Official Air Jordan XX9 post! 1st two released 9/6/14! NO BUYING/SELLING/TRADING!

Really liking the Kawhi pair.

What's funny to me, not going to date myself here but watching Jordan play and previous models, I couldn't see him wearing the 28. I think the 29 looks like it belongs in the line...I'm already a big fan. Definitely going to grab either of those white/carolina pairs.

if the riverwalks can sit like the team reds are i might cop a pair got too much coming to my plate as of right now though shoe wise. 

You sure are dense. I'm willing to bet you have never done international traveling and visited china factories. For a single mold they can cause 2-3k each and the five pieces of TPU thats in the shoes it adds up as well putting tons of them on a production line. They clean up the Aluminum or steel MOLD...not the TPU frame. It just shows how little you know.

Your simpleton argument of having CF and zoom = more expensive to produce is simply not true.

My Kobe 9 elite Perspective hasn't bottomed out yet since I been playing in them. I had a fear of playing in them, but the reality is they don't make my knee sore or legs sore anymore than my Js or LeBrons or hell...my TMac5s
Not as dense as you are for arguing that because the mold costs 2k mass producing the TPU frame automatically becomes more expensive. Sure, if they made 2 or 3 pairs that would have had an impact on price but when they produce hundreds of thousands of pairs it's negligible.

Unless each Chinese laborer has to spend more time constructing a shoe with TPU than he does one with CF, using TPU will not cost as much as CF. It's not that difficult to grasp. Producing a product with cheaper materials will cost less unless labor time is increased

If that's your argument, enjoy wearing your plastic shoes with foam cushioning.

Plenty of people in the kobe ix thread have had theirs bottom out after weeks. Just because you haven't had yours bottom out doesn't mean they don't

I still don't believe you're not a Nike employee the way you are so fervently defending the XX9 and your "expertise" from visiting Chinese production factories.

I suppose the hyperdunk with its plastic upper costs just as much as it would if they used quality leather. It's purely a weight saving measure right?

Not as dense as you are for arguing that because the mold costs 2k mass producing the TPU frame automatically becomes more expensive. Sure, if they made 2 or 3 pairs that would have had an impact on price but when they produce hundreds of thousands of pairs it's negligible.
Unless each Chinese laborer has to spend more time constructing a shoe with TPU than he does one with CF, using TPU will not cost as much as CF. It's not that difficult to grasp. Producing a product with cheaper materials will cost less unless labor time is increased

Plenty of people in the kobe ix thread have had theirs bottom out after weeks. Just because you haven't had yours bottom out doesn't mean they don't

I still don't believe you're not a Nike employee the way you are so fervently defending the XX9 and your "expertise" from visiting Chinese production factories.
I suppose the hyperdunk with its plastic upper costs just as much as it would if they used quality leather. It's purely a weight saving measure right?

Hmmm, is it just me or are nowadays Nike high-end basketball shoes forced to try out new materials instead of testing them thoroughly before they
launch them for sale?

First the XX8 with the ZOOM bag popping, Kobe 9 bottoming out too fast, XX9 not suitable for heavy guys, Lebron XII with lace loop issue.....

Instead the less expensive shoes like the Zoom Soldiers, Lebron 11 seem to be less troublesome.

Hmmm, is it just me or are nowadays Nike high-end basketball shoes forced to try out new materials instead of testing them thoroughly before they
launch them for sale?

First the XX8 with the ZOOM bag popping, Kobe 9 bottoming out too fast, XX9 not suitable for heavy guys, Lebron XII with lace loop issue.....

Instead the less expensive shoes like the Zoom Soldiers, Lebron 11 seem to be less troublesome.
if thats the only issue its so miniscule 

They are Jordans, designed initially for the basketball player known as Air Jordan.
So yes the shoes are better for guys that play the 1,2, or 3.
That player has changed dramatically over the past 29 years.
The challenge Nike has now is making a shoe with the same style and look Jordan likes, but with specifications for players that are bigger, faster, quicker, and more explosive than Jordan was when he played.

So no word on why the Riverwalk has the vertical zoom pods as opposed to the redesigned horizontal ones of the Team Orange/Gym Red/etc? 
nice catch !

you are the first i have seen here mention that

repped for doin your work !

So did the 1st pair sell out everywhere online and in stores? Haven't been able to find them anywhere

nice catch !

you are the first i have seen here mention that

repped for doin your work !
I saw someone talk about this early one when the first few promo shots came out. 
So did the 1st pair sell out everywhere online and in stores? Haven't been able to find them anywhere
Do you mean the Team Orange? I saw a bunch of them at my local HoH today. 

Last edited:

So no word on why the Riverwalk has the vertical zoom pods as opposed to the redesigned horizontal ones of the Team Orange/Gym Red/etc? 
Noticed this in pictures from a preview event about a month ago.  I really think they are just oriented that way since it's its a sample pair.  I really doubt JB would release xx9s with different zoom orientations.  I guess who knows though...

Last edited:

Noticed this in pictures from a preview event about a month ago.  I really think they are just oriented that way since it's its a sample pair.  I really doubt JB would realize xx9s with different zoom orientations.  I guess who knows though...
Today I was scanning through instagram looking at all the #xx9 tags. Saw a shot of the RW with the correct horizontal zoom pods. Also saw another one with the 23 on both tongues. It's obvious there were many different samples throughout the process until release day. 

Lol I'm done arguing with you. Since you still do not get how production line works. Or how the production with CF works.

You can keep preaching the no CF and no heel zoom = cost cutting like a person with lack of knowledge. Have fun with that.

I know this argument has been going on for 2days and 3pgs the 2 of you need to agree to disagree bcuz it's becoming annoying just

Back
Top Bottom