Official Air Jordan XX9 post! 1st two released 9/6/14! NO BUYING/SELLING/TRADING!

Love the shoe itself, but big jumpman plus "23" just brands the shoe too much instead of letting it speak for itself. It should make people think "wow, that's a cool shoe. I wonder what kind it is. Oh it's the newest Jordan flagship." not "wow look at those Jordans. They really couldn't think of anything more original?"

Lol anyway, even if you love the big jumpman, you would have to admit JB isn't making the most of shoe, given the potential with the upper. But who knows, maybe they will. Hope so.

Agreed. Years from now the 29's with the big Jumpman will be sought after...
I disagree. No Jordan after the 13 is really that sought after.
last shot 14s oh and maybe even candy cane 14s, and I guarantee when the 16s and 23s are retroed they won't sit the 15s were so bad that the 16s automatically look awesome
laugh.gif

Love the shoe itself, but big jumpman plus "23" just brands the shoe too much instead of letting it speak for itself. It should make people think "wow, that's a cool shoe. I wonder what kind it is. Oh it's the newest Jordan flagship." not "wow look at those Jordans. They really couldn't think of anything more original?"

Lol anyway, even if you love the big jumpman, you would have to admit JB isn't making the most of shoe, given the potential with the upper. But who knows, maybe they will. Hope so.
Its no different than Nike branding on some shoes, the only good xx9s IMHO have been the big jumpman solid upper bcuz that them elephant print trapezoids is horrible
laugh.gif

I might mess around and keep the xx9 n flip the XI
my homeboi from champs going for the samething tried to talk me into going in on the pack with him and me taking the XI for $300
indifferent.gif
 then I laughed and he did to bcuz he knows i'm not an XI guy though these are better than the columbias

lol 300 hes crazy. only reason id flip is cuz what theyll go for. they arent worth that much to me

17 and 18 were actually sought after much too. The only reasons they did not sell out compared to aj 1 -13 are that the retail for both were significantly higher than previous models and that MJ was less popular by the mass.
I worked at footlocker back then and i remember that many customers were interested when seeing them but put them back when they saw the retail of 210 euros for the aj 17 and 230 euros for the aj 18.
Once they dropped to 150 euros they almost sold out.

i was at foot locker for the 17 release and they retailed $200 usd, never went on sale to my knowledge. definitely sold out within fair amount of time here. saw tons of retros go on sale that are now going for big money tho, like the raging bull pack lol

I love the simplicity of just the Jumpman, No other designs, Just Jordan! I tried these on the day they came out and couldn't bring myself to pay 300$ Canadian for them. They felt flimsy, I kinda wish I had of got them now, since everyone says they are the greatest shoe to play in of all time. I bought 5 pairs of Kobe 9 low and 2 high instead. Kobe 9 vs Jordan 29, which shoe performs better?

I love the simplicity of just the Jumpman, No other designs, Just Jordan! I tried these on the day they came out and couldn't bring myself to pay 300$ Canadian for them. They felt flimsy, I kinda wish I had of got them now, since everyone says they are the greatest shoe to play in of all time. I bought 5 pairs of Kobe 9 low and 2 high instead. Kobe 9 vs Jordan 29, which shoe performs better?
The 'flimsy' feeling that you experiences is to me is what's special about this shoe.   It isn't flimsy in a bad sense.  It's remarkable how much lockdown  and support you get from such a minimal upper.  The XX9 provides for me what I was hoping for with the upper of the Kobe 9, plus some increased responsiveness.  I'd say court feel is about as good in both shoes -- XX9 traction is great, maybe not quite as good as the kobe 9 but it's good.  The cushioning setup will last you much longer in the xx9

Definitely depends on what you want in terms of what 'performs better.'  For what it's worth, I do like playing in the Kobe 9, but I'd take the XX9.

I kind of like the gift of flight pair... not completely sold due to the silver colored frame.  An on foot look would probably help

Last edited:
I kind of like the gift of flight pair... not completely sold due to the silver colored frame.  An on foot look would probably help

This, except that for me the silver frame is definite go. I´m just not a huge fan of white-based shoes anymore, but the black and white pattern inside the blue lines is SICK

Last edited:
10yrs from now all ajXV-2012 will be wanted.the aj1-14 will all be played out and retroed 5times.
I agree, especially 15-23. I highly doubt 2009 and up will ever be wanted though. those are simply valued only to a very select few obsessed Jordan collectors. The majority of people do not want them for style. They wouldn't have a strong demand for the technology gimmicks either, because every single year they tell you there is some new great thing that's much better (even though it rarely is much different at all). Resellers aren't even interested in those models because of these factors, so where does the real demand come from? Only way those would do well is if they made them extremely limited and even then I don't see much interest

Back
Top Bottom