Official ALCS thread New York Yankees VS Detroit Tigers (NYY:0 DET:4) Yankees got swept :(

All I can say is congrats to Detroit and their fans. They earned it and I'll be rooting for them to win it all. It was a good series outside of this game.

A big congrats to the Mets, Orioles and Sox fans too. They won their World Series tonight and we'll all be golfing together soon :pimp:

Terrible showing. It's amazing how the bats seem to always die as soon as the playoffs start.

We were lucky to make it out of the ALDS.

All I can say is congrats to Detroit and their fans. They earned it and I'll be rooting for them to win it all. It was a good series outside of this game.

A big congrats to the Mets, Orioles and Sox fans too. They won their World Series tonight and we'll all be golfing together soon
pimp.gif
All of this.

Terrible showing. It's amazing how the bats seem to always die as soon as the playoffs start.
We were lucky to make it out of the ALDS.

Yeah, we really even shouldn't have, but we somehow did.

What a pathetic showing all series long. This ones gonna hurt for a bit, especially knowing I only have the Jets to look forward to. Joy :rofl: :smh: .

I hope this team gets completely gutted. Arod, grandy, swish, joba need to go. Do some sign & trades, load up on prospects & draft picks.

Yankees wAnna get there payroll at $189 mill or under so they dont have to have to pay $14 mill in luxury tax. Heres there chance.

I hope this team gets completely gutted. Arod, grandy, swish, joba need to go. Do some sign & trades, load up on prospects & draft picks.
Yankees wAnna get there payroll at $189 mill or under so they dont have to have to pay $14 mill in luxury tax. Heres there chance.

I agree with 2 of 4. Joba started to come along.. And I'm not sold that Grandy can't do it...

ARod & Swish (as much as it hurts for Swish because I genuinely like the guy) need to go..

Kevin Long should be axe #1 though

But I love the Yankees organization's worry about money... They want to stay under $189mil.. To not pay $14 million more in luxury tax. :lol:

Last edited:

so you want the Yankees to play young guys? they are not the Mets the Yankees need to have superstar players just to appease the Yankee fans no way they go into 2013 playing Nunez at 3rd, some scrub in CF, Ichiro will do in RF.

The Yankees need big star players on the team its just their mentality that HRs mean everything not contact players. They won't load up on Prospects and draft picks. They just picked up Granderson's option for 2013 so he's guaranteed his spot in CF.

-Don't understand why some of y'all are even worried about the money we spend.
-So you think it's a good idea to basically pay Alex to play somewhere else. It makes sense to pay 80-90 million for Alex to play somewhere else.
-Alex is still better than most 3rd basemen. Better glove and arm than most. Avg. about .280, 18 HRs and 65 RBIs....that's awful? No. It's not typical A Rod numbers and people can't differentiate the two for some reason.
-I don't want Alex gone, he's been hurt the last two years and still putting up decent numbers.
-Girardi needs to leave, the way he handled this team the last series was embarrassing. Benching Alex all the time, didn't bench Swish until it was too late. The way he handled Alex was almost as bad as the sh he did with Posada.
-Nunez glove is weak but he has a bat. Should have been in way more.
-I like Chavez but he's starting and had how many hits.....0
-Nix could have played more.
-Would have benched Cano after game 1
-Even talking about trading Cano is ridiculous, he's the best second basemen in baseball.
-Swisher is out and I'm happy, he did some dumb **** in this post season, misplayed balls and "dove" when it was too late. His bat sucks please get the **** out of NY

With that said, get rid of Swish, Girardi and Gardner.
Work on Nunez glove some more and see what we could do.
Keep Alex
Hopefully we can get Michael Bourn
Bring back Kuroda, Ichiro and hopefully Pettitte

^ No one is complaining about ARod's season numbers... But how many times can we have an automatic out when we need a hit in the playoffs..

Sure he has 18 homeruns and maybe 25 if he plays a full season... Then go into the playoffs where he's as bad as a pitcher hitting..

Then ask if that's worth $30,000,000 a year.. 1/6 of what the Yankees are willing to spend.... On a guy who is 37 can't stay healthy an entire season then disappears when we need him. For 5 more seasons.

See if a team trades us a player for ARod + taking taking 60% of his salary over 5 years .. Depending on who you get, you still have some money to pursue another player whether on the bench or not

Last edited:
Bottom line, arod just needs to go. His regular season numbers have declined every year, his postseason numbers are even worse. Every 5 games girardi dh's him, he sits a game or two, "Alex needs time to rest" is what girardi says all the time. He's not an every day player any more. He hasnt been for 5 seasons.

You trade him, get as much as you can get, even if it isn't much at all. The more teams involved the better. Get that salary relief & move on. 

As far as swish goes, i like him & has great energy but hes gotta go too. His postseason numbers tell the story.

^ his post season is terrible....so is half the roster. You gonna trade everyone?

What's the point of trading him for nothing and paying his salary. You're basically paying him to play somewhere else when he's still above average. What kind of logic does that make? They already said if the Yankees moving him, they're eating 80-100 million of that. It's not worth it. He still a factor and helps us each year.

As for Girardi giving him rest....he does that ******** to everyone and tries to. Not everyone will do it but some will.

^ his post season is terrible....so is half the roster. You gonna trade everyone?
What's the point of trading him for nothing and paying his salary. You're basically paying him to play somewhere else when he's still above average. What kind of logic does that make? They already said if the Yankees moving him, they're eating 80-100 million of that. It's not worth it. He still a factor and helps us each year.

exactly .....

You guys swung me on ARod.. But I'd still search for a trade to see if there is a good deal out there.. If not keep him.. And then a couple years down the line is when you eat his contract

Back
Top Bottom