OFFICIAL: Air Trainer 1 Mid Premium aka "Chlorophylls"... paging Wallyhop....

Materials look good there especially in comparison to most lifestyle garbage Nike pushes now. How they feel though?

Not very good, Nike plastics but let's see how they age and feel on feet. Won't do a detailed review but I'm terms of material quality SBs still the winner and glad I doubled up.
New toebox have a different shape, appealing og perforations, don't like the chloro color, tongue is of plastics but will be easier to clean, inner ankle liner feels gross. My 87ogs gone in heaven long time ago for comparison.
There are good points on this 2022 model but I'm still a bit deceived on this one, Nike could have treated better. Anyway I will always be picky on this model/cw so just enjoy yours!

IMG_20220324_122722.jpg

I just received my pair I ordered on Fenom (France)

True deception. I'm so disappointed about quality control. Glue, creases... it's a shame.

I like the green and OG perforations on toe box. That's it.

2020's SB were way better concerning quality.

Here are some comparison shots

Attachments

• IMG-3612.JPG
    IMG-3612.JPG
    225.1 KB · Views: 36
  • IMG-3613.JPG
    IMG-3613.JPG
    250.3 KB · Views: 31
  • IMG-3614.JPG
    IMG-3614.JPG
    195.6 KB · Views: 32
  • IMG-3616.JPG
    IMG-3616.JPG
    204.2 KB · Views: 37
  • IMG-3617.JPG
    IMG-3617.JPG
    219.4 KB · Views: 41
  • IMG-3618.JPG
    IMG-3618.JPG
    234.9 KB · Views: 37
  • IMG-3619.JPG
    IMG-3619.JPG
    242.8 KB · Views: 38
  • IMG-3620.JPG
    IMG-3620.JPG
    300.2 KB · Views: 40
Not very good, Nike plastics but let's see how they age and feel on feet. Won't do a detailed review but I'm terms of material quality SBs still the winner and glad I doubled up.
New toebox have a different shape, appealing og perforations, don't like the chloro color, tongue is of plastics but will be easier to clean, inner ankle liner feels gross. My 87ogs gone in heaven long time ago for comparison.
There are good points on this 2022 model but I'm still a bit deceived on this one, Nike could have treated better. Anyway I will always be picky on this model/cw so just enjoy yours!

IMG_20220324_122722.jpg

a little disappointing to hear about the quality. looks good in this pic though.

Quality of materials - 2020
Aesthetics - 2021
Thinking the same 2022 toe box and shaping looks as close to OG as we ever got. The black leather panels look nice on the 2022. Is it suede or nubuck on the grey heel/toe? I am considering even more now, plus the greens are different so ill justify the buy. saying they are 2 different CWs lol

Last edited:
Honestly shouldn’t be comparing to the SB because the SB were purposely constructed completely different from the OG. Should really only be comparing them to the 2012 and 2008 in terms of materials used. If we do that I’m sure 2022 is the obvious winner. The green alone make them the best we’ve seen since the OG.

Thinking the same 2021 toe box and shaping looks as close to OG as we ever got. The black leather panels look nice on the 2021. Is it suede or nubuck on the grey heel/toe? I am considering even more now, plus the greens are different so ill justify the buy. saying they are 2 different CWs lol
Assuming you're referring to 2020 SB pair, that had suede and no nubuck on them.

But I agree with dhtowng that SB pair was constructed for skating that's why there's suede and insoles have zoom.

Honestly shouldn’t be comparing to the SB because the SB were purposely constructed completely different from the OG. Should really only be comparing them to the 2012 and 2008 in terms of materials used. If we do that I’m sure 2022 is the obvious winner. The green alone make them the best we’ve seen since the OG.
Good point. The SB is a performance shoe (obviously for skateboarding) while the regular retros are just “lifestyle” shoes. Since Nike started making their retros lifestyle shoes, we get a product that looks kind of similar to the originals. The Air Max 90/III recrafts were the exception.

I agree with this.

SBs are meant to be similar but different.

I like the '22 off the shade of green alone (in pics at least).

Assuming you're referring to 2020 SB pair, that had suede and no nubuck on them.

But I agree with dhtowng that SB pair was constructed for skating that's why there's suede and insoles have zoom.

Pretty sure they don't have zoom. someone correct me if i'm wrong.

I agree with this.

Two different pairs received of the 2022.

One had awful QC and I returned it immediately ( Glue everywhere, banana shape and dirty grey suede ) the other was just OK.

Fits TTS, like 2020 pair did.

IMO shape of the toebox has been improved, I do not need to leave loose the strap to feel comfortable. Black leather parts look average, but not bad. Surprisingly comfortable but I think that in general SB 2020 pair was better and materials and QC were much better.

Comparing with other model releases is OK but I was expecting something more.

Attachments

• WhatsApp Image 2022-03-24 at 15.43.56.jpeg
    WhatsApp Image 2022-03-24 at 15.43.56.jpeg
    304.1 KB · Views: 67
I agree with this.

No ZOOM and the insole is quite ****ty

Some more pics, not edited.

Tongue is OK, but the OG would have been great.

Attachments

• IMG_9499.jpg
    IMG_9499.jpg
    316.1 KB · Views: 75
  • IMG_9500.jpg
    IMG_9500.jpg
    351.8 KB · Views: 70
  • IMG_9501.jpg
    IMG_9501.jpg
    215.2 KB · Views: 65
  • IMG_9502.jpg
    IMG_9502.jpg
    348.4 KB · Views: 106
  • IMG_9503.jpg
    IMG_9503.jpg
    203.2 KB · Views: 232
Exactly.. and that ain’t “OG” my friend. That’s 2008 unless you’re high and were actually 13 in 2008 (not 1987). The Original 1987 pair has the tongue like the 2022 pair which is what we want here. Find another complaint because there’s nothing to see there. Sorry.
You are right, 30 years is a lot of time to remember properly. No complaining, I just try to help evrybody who did not get the par yet or doesn't know if ordering or not. I just try to be fair and helpful.

Back
Top Bottom