Official Air Max 97 Thread

laugh.gif
Sizing talk is mad confusing.. I understand but I can see dudes scratching their heads lol. Not sure about the golds yet but as for SBs you need to size up a half size bc they ran really small. Gold responses for those that have them have varied.
from experience 97s u need to size up .5. flyknit racer 10.5 = AM97 11

Originally I purchased my true size (8.5) in SB's but after wearing them a week straight (my foot kept hitting the front of the shoe) I ended up selling them and re-bought them in a sz 9.

I had no choice and unfortunately ended up with a size 8.5 in the golds but when I tried them on I noticed right away that my toes have wiggle room. The gold pair (sz 8.5) definitely looks slightly narrower and smaller then my SBs (sz. 9) but kinda felt the same when worn (having the same model in 2 different sizes bugs the sheez out me btw)

Hard to tell in pictures but the collar of my silvers are slightly more padded which probably is why my foot was hitting the front of the shoe on my original 8.5 silvers.

View media item 2439471View media item 2439472

Well. I can also attest to the fact that going up .5 in the golds wasn't necessary. While my foot doesn't feel like it will slide out the back, it's just mainly I have more wiggle room in the toe than in the silvers that I went up on. I doubt a swap around LA would be easy, so I guess it's better to have some room in the front than to be snug. Inconsistent sizing can be so frustrating when they make the releases so hard to get in store to try them on.

Anyone else notice the white midsole is brighter on the gold pair than the silver?

Last edited:
View media item 2438920
Thank you Blends Santa Ana [emoji]128591[/emoji][emoji]127997[/emoji][emoji]128591[/emoji][emoji]127997[/emoji][emoji]128591[/emoji][emoji]127997[/emoji][emoji]128526[/emoji]

Would've tried all the Blends in SoCal but on a working Thursday not happening, any sense of availability?

OBD shipment just cleared customs. Come to daddy :pimp:

I paid damn near $30 for 1-2 day shipping and mine will arrive Monday, Cali.

And now y'all saying these fit a little better but yesterday everyone was telling me to take the insole out since I had to cop .5 size down lol

I got my gold am 97 in today, the shoe is nice but the gold is a little bland, doesn't quite have the same pop as the silver bullets had

So they're both .5 smaller than TTS? 
You're always going to get conflicting opinions. I feel like a 9.75 in most shoes, but I went TTS 9.5 in both SBs and Golds, but I also don't have wide feet. I can't remember when they dropped in the early oughts, like '02ish and I had to go .5 up. Long story short, if you have have wide feet, more than likely you need to .5 up. If your foot is normal or narrow, strong possibility you're TTS. I tried on both my TTS and .5 up in the SBs and other than the little bit of heel slippage in the 10, they felt fine. If you're worried, you can go .5 up and probably not even know the difference. I just went TTS because A.) they weren't tight width wise and B.) my TTS just didn't slip off my heel. But again, if I had to roll out of there with a 10, probably wouldn't have bothered me either.

The gold joints definitely size a bit bigger than the silver bullets...
Do you normally wear a 13? My TTS is a 12 but my feet still hit the edge on my 12.5 SBs which is hella weird.
Pure speculation on my part, but there have a few releases where the small, average, and big footers had varying opinions on sizing.  Most recently I feel like that was an issue with some Yeezy 350s, but it also could be selective memory on my part. 

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom