Official Air Jordan XX9 post! 1st two released 9/6/14! NO BUYING/SELLING/TRADING!

Riverwalks in person are
pimp.gif
Oh damn really? I was originally gonna go for the team oranges but that changed after seeing pics of the Riverwalks. They are just unreal
nthat.gif

I'm really hoping to cop online, does anyone know if these are gonna be limited/NDC only? My guess is that the price will turn most people off but who knows these days...

Last edited:
I really hope the river walks tank...........

so I can cop on discount, I think they look great, but I paid retail for the Team Orange and don't want to drop that much again

Riverwalks in person are
pimp.gif
Oh damn really? I was originally gonna go for the team oranges but that changed after seeing pics of the Riverwalks. They are just unreal
nthat.gif

I'm really hoping to cop online, does anyone know if these are gonna be limited/NDC only? My guess is that the price will turn most people off but who knows these days...
not limited 2 FTA within 30mins of me are getting them and one is in a small city, pretty sure this is a GR

well from the 2x I've seen them in hand its white stitched

that's why the jumpman and 23 on the tongue is white, now why the shoe is more pink than teal I don't have an answer for
it's the star and the chili color, as well as the liner around the collars.
I know where the pink is but there's way more teal in that jersey than pink where as the shoe is the complete opposite

GR, but probably like the TO they won't make a whole lot of them. same happened with the xx8...they weren't limited, but not a whole lot to begin with.

GR, but probably like the TO they won't make a whole lot of them. same happened with the xx8...they weren't limited, but not a whole lot to begin with.
nah I never seen the TO them joints had to be limited, the RW gonna be everywhere

Last edited:
Concerning people claiming that the reason to remove the ZOOM AIR unit in the heel is due to saving costs is quite ridiculous.
Do you really think such air unit costs more than 1 USD? I'm sure it's even far less in production cost.

The reason they left it out is far more that the designer thinks the LUNARLON cushion is sufficient for a basketball shoe
designed for a guard who does roll heavily with their heel on the floor but mainly sprints where the weight is rather
pushed to the forefoot area.
When you jump, spint and play defense you mainly use your forefoot section.

I have worn almost every Air Jordan except the XX2, XX3 and 2009 and I must say the heel cushion of the XX9
feels better than on the OG I - X, XII - XV, XVIII and mostly equal to the XX 2010.

Air Jordans with slightly more responsive heel cushioning are the XI, XVII, XX8.

Air Jordans which had clearly more responsive heel cushioning are the XVI, XIX, XX1, 2011 with the Air Max insoles,
2012 with the Air Max insoles.

I'm 5'9 at ~170 pounds (already slightly heavier than the average for my height) and play mostly position 3 and I prefer shoes with stiffer and thinner soles over soft and thick soles
as I need any "inch" of quickness for my game. Worst were in playing in the AIR MAX CW1 and AIR PIPPEN 1.
They were very comfortable back then but too clunky and slowed me down. Even Scottie Pippen and Toni Kukoc wore
some PE's in the NBA finals which did not have the visible AIR MAX but I assume they just had standard encapsulated Air units.

BOTTOM LINE:
- the replacement of the heel Air Unit by using LUNARLON is NOT a cost saving factor
- AIR unit does not mean automatically best cushioning. Or do you think SHOX and LUNARLON and all other non-NIKE branded
athletic shoes are inferior because they don't have AIR? Get over it!
- LUNARLON for a player like Westbrook at 6'3 with 200 pounds or Kobe at 6'6 with 212 pounds should be fine
- For Lebron who is 6'8 and was over 260 pounds before he did the carbed diet I think the XX9 might not offer him
sufficient cushioning ==> body height/weight ratio matters not just the weight itself

Concerning people claiming that the reason to remove the ZOOM AIR unit in the heel is due to saving costs is quite ridiculous.
Do you really think such air unit costs more than 1 USD? I'm sure it's even far less in production cost.

The reason they left it out is far more that the designer thinks the LUNARLON cushion is sufficient for a basketball shoe
designed for a guard who does roll heavily with their heel on the floor but mainly sprints where the weight is rather
pushed to the forefoot area.
When you jump, spint and play defense you mainly use your forefoot section.

I have worn almost every Air Jordan except the XX2, XX3 and 2009 and I must say the heel cushion of the XX9
feels better than on the OG I - X, XII - XV, XVIII and mostly equal to the XX 2010.

Air Jordans with slightly more responsive heel cushioning are the XI, XVII, XX8.

Air Jordans which had clearly more responsive heel cushioning are the XVI, XIX, XX1, 2011 with the Air Max insoles,
2012 with the Air Max insoles.

I'm 5'9 at ~170 pounds (already slightly heavier than the average for my height) and play mostly position 3 and I prefer shoes with stiffer and thinner soles over soft and thick soles
as I need any "inch" of quickness for my game. Worst were in playing in the AIR MAX CW1 and AIR PIPPEN 1.
They were very comfortable back then but too clunky and slowed me down. Even Scottie Pippen and Toni Kukoc wore
some PE's in the NBA finals which did not have the visible AIR MAX but I assume they just had standard encapsulated Air units.

