Official Air Max 97 Thread

I personally really like the Seouls. Definitely rocking these.

IMG_20190417_163958.jpg
IMG_20190417_164117.jpg
IMG_20190417_164240.jpg
IMG_20190417_164350.jpg

Since the On-Airs were releasing alongside Mamba Day stuff, I put my best friend on SNKRS duty. I've never had another person try to get sneakers for me. Taught him how to do it, blah blah blah.

So he tried for NYCs and Shanghais, got the NYCs but said the Shanghais just "kept spinning." I told him to cancel the NYCs, as I got them myself from FNL. He said "I still have another charge on here for $213.40" I told him I had the same thing, and that it would drop off within the day.

Today I get a text from him and he says "your shoes are here."

"What shoes?"

"I don't know, but my wife says they look like giant baby-blue loofahs."

full

Since the On-Airs were releasing alongside Mamba Day stuff, I put my best friend on SNKRS duty. I've never had another person try to get sneakers for me. Taught him how to do it, blah blah blah.

So he tried for NYCs and Shanghais, got the NYCs but said the Shanghais just "kept spinning." I told him to cancel the NYCs, as I got them myself from FNL. He said "I still have another charge on here for $213.40" I told him I had the same thing, and that it would drop off within the day.

Today I get a text from him and he says "your shoes are here."

"What shoes?"

"I don't know, but my wife says they look like giant baby-blue loofahs."

full

Giant baby blue loofahs.... amazing story!

Giant baby blue loofahs.... amazing story!

He wears a 9 or 10, and his wife is tiny. So she was probably wondering who ordered the clown shoes (I'm a 14) :lol:

I asked what I owed him (besides retail+shipping to me in NYS+Colorado tax) and he said "best friend tax," which is code for "nothing" since we've known each other for over 20 years. I paypal'd him enough on top to buy himself a bottle of his favorite whiskey. Once I get the shoes, I'm sending his wife a GC for one of their favorite restaurants out there.

Got the Seouls in today, and must say I'm really impressed. Some of you may not be feeling the toothpaste aesthetic, but I like the contrasting upper with the dark mudguard/midsole. Pretty versatile shoe. I also got the London's last week with the exclusive access. I can't wait to see how much they pop on a sunny day.

Back
Top Bottom