Official Air Jordan XX9 post! 1st two released 9/6/14! NO BUYING/SELLING/TRADING!

The newest colorway of the Air Jordan XX9 takes inspiration from a colorful jersey of the ‘90s, with Fusion Pink and Tropical Teal taking center stage. A larger than life Jumpman logo adorns the lateral side, highlighting the subtle print on the upper. Available October 25 on Nike.com (8am EDT/5am EDT).

http://www.nike.com/us/en_us/launch/c/2014-10/air-jordan-xx9-fusion-pink

not to be forgotten but the pair that Leanord wore for media day.....

The newest color of the Air Jordan XX9 features a simple black and white scheme, with the performance woven upper featuring different patterns including the infamous elephant print. A black Jumpman logo on the heel stand out against the white Jumpman on the tongue and "JORDAN" and "23" on the heel. Available October 25 on nike.com (8am EDT/5am PDT).

http://www.nike.com/us/en_us/launch/c/2014-10/air-jordan-xx9

Last edited:
White/Elephant print pair is not bad.  Would have to see them on my own feet to make the final decision

I was hoping the wht/elephant prints dropped in Euro land same time as the RWs, but I think im down for getting them whenever they do drop there.

Those rws I can't stop lookin at the pics r these suppose to be limited or hard to get or just a regular release

So far this year the xx9 is my fav
That soft upper and the fit of the shoe is so good
Tts is perfect fit for me wit regular 1/2 cushioned socks
Only other pair that fits me as well as the xx9 = kobe ix elite low Beethoven, they fit me pretty damn near perfect 2
I like both my elephant print black/red and white/black but I do like the black pair just a lil bit more lol
Hopin they be releasin westbrooks white/blue pair but they probably PE and I don't like the xx9 in the Pantone pack as much cos of the silver/grey midsole. Russell's pair look heaps better wit the white midsole
Unfortunately, I haven't had the chance to play in my xx9s yet cos I'm restricted to playin outdoor while I'm in HK and these won't last outside.
Unless the lebron xii outperform the xx9 they r gonna be my shoe of the year
-my fav shoe for last year = xx8 se Christmas

Very anxious to see more colorways/weave patterns...

I like the blackout pair that is supposed to drop this winter, but there have got to be some good designs/color schemes comin for 2015 (you would think, but who knows).

I want to buy a pair of XX9s but the shoe has been underwhelming to me at this point. Unfortunately, nothing on the horizon looks promising either. They need to do more than the elephant print or big jumpman IMO.

Last edited:
I want to buy a pair of XX9s but the shoe has been underwhelming to me at this point. Unfortunately, nothing on the horizon looks promising either. They need to do more than the elephant print or big jumpman IMO.

Although I do like the big jumpman and b/w elephant print, with all the talk about how the designs are a part of the woven upper itself and how versatile it is, I am disappointed that there has only been two designs so far.

Just saw that the official name of the Riverwalks is "Fusion Pink"...

^Kinda cringe but hopefully that name deters some insecure folks, aka more for us
nthat.gif

There still river walks to me dammit....
http://blog.finishline.com/2014/10/18/1996-air-jordan-xx9-riverwalk/ this ones a long one so get ready
laugh.gif

[h1]1996 Inspires a New Air Jordan XX9[/h1]
START : The Old Feature Gallery END : The Old Feature Gallery
In recent years, the NBA All Star Game and surrounding festivities are undoubtedly the biggest weekend of the year for sneaker enthusiasts. It wasn’t always that way, however.

Sure, if you’re a fan of sneakers, you probably have watched the Slam Dunk Contest for as long as you can remember. But depending on how old you are, you either watched it back in the day, or relived the 1996 All Star Game through throwback basketball jerseys (Did someone say greatest All Star jerseys of all time?), YouTube binges, or the powers that be on the internet. Regardless of how you found out about Michael Jordan dropping 20 in the Columbia 11s to get himself an All Star Game MVP, 1996 in San Antonio changed how people planned their All Star Weekend schedule.

Fast forward 18 years, and Jordan Brand is now on the 29th version of the signature Air Jordan model. The Jordan XX9, like a majority of its lineage, is a design that pushes technology of basketball sneakers towards the next level. The focal point of the Air Jordan XX9’s design might usually be the re-engineered Flight Plate, its performance woven upper, or the fact that it’s the lightest Air Jordan ever, but when it comes to this “Riverwalk” edition, it’s the colorway that steals the limelight.

Inspired by San Antonio’s Riverwalk, the Fusion Pink and Tropical Teal hues blend together throughout the upper like an oasis. Albeit, an oasis that stirs up memories of The Goat in the River City with a modern twist.

You can grab the Air Jordan XX9 Riverwalk at 8am EST on October 25th on FinishLine.com.

Last edited:
I'm officially done with the XX9 as an on court sneaker. For the second time, I swapped them on after playing most of the night in XX8's and now my knee is hurting. This doesn't happen when I just wear the XX8's. Maybe the sudden change in cushioning? Either way, I don't like the less bouncy feeling. I stocked up in XX8 SE's to last me through the season. 

I'm officially done with the XX9 as an on court sneaker. For the second time, I swapped them on after playing most of the night in XX8's and now my knee is hurting. This doesn't happen when I just wear the XX8's. Maybe the sudden change in cushioning? Either way, I don't like the less bouncy feeling. I stocked up in XX8 SE's to last me through the season. 

Imagine running a marathon and halfway through it changing your shoes. How can you expect that not to have an impact on your knees? Finish what you start with be it xx8 or xx9 otherwise your knees will have to readjust after already adapting which could definitely lead to pain or inflammation. just a thought, I don't care if you do or don't wear them.

Although I do like the big jumpman and b/w elephant print, with all the talk about how the designs are a part of the woven upper itself and how versatile it is, I am disappointed that there has only been two designs so far.

Exactly.

Imagine running a marathon and halfway through it changing your shoes. How can you expect that not to have an impact on your knees? Finish what you start with be it xx8 or xx9 otherwise your knees will have to readjust after already adapting which could definitely lead to pain or inflammation. just a thought, I don't care if you do or don't wear them.

Hm. Are you speaking from facts or pure conjecture?

Coming from someone thats had about every kind of chronic knee pain (acute too)...it was rarely the "bouncy-ness" of the shoes

Last edited:
I have to agree on this, not that I'm a Dr. or anything but from someone who plays a lot of sports, that is a pretty common sense thing to not switch shoes half way through balling, running, jumping (unless the original pair was causing pain). Not sure why you would even do that to begin with but I could see how switching could potentially make it worse. 

Back
Top Bottom