Official ALCS NY Yankees vs. Texas Rangers Thread (Rangers Lead 3-1)

Originally Posted by Nowitness41Dirk

Originally Posted by FIRST B0RN

What the hell is going on?
laugh.gif
The Rangers are a better baseball team.
Originally Posted by briannnnn

Originally Posted by MFr3shM

Cliff Lee guaranteed himself a +100 million dollar contract with the Yankees next year the way he pithed tonight.
Am I the only one who thinks he will stay with Texas?
The Rangers just signed a $3billion TV contract that'll pay out $150M a year... Money doesn't look like an issue at this point.

Its really about 80 million a year but either way in this market if the Rangers want Lee they can get him. Money won't be an issue.

Something else people need to realize is when you factor in taxes 30 million in New York is the same as 26 million in Texas. Plus dude is from Arkansas.

Originally Posted by Nowitness41Dirk

Originally Posted by FIRST B0RN

What the hell is going on?
laugh.gif
The Rangers are a better baseball team.
Originally Posted by briannnnn

Originally Posted by MFr3shM

Cliff Lee guaranteed himself a +100 million dollar contract with the Yankees next year the way he pithed tonight.
Am I the only one who thinks he will stay with Texas?
The Rangers just signed a $3billion TV contract that'll pay out $150M a year... Money doesn't look like an issue at this point.

Its really about 80 million a year but either way in this market if the Rangers want Lee they can get him. Money won't be an issue.

Something else people need to realize is when you factor in taxes 30 million in New York is the same as 26 million in Texas. Plus dude is from Arkansas.

Originally Posted by AllenIversonFan01

Originally Posted by C5A5D5A5

Originally Posted by bijald0331

yankees get shut down by cliff lee in a complete pitcher dual and now they dont have "it" anymore

laugh.gif

Oh they still have money. They'll always have that. 
smile.gif

Be gone little indian.
So apparently youve missed the last 3 games that Texas has dominated all of except for 1 inning. Im not saying its over. But the Yankees are looking like they dont have "It" and havnt really had "It" since August. I understand you gotta go down with the ship as a fan but to act like nothing is wrong is just being blind in my opinion.

#Justsayin

the yankees are not the juggernaut they were last year, we all know that.

they just lost to a GREAT pitcher.

it reaks of reactionary bs to just stick a fork in this team from here on out.

yankees get shut down by cliff lee in a complete pitcher dual and now they dont have "it" anymore

laugh.gif

smile.gif

Be gone little indian.
So apparently youve missed the last 3 games that Texas has dominated all of except for 1 inning. Im not saying its over. But the Yankees are looking like they dont have "It" and havnt really had "It" since August. I understand you gotta go down with the ship as a fan but to act like nothing is wrong is just being blind in my opinion.

#Justsayin

Originally Posted by Mr S J King

laugh.gif
Bro Im not referring to the organizations history, Im referring to the guys thats currently in the dugout getting blanked 8-0 at home in the ALCS.
Who was Cliff Lee before the Rays series? Just another lefty with good stuff that made his mark by having the only two victories in the WS last year for the Phillies.

Nobody was particularly "scared" of Cliff Lee. As a matter of fact dude was 4-6 as a starter during the regular season with the Rangers.

You do realize Cliff Lee has never lost a postseason game ever?

Originally Posted by Mr S J King

laugh.gif
Bro Im not referring to the organizations history, Im referring to the guys thats currently in the dugout getting blanked 8-0 at home in the ALCS.
Who was Cliff Lee before the Rays series? Just another lefty with good stuff that made his mark by having the only two victories in the WS last year for the Phillies.

Nobody was particularly "scared" of Cliff Lee. As a matter of fact dude was 4-6 as a starter during the regular season with the Rangers.

You do realize Cliff Lee has never lost a postseason game ever?

Originally Posted by SneakerPro

I'd bet he's a Yankee come the new year, but I've got tired head talking about it already.

The Rangers will have the flexibility to make the money very competitive. All they can hope for is to continue this nice little run and win him over...

Originally Posted by SneakerPro

I'd bet he's a Yankee come the new year, but I've got tired head talking about it already.

The Rangers will have the flexibility to make the money very competitive. All they can hope for is to continue this nice little run and win him over...

laugh.gif

smile.gif

Be gone little indian.

#Justsayin

I understand that. But they have also been pretty much shut out by two other pitchers. The bats look like they on Ambien right now aside from the one good inning in game 1.

CC has looked like hot garbage his last two starts. And Texas can smell blood. But they are young and the Yankees are experienced so anything can happen. Im just sayin things are not looking good. Especially now that AJ is pitching for sure.

laugh.gif

smile.gif

Be gone little indian.

#Justsayin

I understand that. But they have also been pretty much shut out by two other pitchers. The bats look like they on Ambien right now aside from the one good inning in game 1.

CC has looked like hot garbage his last two starts. And Texas can smell blood. But they are young and the Yankees are experienced so anything can happen. Im just sayin things are not looking good. Especially now that AJ is pitching for sure.

The yanks looks so flat right now. Texas looks fresh, ready to go every game.

Father time is finally catching up I think. Sucks to get old
30t6p3b.gif

The yanks looks so flat right now. Texas looks fresh, ready to go every game.

