Official Air Jordan XX9 post! 1st two released 9/6/14! NO BUYING/SELLING/TRADING!

Went to the mall today. Looked at and touched the upper on the cement pair. Didn't bother to try them since passing anyway BUT I thought the upper felt the same as the upper on the zoom hyperrev Thoughts???

I balled in them today. Played for about 3 hours. Court was slightly dusty. Anyone have traction problem? I also played in the xx8 with similar dusty court and the traction was awesome. Any quick fix for the xx9?

[quote name="NobleKane""/t/572785/official-air-jordan-xx9-post-1st-two-released-9-6-14-no-buying-selling-trading/1860#post_21572366"]
Well the air max cw was a big man shoe so... :lol:[/quote]

and that's where you would expect a shoe with better ankle support. But instead the cut was not only quite low and the worst was the over sized air max unit which made them easily flipping to the side and twist your ankle even during dribbling or playing defense.

Something that did not happen with my aj 13, 14 for instance (guard shoe).
Concerning kobe shoes, most of them were low cuts and for sure if you really stepped falsely you would seriously twist your ankle.
However, the whole sole construction allows the wearer to move more natural and gives you the chance to balance to avoid sudden breakaway to the outside. So even you have a low cut shoe like kobes you still twist your ankle less than in most mid/high
basketball shoes from the 1980's early 1990's due to the sole design.
The aj 7 for instance has quite bad ankle support despite of its quote high cutting because the ankle part is flappy and the sole construction totally outdated compared to shoes from the last ~10 years.
we also have lighter materials which provides stability where you would need much thick leather back then.

Went to the mall today. Looked at and touched the upper on the cement pair. Didn't bother to try them since passing anyway BUT I thought the upper felt the same as the upper on the zoom hyperrev Thoughts???

The xx9 is classes above the Hyperrev. The containment of the foot is what differentiates them. There's been many cases of the hyperrev and kd vi elite where people had to tie their laces an awkward way for decent containment to prevent the frequent sliding of foot inside the shoe due to lack of structure. The xx9 however is weaved to target areas of needed support and delivers. It's the beauty of it. It's like a tailor made silhouette of your foot.

The xx9 is classes above the Hyperrev. The containment of the foot is what differentiates them. There's been many cases of the hyperrev and kd vi elite where people had to tie their laces an awkward way for decent containment to prevent the frequent sliding of foot inside the shoe due to lack of structure. The xx9 however is weaved to target areas of needed support and delivers. It's the beauty of it. It's like a tailor made silhouette of your foot.

THIS. The XX9s feel soft like the HyperRevs but they are way more supportive. My feet do not move around in them at all when laced properly. It's containment in a nicely flexible shoe. Very refreshing actually.

I know the cost scares away a lot of people, but you have to play in them to fully appreciate them. That upper is what you call innovation. It's a game changer in my opinion on how to build an upper. You can tell companies are starting to move away from fuse and leather and more into softer, flexible, and lighter materials, except nothing beats the woven upper on the XX9. It's soft, flexible, supportive, and light all at the same time, which I thought was not possible. Not to mention it feels great.

And for those worried about ankle support, there is no such thing as ankle support unless you want to buy the Ektio breakaway or wear ankle braces. If you're landing on your ankle, no amount of "ankle support" (except for braces) will help you. As for rollovers, any decent basketball shoe will prevent rollovers and the XX9 is no exception. The XX9 does have a heel cup that does its job. You just gotta feel it since it's not visible underneath the woven upper.

I know the cost scares away a lot of people, but you have to play in them to fully appreciate them. That upper is what you call innovation. It's a game changer in my opinion on how to build an upper. You can tell companies are starting to move away from fuse and leather and more into softer, flexible, and lighter materials, except nothing beats the woven upper on the XX9. It's soft, flexible, supportive, and light all at the same time, which I thought was not possible. Not to mention it feels great.

And for those worried about ankle support, there is no such thing as ankle support unless you want to buy the Ektio breakaway or wear ankle braces. If you're landing on your ankle, no amount of "ankle support" (except for braces) will help you. As for rollovers, any decent basketball shoe will prevent rollovers and the XX9 is no exception. The XX9 does have a heel cup that does its job. You just gotta feel it since it's not visible underneath the woven upper.

I agree and I would like to line out the cost and value comparisson between contemporay and retro Jordans.

In the USA, it is 225 USD for AJ XX9 or Kobe 9 Elite VS 170 USD for most Jordan retros right?

In Germany it is 200 € for AJ XX9 or Kobe 9 Elite VS 170 € for most Jordan retros.

For the fact that most retros are using outdated technology and worse upper materials than their OG counterparts,
it makes much more sense to spend a bit more to have a high end basketball shoe with a fresh design and where
not so many hypebeasts are wearing.

Back in 2011 it happened to me the first time: I wanted to buy the AJ3 white/cements but when I wore them and saw
the oily leather, it turned me off. Then I tried the AJ 2011 white/charcoals which looked better on foot than I expected
and i simply loved that comfort and fit. In the end I ended up going for the AJ 2011 for 170 € over the AJ 3 retro for 150 €.

Last edited:
I agree and I would like to line out the cost and value comparisson between contemporay and retro Jordans.

In the USA, it is 225 USD for AJ XX9 or Kobe 9 Elite VS 170 USD for most Jordan retros right?

In Germany it is 200 € for AJ XX9 or Kobe 9 Elite VS 170 € for most Jordan retros.

For the fact that most retros are using outdated technology and worse upper materials than their OG counterparts,
it makes much more sense to spend a bit more to have a high end basketball shoe with a fresh design and where
not so many hypebeasts are wearing.

Back in 2011 it happened to me the first time: I wanted to buy the AJ3 white/cements but when I wore them and saw
the oily leather, it turned me off. Then I tried the AJ 2011 white/charcoals which looked better on foot than I expected
and i simply loved that comfort and fit. In the end I ended up going for the AJ 2011 for 170 € over the AJ 3 retro for 150 €.
Yes, there's no comparison between the comfort of the newer sigs and the retros. It doesn't help that they've changed the shape on most retros to make it even more uncomfortble

I rather spend 225 on quality then 170 on that retro garbage
I agree (especially if you intend to use them for playing basketball). However I still think 225 is too much. I'd rather get the new Jordan Super Fly 3 next month for 130 which will most likely perform very similar on court!

Shipping came through about an hour ago from Hanon.  Anyone have experience with Parcel Force?  Assuming it will eventually transfer to usps

Someone said this earlier I'm pretty sure, but I really hope JB comes through on some solid colorways using this upper tech.  I like the team orange, but the potential here is just crazy.  

I won't hold my breath though...

THIS. The XX9s feel soft like the HyperRevs but they are way more supportive. My feet do not move around in them at all when laced properly. It's containment in a nicely flexible shoe. Very refreshing actually.

Glad to hear the upper is supportive. Just seems like it might rip or tear if someone steps on them in a game

do these guys have any college ball or atleast high school ball experience?
foamer played professionally overseas and his brother played D1 ball in college. kickgenius guys plays high school and JC ball i believe. nightwing2303 is just a collector that plays rec league that's into sneakers, don't know if he played high school. got these info from people that follows them.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom