Official Ant-Man Movie Thread

Super excited about the reviews, always knew this would be a sleeper and my man Rudd is simply impossible not to like, dude is Americas Male Sweetheart :lol:

Marvel is running on cruise control yall.

Super excited about the reviews, always knew this would be a sleeper and my man Rudd is simply impossible not to like, dude is Americas Male Sweetheart :lol:

Marvel is running on cruise control yall.

Are the ant man funko's easy yo get? Now my nephew wants one.

Depends on which, pretty sure the non-exclusives are...GITD Yellow Jacket and Unmasked Antman I don't think would be easy to land tho..

Saw an extended sneak peek at Disneyland yesterday
And MAAAAAAN
like I wanted to see it but NOW
I can't wait movie looks too damn dope

The movie delivered. A few years ago if you would've told me Marvel was making an Ant Man movie I would've thought that was the stupidest thing ever with zero interest in it. But somehow Marvel found a way to make it work. From start to finish the movie entertains without any dragging time. It also ties into the MCU beautifully without it feeling forced or out of place. Scott Lang's character reminded me somewhat of Peter Parker's in a good way. And speaking of which, they make a quick reference to the wall crawler. The 2 post credit scenes were :smokin .

Son how was that better then AOU? That was the best Marvel movie this year as entertaining as GOTG. The way everything connected especially back into the MCU time line is dope. HYDRA returning [emoji]128565[/emoji] Dope movie

Went into the theaters with no expectations and came out very happy. Really enjoyed the movie and I thought the pacing of the story was pretty consistent. Michael Pena was probably my favorite character in the film. I LOVED when he told his stories to Lang
laugh.gif
 ESPECIALLY his last story
roll.gif
 Paul Rudd did a good job in the movie and I was happy that it wasn't all corny and humor. To see Michael Douglas in a Marvel film was amazing. (Yes, I said the same thing when I saw Robert Redford) Evangeline Lilly did a great job and was happy with the Corey Stoll's performance in the movie.
I loved the opening sequence with Howard Stark and Agent Carter. Glad Marvel was consistent in casting John Slattery as the older Howard Stark and seeing the goodness of Hayley Atwell. Marvel did good making Michael Douglas look young again. (Also, liked the how he expressed his unhappiness with Stark and the Avengers.)
The Ant-Man vs. Falcon fight scene was really good. Really glad that Anthony Mackie got a good amount of screen time and was surprised that the film went back to the Avengers HQ. I lol'd when he told whoever to 'not tell Cap what happened'. lol
I geek'd out at the reference to Spider-Man towards the end of the film. Idk if I read it here or somewhere else about Oscorp being mentioned in the film, maybe I missed it?
Very happy that Evangeline Lilly is going to be the new Wasp. Honestly, I think Janet is still alive somewhere in the micro-universe and I really thought she was going to help Scott when he went in.

I enjoyed the final end credit scene with Cap, Falcon, and Bucky. Looked like it was a scene straight out of Civil War. Really looking forward to seeing Ant-Man interact with everyone.
Overall, I think the film was a good movie that didn't have too much super-hero stuff. Marvel did well with this film and I wonder what Marvel didn't like with Edgar Wright's screen play.

And for all the drama that went down when Wright resigned, the film was still good.

Very happy that Evangeline Lilly is going to be the new Wasp. Honestly, I think Janet is still alive somewhere in the micro-universe and I really thought she was going to help Scott when he went in.

Hayley Lovitt revealed that she was in the Wasp suit and she theorizes that she might still be alive in the film (or so she hopes at least).

She posted this on her facebook page:

"Well, I've had to keep my mouth shut about this for a number of months now. The official release date is tomorrow, but a lot of theaters have it today! I play The Wasp (the original Avenger! The one who NAMED the Avengers!), Janet Van Dyne, in Ant-Man. I believe Marvel has since decided to give Janet a much bigger role in the MCU of film (my own belief/speculation, you know how Marvel keeps things secret), with many speculating on who might play her. Because of this you miiiiight not recognize me in the film, as I am in FULL Wasp attire including helmet with yellow tinted eye glass. And my lines were cut to conceal my voice. But I'm still in this super awesome film! With this amazingly iconic Marvel credit and a really cool scene I got to shoot w Michael Douglas. And a little photo shoot that shows at the end of the film. I have seen this film, and it is SERIOUSLY FUNNY. If you aren't a comic fan, trust me, you will still enjoy this one. ‪#‎Antman‬ ‪#‎marvel‬ ‪#‎janetvandyne‬ ‪#‎MCU‬ ‪#‎iamjanet‬"

11750701_10152860275536650_395126740821854968_n.png

Back
Top Bottom