Official Air Jordan XX9 post! 1st two released 9/6/14! NO BUYING/SELLING/TRADING!

If they stick with Unlocked Zoom, I hope they fix the durability issues.  Nike's been good on my returns, but I'd rather have the shoes work on the court rather than sending them back for Nike credit when they pop within 1-6 months.

Last edited:
Im really excited about the AJXX9... I think these Jordan's will blow everybody away. And plus its been a year since the XX8..so they have had some time to make us do a double take on these kicks!

Im really excited about the AJXX9... I think these Jordan's will blow everybody away. And plus its been a year since the XX8..so they have had some time to make us do a double take on these kicks!

They had the same time after the 2011 for the 2012 and the 28. 2012 or 28 weren't bad, they just didn't do what I expected coming off of the 2011 and it's success..

I don't know what to expect. Hope they're dope[emoji]128137[/emoji]we need something breath taking and it's really hard to get that from a shoe nowadays. I remember when the 11s first dropped.[emoji]128588[/emoji] [emoji]128591[/emoji] God touched[emoji]9757[/emoji]️ Tinker. I need another one of those moments!

Wait so is this big reveal supposed to be Thursday or is it a "look for them in the playoffs" kind of thing now?

Did you play in them bro?
I don't think I needed to. popping gimmick zoom bags, $250 price tag, no nike+, soles falling apart, elf boot design, tard colorways, and pretty sure I saw some people with zipper issues and ripping uppers. What are the good things about this shoe? the fact that they went back to the numbers for a jordan sig? Great design, or huge ripoff and let down?

I don't think I needed to. popping gimmick zoom bags, $250 price tag, no nike+, soles falling apart, elf boot design, tard colorways, and pretty sure I saw some people with zipper issues and ripping uppers. What are the good things about this shoe? the fact that they went back to the numbers for a jordan sig? Great design, or huge ripoff and let down?
So you've formed an opinion based on anecdotal evidence without even sampling the product.  That would be like me saying the latest Hyundai isn't a great drive without having driven it. It probably isn't but I can't say so conclusively.

To answer your question, performance is what was so good about the XX8s. And not just the unlocked zoom, which if you tried it you would know it's not just a marketing gimmick.

The way they hug your feet is unlike any other shoe. I've tried the lebron x and kobe 8 and they are very  weak in comparison to the xx8.

I like the design, you don't but that's subjective.

Value is relative. There isn't a single product by JB or Nike that's worth the sticker price. Retros are not worth $170 in the same way that the xx8 is not worth $250. But tell you what, I'd rather pay 250 for a new and innovative product than  170 for a 20+ year old design that's produced with lesser quality than it was 20 years ago. 170 for a  basketball shoe that isn't really suited to basketball anymore doesn't seem good value to me.

The zoom bags I agree are a major weak point for the xx8 and should not happen on.

so this is the official thread ?  can't wait to see what they have 
nerd.gif

So you've formed an opinion based on anecdotal evidence without even sampling the product.  That would be like me saying the latest Hyundai isn't a great drive without having driven it. It probably isn't but I can't say so conclusively.

To answer your question, performance is what was so good about the XX8s. And not just the unlocked zoom, which if you tried it you would know it's not just a marketing gimmick.

The way they hug your feet is unlike any other shoe. I've tried the lebron x and kobe 8 and they are very  weak in comparison to the xx8.

I like the design, you don't but that's subjective.

Value is relative. There isn't a single product by JB or Nike that's worth the sticker price. Retros are not worth $170 in the same way that the xx8 is not worth $250. But tell you what, I'd rather pay 250 for a new and innovative product than  170 for a 20+ year old design that's produced with lesser quality than it was 20 years ago. 170 for a  basketball shoe that isn't really suited to basketball anymore doesn't seem good value to me.

The zoom bags I agree are a major weak point for the xx8 and should not happen on.
You can't really say performance is what's good about the xx8 when nearly every page of the thread has someone who had to send theirs back, or is just keeping them because they like the color, but unhappy they fell apart and don't want to lose the colorway. I don't think you should have to hope your $250 shoes don't fall apart or malfunction in less than a year or a month in some cases. I don't need to sample the product to know this. Performance is not the same thing as fit. The way this shoe has been described on numerous occasions, the overall  performance is **** to be totally honest. they might feel good on your feet, to you... but that doesn't mean they perform on the court like they were supposed to..... it's been made pretty clear that they don't but you can keep defending them lol. overall let down in that regard.

You can't really say performance is what's good about the xx8 when nearly every page of the thread has someone who had to send theirs back, or is just keeping them because they like the color, but unhappy they fell apart and don't want to lose the colorway. I don't think you should have to hope your $250 shoes don't fall apart or malfunction in less than a year or a month in some cases. I don't need to sample the product to know this. Performance is not the same thing as fit. The way this shoe has been described on numerous occasions, the overall  performance is **** to be totally honest. they might feel good on your feet, to you... but that doesn't mean they perform on the court like they were supposed to..... it's been made pretty clear that they don't but you can keep defending them lol. overall let down in that regard.
The question of performance is not the same as the question of durability. A good performing shoe may not necessarily be durable. A durable shoe may not necessarily be a good performer on court.

I like Russell Westbrook but he don't have the appeal to be the XX9 front man, or the XX8. I wanna see JB do more with Blake cuz dude way more marketable. Plus Blake can act, I'd like to see those commercials [emoji]128557[/emoji][emoji]128514[/emoji]

Yeah, they should have Blake wear a signature.

Westbook, Blake, Joe Johnson and Ray Allen.

I bought the first colorway of the 28's which was the first sig i bought since the 23's. I haven't been this interested in years so I hope they keep the momentum going with these.

I hope they will not make it like a boots XX8 and Kobe 9 Elite

I want the shoes to be in Mid's like SE and M10 with better technology, but what else can beat the goodness of flight plate??

Back
Top Bottom