Official Air Jordan XX9 post! 1st two released 9/6/14! NO BUYING/SELLING/TRADING!

The same thing happened to my Gym Red's after 2 indoor hoop sessions, in the exact same place, I figured it was a defect and sent them back to footlocker for a refund. Then it happened again to my Team Orange's and a third time to my second Gym Red's (copped on NDC disco), luckily those two were purchased through Nike, so I'm expecting full support for a warranty claim.

I'm speculating that there's a reason they went to a solid rubber outsole on the lows, that translucent material is too susceptible when its that thin, especially right there at the outrigger.

Definitely considering the lows but anxious to see the 30's!

Very interesting!!!

Here's "the damage." Like I mentioned, not egregious by any means, but it's enough to keep me from playing in them for sure. I personally don't believe it is the result of poor quality, but probably more so a freak incident. Honestly, I thought I had popped forefoot from the way it was feeling so I was surprised to see this after the game. I finished out the night, but it def was annoying on cuts. Felt like it was about to give way.

Dah well. Bummed but not the end of the world. Just time to pick a new pair to hoop in!
I bought the xx8 SE's and wore them hoopin for about 7 games total before one of the air pockets popped...contacted nike and they gave me a full voucher. I'm almost positive you'd get a voucher for this. 

Last time I spoke with Nike about this topic, they said  you need to have a receipt from a legit retailer.  Has that been people's experience, or they just provide a voucher for their MSRP with no receipt required?

Last time I spoke with Nike about this topic, they said  you need to have a receipt from a legit retailer.  Has that been people's experience, or they just provide a voucher for their MSRP with no receipt required?

I have never once sent a pair in with a receipt and they have all been approved. I have sent in 3 28's and a pair of melos.

I've never had to send in a receipt either. I filled out the form, mailed back my sneakers, they examine them, they mail me a voucher. Very easy and painless. Some people chat with customer service instead of filling out the form, so you have options on how to start the process. If they deny your warranty claim, you have the option of having your shoe sent back to you or recycled. 

https://help-us.nikeinc.com/app/claims/footwear-claim/

Received my UNC lows today. These look great and feel great. Hope they don't sell out as I am going to double up if they go below retail.

just got the wolf gray lows in the mail today. i think they fit and feel better than the mids. i love both though. the colorway really looks better in person than on pictures. i was hoping they would. the mid sole looked too light in pictures but it is dark enough to match the gray on the uppers in person.

Thanks for the heads up. Returning my NDC pair and ordered from eastbay with a discount. Still waiting on the infrared low discount.

i recently read an article about the stance NBA socks, doesn't look like they will be going away anytime soon. they are not related to adidas or the nike contract. im not a fan of them either.

actually haven't hooped in them, just not a fan of their designs. will have to try them at some point.
Seem to stay more "new" and less dingy/stringy for longer than Elites and better comfort.

My only beef with them is when watching NBA on TV and trying to scope out player's footgame, the designs on the ankle bone, etc often look to be a part of the shoe from distance on the television, making the sneakers hard to identify haha. (<------ Things a "normal person" would never say but any "NT-er" would understand haha)

Kawhi low colorway is exactly what I want

I guess I can dream that they'd release... 
laugh.gif

I've been wearing my XX9s exclusively to ball a couple time a week for the past few months and have found that they flyweave material has stretched significantly. I can now feel my foot sliding around even after relacing and retightening. I switched to a DS pair and fell in love all over again with the fit when new....sucks that it won't last though. 

I've been wearing my XX9s exclusively to ball a couple time a week for the past few months and have found that they flyweave material has stretched significantly. I can now feel my foot sliding around even after relacing and retightening. I switched to a DS pair and fell in love all over again with the fit when new....sucks that it won't last though. 
This is what has me torn w/ woven/knit uppers.  Though leather/synthetic leather and fuse shoes will loosen up over time, these wovens and knits do so more significantly.  Played a full men's league season almost exclusively in the j.crossover II and it was the same case.  Though the comfort was amazing, my foot just wasn't contained enough -- could feel my foot slide over the footbed on hard stops (Not as bad in the XX9 imo).  Overall, it is tough considering how expensive some of these pairs can be

Last edited:

do you wear 2 pairs of socks when you ball? i broke in a pair pretty well and haven't had that happen...yet

i recently read an article about the stance NBA socks, doesn't look like they will be going away anytime soon. they are not related to adidas or the nike contract. im not a fan of them either.

Better than Nike Elites to play in imo.

Stance Socks are crazy expensive though. Do they ever go on sale? The quarter socks are kind of difficult to find too.

Just got a bunch of Nike Elite Socks from Macy with buy one get one half off so that'll have to do for now.

Seem to stay more "new" and less dingy/stringy for longer than Elites and better comfort.

My only beef with them is when watching NBA on TV and trying to scope out player's footgame, the designs on the ankle bone, etc often look to be a part of the shoe from distance on the television, making the sneakers hard to identify haha. (

Back
Top Bottom