Official Air Jordan XX9 post! 1st two released 9/6/14! NO BUYING/SELLING/TRADING!

I haven't tried em on yet, but my wife had the same feeling toward them as yours..And I get my wife's opinion on shoes when I'm dropping over 150 on a pair..If I don't have her to calm me down from that "shoe high" then I'll buy anything I can get my hands on..She's diggin' the White/Black colorway so I think I'm going to hold out til those hit shelves and possibly cop those..

if its something i absolutely love, then ill pay it regardless of whether or not she likes them, but when its something i "like", then her opinion counts. i might try to grab that black pair too

i saw EP version sitting in FTL stores but sadly none is carrying the oranges... i have a 20%off coupon and i'll be happy to use for XX9s, if only they had the right CW... 
mean.gif

i saw EP version sitting in FTL stores but sadly none is carrying the oranges... i have a 20%off coupon and i'll be happy to use for XX9s, if only they had the right CW... 
mean.gif
it was for this exact reason i picked up the oranges they seemed to just be moving too quickly, that return came into the store and i debated it for about an hour but ultimately copped didnt want to regret it. 

it was for this exact reason i picked up the oranges they seemed to just be moving too quickly, that return came into the store and i debated it for about an hour but ultimately copped didnt want to regret it. 
fact is they didnt ran out quick, they never stocked oranges! 
mad.gif

fact is they didnt ran out quick, they never stocked oranges! 
mad.gif
only one spot locally got them and it wasn't part of our chain so i was surprised to see a return when i got to work. Tried them on and since they will be for casual use going a half size down wasn't a big deal it still felt good. Although i feel like im on a platform when i have my feet in them that was definitely a different feel from the xx8.

Quote:
Originally Posted by si3n4 View Post

After two weeks of playing in the team oranges I decided to return them. After the first few days I was consistently getting leg and knee pain with some shin splints. I never get shin splints in any other basketball shoes. As much as I loved the fit and heel to toe transition, I just could not justify to keep playing through the pain and hoping it would get better. I still believe these are very good shoes for lighter players. These just don't work for me and my body. I'm back to playing in my XX8s and will look to try out the Lebron XIIs next.

Are you a big dude?

Not really. I consider myself medium sized - 6'1" and 200lbs. I'm in good shape so I'm not a lumbering big guy. I do heel strike more than I should, so I guess my gate could use some work. The cushioning on these just don't quite work for me and the XX8s do.

Last edited:
Man I want the Blk/Wht/Red pair so damn bad, but I've been saving for 4 months for the Air Command Force..Ugh, decisions decisions..

Quote:
Originally Posted by si3n4 View Post

After two weeks of playing in the team oranges I decided to return them. After the first few days I was consistently getting leg and knee pain with some shin splints. I never get shin splints in any other basketball shoes. As much as I loved the fit and heel to toe transition, I just could not justify to keep playing through the pain and hoping it would get better. I still believe these are very good shoes for lighter players. These just don't work for me and my body. I'm back to playing in my XX8s and will look to try out the Lebron XIIs next.
Not really. I consider myself medium sized - 6'1" and 200lbs. I'm in good shape so I'm not a lumbering big guy. I do heel strike more than I should, so I guess my gate could use some work. The cushioning on these just don't quite work for me and the XX8s do.

Yet your current body weight might affect the pain in your shins and knees at 200 pounds with a height of 6'1. I'm 160 pounds with a height of 5'9 usually and every time i surpass 170 pounds and play basketball i feel soreness in my shins and knees in most of my shoes i wear.
I think you might need a basketball shoe with stronger cushioning overall designed for forwards and not for guards.
or you might want to lose some weight in favor to reduce impact on your legs and increase some quickness possibly too.
It's not about body shape or look but to minimize stress on the bones.
so for months I've been playing more basketball, eat less and avoid sweets and other snacks as much as possible. Unfortunately i love to eat XD

Yet your current body weight might affect the pain in your shins and knees at 200 pounds with a height of 6'1. I'm 160 pounds with a height of 5'9 usually and every time i surpass 170 pounds and play basketball i feel soreness in my shins and knees in most of my shoes i wear.
I think you might need a basketball shoe with stronger cushioning overall designed for forwards and not for guards.
or you might want to lose some weight in favor to reduce impact on your legs and increase some quickness possibly too.
It's not about body shape or look but to minimize stress on the bones.
so for months I've been playing more basketball, eat less and avoid sweets and other snacks as much as possible. Unfortunately i love to eat XD
Seriously? You're blaming him for being 200lbs and not the shoes? BRB going to lose some weight so I can use the shoes nike made  with cost cutting and not performance being the primary objective. As someone else stated, if lack of zoom air in the heel is so great, why did it take nike so long to reach that conclusion?

