OFFICIAL: Air Trainer 1 Mid Premium aka "Chlorophylls"... paging Wallyhop....

TW.jpg
I never liked the midsole. Killed the smooth look.

Speaking of horrible QC, check out my first pair:

AT1.jpg

Hopefully you can tell from the pic, left NA is further down compared to the right. It almost looks squished smh. I mean look at the distance of the AIR to the black paint!

I have another perfect (or as perfect as can be) pair on ice, and I'm keeping these, but damn lol.
This is ridiculous man. Far worse than the warped pair I got.

If I can find another 12.5 that looks good I'll sell off my warped pair something. I'm trying to not let it bother me but I just can't look past it till I Un DS them... Don't even know when that'll be lol.

Well that's interesting. These are the TWs I had back in the day (the grey and white pair on the left). What's the backstory with these two apparently diff versions? View attachment 2990034
trainer-tw.jpeg
You're absolutely right. I knew these as the TW's back then as well. But you know how Nike names were back in the day. Lots of overlapping and confusion.
TW 02.jpg

TW 03.jpg

TW 04.jpg

TW 05.jpg

Have the ‘90 TWs ever been retrod?

These pics just show how much Nike has left in the vault that they don’t touch for whatever reason.
my guess is someone out there is doing a cost-benefit analysis and making a determination based on that.

I feel like the Nike on the strap of the Trainer 1s is way too far over, and Tinker fixed that on the later SC variants, which are more centered.

Thats the one!! On the left!

Yesssssssssss

(Was out at dinner last night).

Yeah i rocked the hell out of those.

Need a retro of those in a big way.

Sad part is that back in the day I wanted the SCs (what we now call the IIIs)....the Navy's, sooo badly, but Collegiate Sports didn't have my size. They said another store nearby did, but I didn't want to put my Mom out, so I got these TWs. The whole next school year I was pining for the SCs and never really appreciated my TWs. I also spent a lot of time trying to "wipe off" the yellow midsoles thinking I could get them white again, and ultimately I tried cutting a hole in the midsole to make my own visible air like the SCs. Stupid kid....SMH.....

That said, that was my first Nike Air shoe and I recall each step feeling so cushy; I was fascinated by the tech and felt I was wearing something so special. When I saw the AM1s with the huge air bag, my mind was blown! My Chlorophylls give me that same cushy feel, and b/c it's the same midsole, it reminds me a lot of the TWs.

Id been through so many shoes by the time those came around it was all about the cw and the strap.

Id had a few pairs of wicked adidas, BKs, Troops, Nikes, you name it.

But these were actual comfort, with a good strap, that cage/mesh behind the swoosh, Air, these were serious.

To this day i love white/grey.

When they got beat i grabbed a pen and blacked out the mudguard to breathe new life into them just to keep them going, they looked awesome….

That pen comment reminds me of something. If you’re of a certain age, you likely used Kiwi’s white shoe polish in attempts to revive your kicks lol.

Always wanted that Escape pair above. Highly doubt we’ll ever see those again, not w the level of materials the originals had. Which is fine b/c it would only satisfy me if they had those materials. Anything less would be a letdown.

Took @kham’s guide and painted the midsole for my Photons.

This is only one coat and shortly after I finished. Should be dry now.

I’m pleased with how they turned out and the process was very simple. Don’t think I’ll apply another coat b/c I want some of the yellow to peek through.

Attachments

• A3B42783-5BA2-4300-A74D-B69F71251634.jpeg
    A3B42783-5BA2-4300-A74D-B69F71251634.jpeg
    248.2 KB · Views: 84
Feels like Kith sorts through their shoes and keeps the good ones for themselves and ships out the bad ones…that’s my theory and I’m sticking to it:tongue:

I got a pair from Oneness and they were flawless and free shipping too. Still not liking that yellowed midsole, but they’ll be worn frequently.

Feels like Kith sorts through their shoes and keeps the good ones for themselves and ships out the bad ones…that’s my theory and I’m sticking to it:tongue:

I got a pair from Oneness and they were flawless and free shipping too. Still not liking that yellowed midsole, but they’ll be worn frequently.
We’ve seen enough janky pairs to tell me it’s just luck. I was fine keeping and wearing the ones I have, but since they popped again for retail and free NDC shipping, plus Rakuten 6 percent back, figured may as well try for a better pair. It takes almost zero effort to send them back, UPS is right down the street from me LOL

Back
Top Bottom