Father time is finally catching up I think. Sucks to get old
30t6p3b.gif

Just got back from the Stadium. The only highlights of the evening include: a quick game, wasn't too cold, little traffic on the way home because it emptied out early, and a brother chasing down Kelsey Gramer, yelling 'Frasier' very stoked. I didn't know Frasier had legs in the black community, but it made me laugh. Other than that, it was TERRIBLE.

It hurt to watch Jeter make the jump throw and have it come up short. As somebody else mentioned, that would have been a sure out a few years ago.

Just got back from the Stadium. The only highlights of the evening include: a quick game, wasn't too cold, little traffic on the way home because it emptied out early, and a brother chasing down Kelsey Gramer, yelling 'Frasier' very stoked. I didn't know Frasier had legs in the black community, but it made me laugh. Other than that, it was TERRIBLE.

It hurt to watch Jeter make the jump throw and have it come up short. As somebody else mentioned, that would have been a sure out a few years ago.

Lol at his dude talking like Cliff wasn't good from 02 until getting sent down coming back up and winning the Cy for Cleveland.

Lol at his dude talking like Cliff wasn't good from 02 until getting sent down coming back up and winning the Cy for Cleveland.

Like I said dude was 4-6 in 10 starts with the Rangers after the trade.
I keep forgetting that Yankees fans consider anybody that can manhandle the Tampa Bay Rays a "GOD".
Yankees fans how does it feel to be down 2-1 in the ALCS to the AL West Champs???

Like I said dude was 4-6 in 10 starts with the Rangers after the trade.
I keep forgetting that Yankees fans consider anybody that can manhandle the Tampa Bay Rays a "GOD".
Yankees fans how does it feel to be down 2-1 in the ALCS to the AL West Champs???

Well, I just got back from the Stadium.

I just wanna say that this is ALL the O's fault. Andy pitched a hell of a game (besides 3 batters in the 1st).

But here's another thing: We've been murdered for 26 innings. They have been the completely better team for 26 innings. If I'm not mistaken, we've scored only 2 runs in 26 innings. Take away that 8th inning, and boy oh boy, we're done.

Oh, and the Shrimp is now 21-1. But I wouldn't count a loss vs Lee as the Shrimps fault.

Well, I just got back from the Stadium.

I just wanna say that this is ALL the O's fault. Andy pitched a hell of a game (besides 3 batters in the 1st).

But here's another thing: We've been murdered for 26 innings. They have been the completely better team for 26 innings. If I'm not mistaken, we've scored only 2 runs in 26 innings. Take away that 8th inning, and boy oh boy, we're done.

Oh, and the Shrimp is now 21-1. But I wouldn't count a loss vs Lee as the Shrimps fault.

Well all i can say is that i was beyond heated tonight
Andy Pitched a great game and i expected nothing less.. 1 mistake.. 2 runs.. Im mad that he took the L on the scoreboard cause he sure *@* hell doesnt deserve it

Any other pitcher we wouldve gotten 2 runs... Our at bats were half assed, scared to swing the bat.. i think it was in the 8th were out hitters would just check swing at every strike... We all know you cant be to patient with cliff.. and thats exactly wat we were doing, They shouldve been aggressive and go up there with a "protect the plate" mentality and make contact w/ the ball

I was sorta mad wen i didnt see Wood come out for the 9th, dude use to be a starter and i sure as hell believe he couldve pitched another inning and gotten quick outs like he did in the 8th

the 9th was brutal and painful to watch 
tired.gif

And alot is being said of how old we're getting which is true.. but i sure as hell will never stop believing in them til they hang up their cleats for good (which i will probably cry when they all do 
frown.gif
.. im serious)

We NEED game 4... Badly... Aj, all will be forgotten about the Reg Season if he gets us a W 

Texas didnt out play us... Cliff Lee did...if it wasnt for Nate giving up all those hits for 1 inning, it wouldve remained 2-0...

And 
roll.gif
sick.gif
indifferent.gif
 @ how this thread is jumping now to all the supposed yankee haters... Take a seat please... and eat glass... 

Well all i can say is that i was beyond heated tonight
Andy Pitched a great game and i expected nothing less.. 1 mistake.. 2 runs.. Im mad that he took the L on the scoreboard cause he sure *@* hell doesnt deserve it

Any other pitcher we wouldve gotten 2 runs... Our at bats were half assed, scared to swing the bat.. i think it was in the 8th were out hitters would just check swing at every strike... We all know you cant be to patient with cliff.. and thats exactly wat we were doing, They shouldve been aggressive and go up there with a "protect the plate" mentality and make contact w/ the ball

I was sorta mad wen i didnt see Wood come out for the 9th, dude use to be a starter and i sure as hell believe he couldve pitched another inning and gotten quick outs like he did in the 8th

the 9th was brutal and painful to watch 
tired.gif

And alot is being said of how old we're getting which is true.. but i sure as hell will never stop believing in them til they hang up their cleats for good (which i will probably cry when they all do 
frown.gif
.. im serious)

We NEED game 4... Badly... Aj, all will be forgotten about the Reg Season if he gets us a W 

Texas didnt out play us... Cliff Lee did...if it wasnt for Nate giving up all those hits for 1 inning, it wouldve remained 2-0...

And 
roll.gif
sick.gif
indifferent.gif
 @ how this thread is jumping now to all the supposed yankee haters... Take a seat please... and eat glass... 

man not acquiring lee during the summer bit us in the @*$ 

jimrome Jim Rome
Cliff Lee is a witch
roll.gif

5 minutes ago tweet Reply

Back
Top Bottom