Your argument would have some credence if he got shin splints in other shoes but he clearly stated he didn't,

And assuming it's muscle weight and not fat, he would have higher bone density and stronger muscles which would reduce the stress on the bones.

I weigh about 217lbs and had no such issues with the xx8s. I'm not going to try the xx9s after si3n4's experience

that's what I was thinking. How can you blame someone that's 200lbs? that's not very heavy there are plenty of NBA players at or around that weight you're saying they shouldn't be wearing the latest air Jordan either because of their weight? I had this same type of issue with the first hyperdunks and that crappy gimmick cushioning. I can understand these not having zoom in the heel but are they lacking air as well?? if so lol. when was the last time an air Jordan had no air in the heel? never? I don't see how it's a good idea to have really squishy "unlocked" zoom in the forefoot and next to nothing in the heel?

Last edited:
Seriously? You're blaming him for being 200lbs and not the shoes? BRB going to lose some weight so I can use the shoes nike made  with cost cutting and not performance being the primary objective. As someone else stated, if lack of zoom air in the heel is so great, why did it take nike so long to reach that conclusion?

Your argument would have some credence if he got shin splints in other shoes but he clearly stated he didn't,
And assuming it's muscle weight and not fat, he would have higher bone density and stronger muscles which would reduce the stress on the bones.
I weigh about 217lbs and had no such issues with the xx8s. I'm not going to try the xx9s after si3n4's experience

what i said is about my own experience when i played basketball or did sprints with increased weight.
Weight does matter and that's how tim duncan and now LeBron James reduced their weight in order to prolonge their career. Look what happened to michael jordan or charles Barkley. They increased weight after they got 30 and it sure did not prolonge their career. Both suffered back spasm and mj had knee problems during his 2nd comeback.

I am glad that some people are coming to their senses. Really, this is the first air jordan with no air in the heel because of cost cutting and the fact that the hype train will sell anything. I think it is naive to think that jordan had knee or back problems because of his weight. It would be most likely due to all the years of playing not his weight. Also jordan had like only 3% body fat in his prime. Probably a little more after the second comeback but he was never ever overweight while playing.

Last edited:

that's what I was thinking. How can you blame someone that's 200lbs? that's not very heavy there are plenty of NBA players at or around that weight you're saying they shouldn't be wearing the latest air Jordan either because of their weight? I had this same type of issue with the first hyperdunks and that crappy gimmick cushioning. I can understand these not having zoom in the heel but are they lacking air as well?? if so lol. when was the last time an air Jordan had no air in the heel? never? I don't see how it's a good idea to have really squishy "unlocked" zoom in the forefoot and next to nothing in the heel?
Oh man, that lunarlon stuff they used in the hyperdunk is such junk. They gave it some nifty name to hype it up but it's still a cost cutting measure. I refuse to spend my money on lunarlon shoes.

Oh man, that lunarlon stuff they used in the hyperdunk is such junk. They gave it some nifty name to hype it up but it's still a cost cutting measure. I refuse to spend my money on lunarlon shoes.
haha I know. I was in highschool so I kind of fell for the hype and seeing my favorite nba player with them I just had to have them. that was the only shoe I ever had that I just couldn't stand
sick.gif
. also this really worries me about retros. I bet a lot of our kicks don't even have an air unit in them. none of us are willing to dissect them to find out and JB doesn't even really advertise them as having it now days, so they can't really be sued or anything. the way I see it, shoes are exactly what they are... just shoes. Nike will continually sell us the "technology" thing year after year and the majority of consumers will follow it. but the fact of the matter is imo, shoes can't really get all that much more "high tech". look at the Jordan 1. good support, good traction, bad cushioning. the biggest upgrades in history have been foam midsoles, shank plates, and traction to some extent can improve or appear to improve. now look at what nike is selling you for 225-250 dollars. They just release pretty much the same thing year after year, but now they call it a "flight plate" and "unlocked zoom" which I haven't tried but in all honesty I think it's pretty much the same thing as articulated zoom just closer to the ground and less other material cushioning you hence the popped units. Bottomline shoe technology can't really improve much further at all. There is no incentive to either. cost cutting is nike's priority which is why I feel the products have actually been taking a step back "technology" wise.

Last edited:
Even if Jordan(or anybody) is 15-20 lbs over-weight it matters none if the Basketball shoe is on point. This xx9 was supposedly "tailored for fit".
And now I believe it's built for 165-180 pound guys who can fit size 30 waist with a 28 inseam.

God forbid you weigh 2+ and tower (lol) at a staggering 6-1.

I'd think at least in the days we have now of Retro's being sold on pure nostalgia and hype that, the new sigs would offer at least as much as the design and commercials suggest, an appropriate Shoe to ball in.

They will be saying the same next year when they remove the zoom from the forefoot and you will be drinking the same old Kool-Aid they are serving you. 

Back
Top Bottom