BOTTOM LINE:
- the replacement of the heel Air Unit by using LUNARLON is NOT a cost saving factor
- AIR unit does not mean automatically best cushioning. Or do you think SHOX and LUNARLON and all other non-NIKE branded
athletic shoes are inferior because they don't have AIR? Get over it!
- LUNARLON for a player like Westbrook at 6'3 with 200 pounds or Kobe at 6'6 with 212 pounds should be fine
- For Lebron who is 6'8 and was over 260 pounds before he did the carbed diet I think the XX9 might not offer him
sufficient cushioning ==> body height/weight ratio matters not just the weight itself
Wow, Nike got you good bro.
roll.gif
It's quite amusing the lengths you'll go to in order to  feel good about your purchase of the XX9s. In your previous post you claimed that the 200 lbs dude that bought the XX9s  experienced knee pain because he was overweight and not because Nike cut corners by leaving out the heel zoom.

If lunarlon is so great as you claim, why did it take them this long to realize that zoom was the wrong direction? Lunarlon (think it's phylon in this shoe anyway) has been available for years but just now they realized it was a better performer than zoom?

Not one person defending the XX9 has been able to answer why it took them this long to get rid of heel zoom.

I suppose the use of TPU instead of carbon fiber is also to enhance performance? The fact that it costs a fraction of carbon fiber is just a coincidence.

Wow, Nike got you good bro.:rofl: It's quite amusing the lengths you'll go to in order to  feel good about your purchase of the XX9s. In your previous post you claimed that the 200 lbs dude that bought the XX9s  experienced knee pain because he was overweight and not because Nike cut corners by leaving out the heel zoom.
If lunarlon is so great as you claim, why did it take them this long to realize that zoom was the wrong direction? Lunarlon (think it's phylon in this shoe anyway) has been available for years but just now they realized it was a better performer than zoom?
Not one person defending the XX9 has been able to answer why it took them this long to get rid of heel zoom.
I suppose the use of TPU instead of carbon fiber is also to enhance performance? The fact that it costs a fraction of carbon fiber is just a coincidence.

I think some people misunderstood my previous post.
I did not say that the weight itself is the issue for a player feeling sored legs or even pain but depending also how tall the player is.
A player who is 6'6 in height and 200 pounds in height is rather skinny for nowadays standard of a pro basketball player.
I remember MJ was below 200 pounds in the 1980's.
If someone is only 5'5 and has a weight of 200 pounds you can imagine that it is much more weight for a much smaller body to carry it.

I did not say that LUNARLON is better than ZOOM Air. I only said that AIR unit cushion does not guarantee you the best cushion or
would avoid soreness or pain.
I said I prefer low profile stiff cushion which are ZOOM Air, SHOX and LUNARLON while Air MAX I don't like them in the forefoot at all
and if at heel, only air units with smaller air volume like on the Air Force Max.

Carbon Fiber is not a must have feature for a basketball shoe either.
Air Flightposite, SHox BB4, AJ XX, 2010, LBJ XI etc. are good basketball shoes and they don't use carbon fiber either.

Where Nike/JB really saves costs are retro models with cheap artificial leather.
The AJ 3 retros since 2011 are less comfortable than older retros and OGs and have the re-designed toe shape.

I think the presence/absence of something just causes people to have prejudice over a product.
It's a placebo effect.

Anyway, I prefer the XX9 over the XX8 because the XX8's durability is a bad joke with the soles being designed too thin
and the toe area being too soft.

Wow, Nike got you good bro.:rofl: It's quite amusing the lengths you'll go to in order to  feel good about your purchase of the XX9s. In your previous post you claimed that the 200 lbs dude that bought the XX9s  experienced knee pain because he was overweight and not because Nike cut corners by leaving out the heel zoom.

Only a novice would think cheap 2mm cf is expensive to produce in china and aluminum molds for the TPU frame that also needs hand inspection and have artist clean up the mold would cost any less. The CF in fact was not a cost factor when JB decide to release the xx8 SE.,The shroud was where even Tinker himself said the shroud was expensive to source to find the right material in xx8 interviews, so we know its not even about the CF. you also do know the CF on the xx8 at the mid foot is NOT the actual flight plate, right? But on the xx9 it is one piece. There is also a TPU cup in the heel of the xx8 where the CF is on the outside.

Zoom WAS created to be a cushion system that has lower profile than the air max and provide a more responsive ride. Lunarlon and phylon was developed for the same thing in mind. Lunarlon has proved it provides good cushioning when thick enough and used for the heels.

The way the heel was designed for the xx9 eliminated the wait for the zoom to bounce back and react like the xx8 and still absorbs plenty of impact which allowed for smoother transition. Keep in mind that everything that is the xx9 came from their athletes and consumers feedback buying and wearing the xx8 to play on the court. Not some hypebeast that only buys retro and wear them casually.

