OFFICIAL: Air Trainer 1 Mid Premium aka "Chlorophylls"... paging Wallyhop....

Solelinks tweeted around 6:30am. Thought I would be SOL debating on these or the navy colorway before finally pulling the trigger.
I'm caught in between too. Ideally would love to own both but I think if I had to pick one I'd do navy since I have 2012 and 2020 SB still. I really need to see chlorophyll in hand though.

Edit: realizing I cleared all Sole Links notifications this morning and missed the one I turned the notifications on for..

denzel-washington-pissed.gif

Last edited:
Wellgosh pair showed up, packaged well...and unlike size they sent me the right size!

Solid release. Only complaint so far is the toe box leather. Feels very similar to what Nike used on the Cross Trainer Lows that released recently. The cheap, non air, trainers. I think it's the exact same toebox leather. The rest of the white leather feels better.
20220406_173758.jpg

The synthetic white pleather is definitely where the cost cutting went into effect. Like mentioned before from gotty, usually when brands negotiate with vendors/factories to produce a product they agree to a set price. The budget for these clearly went to the grey nubuck portions.

I really love this particular Nike silhouette, but wouldn’t pay over retail for them again because of the synthetic leather.

Last edited:
The synthetic white pleather is definitely where the cost cutting went into effect. Like mentioned before from gotty, usually when brands negotiate with vendors/factories to produce a product they agree to a set price. The budget for these clearly went to the grey nubuck portions.

I really love this particular Nike silhouette, but wouldn’t pay over retail for them again because of the synthetic leather.
Yep for me hopefully double up under retail and then if I need another pair I wouldn't mind paying a bit more for another pair of SBs

Because that particular retro was Black/Red.
The 2000s were also black.

I posted about a 1994 retro a few weeks back that seemed to be the first white black red color way. Not sure if they got the wrong into on the original. Sometimes they don’t always realize what a color is actually supposed to be or if it was intentional. I could say the same about the chlorophyll color.
Many thought and still feel the sc ii infrareds Are black and red based. But they have that hint of navy. The at3 also did this. This midnight navy is beyond relevant and significant. First at1 retro with the proper blocking EVER.

I’m with soleaddict33 soleaddict33 . I’m one and done unless these pop up for retail stateside. Absolute all time favorite model
And silhouette but they’re 10 years too late for when I actually wore sneakers at a higher level. The true og dudes from 2004 gotta be pushing 50-60 at this level. My 2012s are finally starting to break down with midsole glue issues and some weird synthetic grey material creasing/cracking. I’ll push the sbs and 2022s to their max over the next 4-5 years and call it. It’s sad but I don’t think I’ve ever naturally broken down a pair into the ground, mother time always caught up with the pairs. I want these beat by year end 2023 lol

Last edited:
The 2000s were also black.

I posted about a 1994 retro a few weeks back that seemed to be the first white black red color way. Not sure if they got the wrong into on the original. Sometimes they don’t always realize what a color is actually supposed to be or if it was intentional. I could say the same about the chlorophyll color.
Many thought and still feel the sc ii infrareds Are black and red based. But they have that hint of navy. The at3 also did this. This midnight navy is beyond relevant and significant. First at1 retro with the proper blocking EVER.

I’m with soleaddict33 soleaddict33 . I’m one and done unless these pop up for retail stateside. Absolute all time favorite model
And silhouette but they’re 10 years too late for when I actually wore sneakers at a higher level. The true og dudes from 2004 gotta be pushing 50-60 at this level. My 2012s are finally starting to break down with midsole glue issues and some weird synthetic grey material creasing/cracking. I’ll push the sbs and 2022s to their max over the next 4-5 years and call it. It’s sad but I don’t think I’ve ever naturally broken down a pair into the ground, mother time always caught up with the pairs. I want these beat by year end 2023 lol
Interesting how they went with the capped tongue versus the turn-and-stitch tongue edge on the Navy/Red. That was never a thing for the Navy/Red nor the 1994 & 2002 White/Black-Vars. Red. I wasn’t sure if the Navy/Red got a continuation in 1991 like the Chloros, or if they abstained until 1994, at which point it was Black instead of Navy. Another interesting observation is that the 1994 Chloro had painted PU whereas the Black/Red had unpainted PU. Regardless, the red on the 1988 and 1994 has been unrivaled on any retro AT1.

Outtake from my photos from the wknd.
F2AB9381-851C-4FD3-A6C9-DA45C611345B.jpeg

End pair came, one thing they do right is proper double boxing. Pair QC wise is fine. Few suede scuffs that will buff out. Overall its about what 115 would buy you in this day and age!

Interesting how they went with the capped tongue versus the turn-and-stitch tongue edge on the Navy/Red. That was never a thing for the Navy/Red nor the 1994 & 2002 White/Black-Vars. Red. I wasn’t sure if the Navy/Red got a continuation in 1991 like the Chloros, or if they abstained until 1994, at which point it was Black instead of Navy. Another interesting observation is that the 1994 Chloro had painted PU whereas the Black/Red had unpainted PU. Regardless, the red on the 1988 and 1994 has been unrivaled on any retro AT1.

Outtake from my photos from the wknd.
F2AB9381-851C-4FD3-A6C9-DA45C611345B.jpeg
That age midsole just hits different so dope. I’m pretty sure this year retro has a painted midsole also? Someone correct me if I’m wrong

Back
Top Bottom