Official Alien(s) Franchise Tread. Alien: Romulus 8/16/24

Originally Posted by THE ANOMOLIE

I'm a big fan of Ridley Scott he has directed some of my favorite movies: Blade Runner, Alien, Gladiator, American Gangster. This is his first Sci-Fi movie since Alien. Dude is a beast. I'm glad I can finally see the story behind the "Space Jockeys". I'm somewhat of a Alien fan, I have even bought the novels.

http://aliens.wikia.com/wiki/Mala'kak
He did Blade Runner in 1982.

WOW!

I'm am a big fan of Alien and Aliens. Even read some of the novels years ago. I then became a fan of H.R. Giger's art.

Seeing how this links to that storyline and looks like it explains who that giant elephant race alien is that sits in the big chair in Alien, I'm all in on this one.

This is the first movie I've been geeked to see in a very long time.
pimp.gif

pimp.gif
Looking forward to this. Good to see Ridley Scott back to doing the movie genre that he does great at.

Definitely gonna see this in theaters

It would be awesome if they did Alien/Aliens re-screenings in conjunction....would love to see both on the big screen for once.

Originally Posted by THE ANOMOLIE

I'm a big fan of Ridley Scott he has directed some of my favorite movies: Blade Runner, Alien, Gladiator, American Gangster. This is his first Sci-Fi movie since Alien. Dude is a beast. I'm glad I can finally see the story behind the "Space Jockeys". I'm somewhat of a Alien fan, I have even bought the novels.

http://aliens.wikia.com/wiki/Mala'kak

Ymxaz.jpg

This pic (From trailer) could be the first pic of the Space Jockey.

Just watched the high def trailer... and
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif

Alien-Space-Jockey-2.jpg

spacejockey.jpg

If this follows the storyline of some of the novels, then I'm extra geeked.

My introduction into the Alien series was the sequel and I've see all the rest except the original ( I know
indifferent.gif
 @ me, I deserve it). Anyways after entering this thread yesterday and watching the trailer and reading some of these replies, I decided to shoot over to Wikipedia to get the background info. I didn't know what a Space Jockey was so did't understand the comment made in here until I read up on it. Nonetheless I will be watching Alien soon and am looking forward to this movie.

Originally Posted by dmbrhs

I agree that Aliens was a great sequel (probably one of the best sequels of all time), but it was an action movie and the effects don't entirely hold up. Alien holds up to this day because there weren't really any dated special effects used. It's close, but Alien gets the nod.
I completely understand what you're saying, but respectfully disagree.  Even with the more dated effects, I still like Aliens better.  The increased action and additional characters, particularly the comic relief provided by Bill Paxton, just make it a more enjoyable film for me.  Aliens probably is in my top 10 favorite movies ever.  I also like Alien a lot, however, so I will be checking out Prometheus.   

As geeked as you all are, and the obvious inclusion of the space jockey seat not withstanding...

you all do know that Ridley's come out and said that this started as a prequel to Alien then the story branched and they decided to take it in a completely different direction.

If we believe him, then there are zero aliens/xenomorphs in this movie, and while he hasn't said there wont be any space jockeys at all, the story might not have much if anything to do with them.

Would you all still be willing to see it then?

Originally Posted by Nako XL

As geeked as you all are, and the obvious inclusion of the space jockey seat not withstanding...

you all do know that Ridley's come out and said that this started as a prequel to Alien then the story branched and they decided to take it in a completely different direction.

If we believe him, then there are zero aliens/xenomorphs in this movie, and while he hasn't said there wont be any space jockeys at all, the story might not have much if anything to do with them.

the rumors i read your right about the first part that it started of as a prequel then became its own movie, but the last 10-15 builds to alien.

Of course I'm going to see it. I'm fascinated by the story. Even if it doesn't answer the "where did it come from?" question, at least it allows us to understand a bit more of the history that foreshadows the events in Alien. I'm also curious to see The Company's role in this.

he's def a beast ... but anything ALIEN related must include ALIENS ... b/c that sequel took a dump on alien ...

Originally Posted by cornzilla

Hold up.... all of you saying that Aliens was the best sequel obviously forgot about Terminator 2. Judgement Day was one of the best movies ever let alone sequel. 
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
as sick as the T1000 is and as sick as T2 is ... Aliens > T2 ... 
no one forgot about T2 ... movie was revolutionary ... i watch it today and it still holds its own against today's graphics 

Ill teaser, but Imma go ahead and prepare myself for a terrible ending
.........Written by the guy who did LOST.
nerd.gif

damon-lindelof-image.jpg

The film will be a prequel to the 1979 science fiction horror film Alien; however, the events of the film will not precede any of the previously established characters or story lines from the Alien franchise.

Charlize Theron
pimp.gif

Yes.

Originally Posted by GotHolesInMySocks

The film will be a prequel to the 1979 science fiction horror film Alien; however, the events of the film will not precede any of the previously established characters or story lines from the Alien franchise.

Maybe it will be about the mysterious alien species that sent out the warning signal before they were overtaken by the main alien species from the alien movies.

alien-1979-screen-1.jpg

IMO Alien >>> Aliens >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Alien 3 = Alien Ressurection

EDIT: Nevermind, I see that it actually is about the mysterious alien. Can't wait! After the prequel of The Thing and now this, it seems that they're gradually moving away from the idiotic "remakes" and starting to make prequels and sequels that expand the story. Hopefully it stays this way. I would be so pissed if they "remade" the original Alien one day. I feel like punching anyone who ever bought a movie ticket for a remake and encouraged the Hollywood douchebags to make them in the first place.

I don't think you have anything to worry about in regards to a "remake" of Alien. That movie is untouchable. It'd be like remaking Casablanca. It just doesn't work. Even a movie like Blade Runner can be remade (which it is, essentially) because of advancements in effects and telling the story differently. There's no other way to tell the story of Alien.

There's whispers that Prometheus, Alien, AND Blade Runner are all conceived to occur in the same universe which is interesting and does make sense conceptually.

Could lead to some interesting things if he decides to tie Prometheus in to the Alien story more than he's let on and decides to effectively wipe away everything James Cameron did when he took over the series (making it as if Aliens never happened.)

I spent a few hours yesterday reading various theories about Prometheus and I found some interesting ones. One in particular sounds like it's dead on...

Spoiler [+]
--The "space jockey" isn't an alien.
--The humans in the crew of the Prometheus find some advanced technology on the planet... "the urns".
--The urns contain a substance that turns inorganic material into organic material and fuses bioligical and mechanical.
--The urns were left by an advance race.
--One of the crew members comes into contact with the urns (the face melting in the trailer) and starts to fuse with his space suit, becoming the "space jockey".
--The infected man terrorizes the crew.
--Someone in the crew gets infected and becomes the xenomorph.
--The alien ship is becoming organic and is a living thing. (Is the "gun" the ship's penis?)

I guess I'll have to wait and see.

Back
Top Bottom