OFFICIAL: Air Trainer 1 Mid Premium aka "Chlorophylls"... paging Wallyhop....

Still hope they can retro an actual OG version within a few years. I hope them doing this SB version doesn’t mean we have to wait another 10 years to get an OG retro.
usually means the exact opposite.

will probably get an og version next year

was gonna pass, but came across my size for 150 shipped. not sure if i should wait it out especially if the og drops next year or just cop now

1602125255563.png

usually means the exact opposite.

will probably get an og version next year
This company is not only unpredictable but non-sense making. I've seen them do both without pattern, rhyme, or reason. We saw Penny II's come back yet never saw the two OG color ways from 09. That's just one random example.
If they drop an OG retro, I’ll happily buy several pairs of those as well and just add them to the personal stockpile. I’ve been through so many pairs and variations, too: Zoom Tennis Trainer (amazing shoe no one ever talks about), the second release of the same, the Trainer 1 lows inspired by these (bought and busted like five pairs for $39 each at an outlet 8 or 9 years ago). I can never have too many pairs of these and those newer shoes inspired by them.
zoomtrainer.jpg
trainer1.jpg

Last edited:
I talk about these whenever I get the chance! Bought 2 pairs back in the day and actually played tennis in them... and both served me very well. I miss them. 😞😞
Maaaaaannnnnn ... I remember like it was yesterday stumbling across that shoe online, either here on NT or just seeing it randomly somewhere. I immediately started looking for it, and could only find an eBay listing from Japan. Bought immediately and rocked them all the time. Then got the re-release awhile later at first chance. I didn't like the little changes as much, but still sick. I'd buy three pairs of them again if they ever came back.

For me, I never got the OG, but I remember seeing this pic of the catalog on SneakerNews years later... and was immediately surprised and excited.
Didn't expect Nike to retro those AND make them into a tennis-specific sneaker, which is just perfect for me.
As soon as they popped up Midwest, I ordered 2 pairs! June 26, 2008! I still have the email! 😅
Air Zoom Trainer 1 Tennis - 01.jpg

For me, I never got the OG, but I remember seeing this pic of the catalog on SneakerNews years later... and was immediately surprised and excited.
Didn't expect Nike to retro those AND make them into a tennis-specific sneaker, which is just perfect for me.
As soon as they popped up Midwest, I ordered 2 pairs! June 26, 2008! I still have the email! 😅
Yeah, when they came back I was shocked, too. The OG's dark smoked outsole was the main thing I missed.

^ I actually didn't mind that as I was never a fan of any translucent outsole. Gimme more durable rubber anyday.

I still have one pair of the retros sitting in my closet. Unfortunately the most uncomfortable pair of sneakers I own.

^ I actually didn't mind that as I was never a fan of any translucent outsole. Gimme more durable rubber anyday.
I can see that for playing tennis in them. I just liked it more purely in terms of looks. It was so dark, it didn't ever turn a nasty color, either.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom