Official Ant-Man Movie Thread

Marvel's Ant-Man earned an impressive $6.4 million during late night showings on Thursday, an impressive - if not amazing - start for the finale to Phase 3. Guardians of the Galaxy (which also introduced relatively obscure characters and had a strong comedic tone) took $11.2 million last year and ended up far exceeding expectations. It doesn't seem like Ant-Man will do the same, but The Hollywood Reporter is confident that it's stil going to end the weekend with between $60 million - $65 million. That's far from bad and similar to the openings of many of the Phase 1 origin stories like Captain America: The First Avenger and Thor.

Hayley Lovitt revealed that she was in the Wasp suit and she theorizes that she might still be alive in the film (or so she hopes at least).

She posted this on her facebook page:

"Well, I've had to keep my mouth shut about this for a number of months now. The official release date is tomorrow, but a lot of theaters have it today! I play The Wasp (the original Avenger! The one who NAMED the Avengers!), Janet Van Dyne, in Ant-Man. I believe Marvel has since decided to give Janet a much bigger role in the MCU of film (my own belief/speculation, you know how Marvel keeps things secret), with many speculating on who might play her. Because of this you miiiiight not recognize me in the film, as I am in FULL Wasp attire including helmet with yellow tinted eye glass. And my lines were cut to conceal my voice. But I'm still in this super awesome film! With this amazingly iconic Marvel credit and a really cool scene I got to shoot w Michael Douglas. And a little photo shoot that shows at the end of the film. I have seen this film, and it is SERIOUSLY FUNNY. If you aren't a comic fan, trust me, you will still enjoy this one. ‪#‎Antman‬ ‪#‎marvel‬ ‪#‎janetvandyne‬ ‪#‎MCU‬ ‪#‎iamjanet‬"

11750701_10152860275536650_395126740821854968_n.png
Sweet. I was curios why her face was covered in the family photo and how she didn't have any lines when they were trying to diffuse the bomb. Hopefully Hank finds a way to bring her back.

What I really want to see in CW or AntMan sequel is...

Ant-Man utilizing what he used to get out of the sub-atomic state to normal, use it during his normal self and turn into Giant-Man.

Sweet. I was curios why her face was covered in the family photo and how she didn't have any lines when they were trying to diffuse the bomb. Hopefully Hank finds a way to bring her back.
why were they hiding this?
Might be so they have room to recast her in later films
the actress they got playing her in this film might just be a cheap place holder since there's no need to spend money on someone who has no lines and shows up for 15 seconds 

Might be so they have room to recast her in later films
the actress they got playing her in this film might just be a cheap place holder since there's no need to spend money on someone who has no lines and shows up for 15 seconds
Agreed. Interesting why the MCU went this route and have Hope be Wasp.

I really thought this movie'd be terrible from all the bts stuff that went on. But marvel got another hit, I love this movie. Not more than winter soldier or guardians but its high up there.

This movie is probably funnier than most comedies that came out this year. Very well paced also.

Michael Pena :pimp:

Had plenty of fun with this movie. Might even enjoy it more than GOTG but I will wait to see if the repeat viewings holds up when it releases on Blu Ray.

Rudd and Douglas were great.
Lilly was :evil:
Pena :rofl:

Loved the seamless references to the MCU.

“It’s going to be certainly a part of our Phase 3; some of the films we've announced in Phase 3 " revealed Kevin Feige when Yahoo had asked when we'll see Lilly's Wasp on-screen. "It is going to be a very important moment [in Ant-Man], and — spoiler alert! — we see that suit for the first time, and her father now is finally giving it to her and realizes that he can’t hold her back from what is essentially her destiny. It's gonna be a very big part of one of our upcoming films.”

UDvbrmDl.jpg

“It’s going to be certainly a part of our Phase 3; some of the films we've announced in Phase 3 " revealed Kevin Feige when Yahoo had asked when we'll see Lilly's Wasp on-screen. "It is going to be a very important moment [in Ant-Man], and — spoiler alert! — we see that suit for the first time, and her father now is finally giving it to her and realizes that he can’t hold her back from what is essentially her destiny. It's gonna be a very big part of one of our upcoming films.”

UDvbrmDl.jpg

looks a lot different than I wouldve expected

That Wasp suit was made for Evangeline Lilly. She has the best body out of every female in the MCU.

Loved the movie. Better than I expected. Paul Rudd was great. Michael Pena and crew were hilarious.

Back
Top Bottom