cant. not for 275+ for 100 maybe
grin.gif

Those are a legit pair from Mental kicks. What makes them not legit?

All my pairs from US and UK have a begining production date of 7/12/11 or 7/13/11 and end in september or october. The carbon fiber and patent leather cuts all vary with each shoe. not even the same when you compare the left and right shoe of a pair. Even the shades of sole vary slightly.

JB quality so shabby these days. There was a Nikestore pair that someone got, there was a split in the patent leather on the heel. was not even connected!!! Thats not a legit pair then right? from Nikestore?

Are we actually saying that too high of PL cut is not legit? Cant believe that BS. We always strive for high PL cuts on our pairs. The patent leather cut on the MK pair actually looks a lot better. Check your production dates

Whatever they may be. Its hit or miss with Jordans nowadays no matter where you buy from. I got some bad pairs, and good pairs from all that i purchased

so it appears that my order from End is now delayed.........it is in clearance delay

one of the customs papers with it was messed up, so its delayed before going to customs clearance....they are contacting End to resubmit

the wait continues.......

Originally Posted by cashm0neyand1

Those are a legit pair from Mental kicks. What makes them not legit?

All my pairs from US and UK have a begining production date of 7/12/11 or 7/13/11 and end in september or october. The carbon fiber and patent leather cuts all vary with each shoe. not even the same when you compare the left and right shoe of a pair. Even the shades of sole vary slightly.

JB quality so shabby these days. There was a Nikestore pair that someone got, there was a split in the patent leather on the heel. was not even connected!!! Thats not a legit pair then right? from Nikestore?

Are we actually saying that too high of PL cut is not legit? Cant believe that BS. We always strive for high PL cuts on our pairs. The patent leather cut on the MK pair actually looks a lot better. Check your production dates

Whatever they may be. Its hit or miss with Jordans nowadays no matter where you buy from. I got some bad pairs, and good pairs from all that i purchased

My exact thoughts

Back
Top Bottom