And just FYI, knee pain has to do with how you run when you play ball as well. My knee gets sore only when there's lack of traction which cause me to run and cut differently and put more stress on the joint. If you are not used to a type of shoes you can run with different posture which can put more stress on ur joint.

Last edited:
Only a novice would think cheap 2mm cf is expensive to produce in china and aluminum molds for the TPU frame that also needs hand inspection and have artist clean up the mold would cost any less.

You think producing a TPU costs the same as CF because an "artist" (cheap Chinese laborer) has to inspect it? And you think I'm the novice? Lol, ok bro.

I'm sure Nike's factories in China are full of "artists" that inspect and clean up TPU frames.

You can't be serious with that statement. You must be a troll that works for Nike.

If you're happy paying $225 for shoes with no CF and foam cushioning, that's great. I'm sure Nike is too and will use the same rationale they used to convince you that foam cushioning in the heel is fine when they remove zoom from the forefoot too.

Foam bottoms out quicker over time, usually within months. The cost cutting isn't just limited to Jordan retros. The kobe ix had foam that bottomed out. These are not $80 shoes we're talking about. If I'm charged a premium price I expect a premium product.

That ain't no lunarlon on the heel. They would be stupid if it was since lunarlon bottoms out fast. You would have an extremely uneven shoe as a result.

IMO, how well a cushioning setup works for someone is based on height to weight ratio, size of foot (bigger feet disperse the weight over more surface area), the persons gait (how they run and move - are they more of heel striker or are they on their toes more), and the style of play (guards and wings who run, jump, and cut vs big men who run less and pound in the paint). Maybe we could get a podiatrist to weigh in this one.

The price and/or lack of heel zoom appear to be the deal breakers for most who have problems with the XX9. I expect to see comments about the price and heel cushioning for months. It is what it is.

The XX9s are very good shoes and definitely excellent performers for some players. Just because they work for you or don't work for me doesn't necessarily translate to the next person. Luckily there are lots of good and great performance shoes to choose from these days so hopefully everyone can find a shoe that meets their specific needs...

IMO, how well a cushioning setup works for someone is based on height to weight ratio, size of foot (bigger feet disperse the weight over more surface area), the persons gait (how they run and move - are they more of heel striker or are they on their toes more), and the style of play (guards and wings who run, jump, and cut vs big men who run less and pound in the paint). Maybe we could get a podiatrist to weigh in this one.

The price and/or lack of heel zoom appear to be the deal breakers for most who have problems with the XX9. I expect to see comments about the price and heel cushioning for months. It is what it is.

The XX9s are very good shoes and definitely excellent performers for some players. Just because they work for you or don't work for me doesn't necessarily translate to the next person. Luckily there are lots of good and great performance shoes to choose from these days so hopefully everyone can find a shoe that meets their specific needs...

this.
Xx9 is a great shoe for players who play position 1, 2 and 3 depending on their game and height/weight ratio.
heavier players tending to position 4 and 5 might prefer shoes like the lebron 9 and 10, aj 19 or 2012 with the "explosive" insoles.

You think producing a TPU costs the same as CF because an "artist" (cheap Chinese laborer) has to inspect it? And you think I'm the novice? Lol, ok bro.
I'm sure Nike's factories in China are full of "artists" that inspect and clean up TPU frames.

You can't be serious with that statement. You must be a troll that works for Nike.

If you're happy paying $225 for shoes with no CF and foam cushioning, that's great. I'm sure Nike is too and will use the same rationale they used to convince you that foam cushioning in the heel is fine when they remove zoom from the forefoot too.

Foam bottoms out quicker over time, usually within months. The cost cutting isn't just limited to Jordan retros. The kobe ix had foam that bottomed out. These are not $80 shoes we're talking about. If I'm charged a premium price I expect a premium product.

You sure are dense. I'm willing to bet you have never done international traveling and visited china factories. For a single mold they can cause 2-3k each and the five pieces of TPU thats in the shoes it adds up as well putting tons of them on a production line. They clean up the Aluminum or steel MOLD...not the TPU frame. It just shows how little you know.

Your simpleton argument of having CF and zoom = more expensive to produce is simply not true.

My Kobe 9 elite Perspective hasn't bottomed out yet since I been playing in them. I had a fear of playing in them, but the reality is they don't make my knee sore or legs sore anymore than my Js or LeBrons or hell...my TMac5s

Last edited:
^Don't know what all that fighting's about, all I know is this is gonna be me on Saturday

Last edited:
So no word on why the Riverwalk has the vertical zoom pods as opposed to the redesigned horizontal ones of the Team Orange/Gym Red/etc? 

My guy said a jordan rep said it will be the big jumpman logo 29. Not sure if its the same Westbrook has on but it will be the big jumpman

Back
Top Bottom