OFFICIAL APRIL 2018 NIKE OUTLET/WEBSITE/STORE UPDATE THREAD-DO NOT MAKE REQUESTS

Status
Not open for further replies.
People abused the surveys and thus, the policy was changed.

Let me guess, people using $10 surveys to buy things like $12 shirts broke the system? If so, I get it...but seems like a better solution would've been to just add a minimum purchase amount to the coupon like $10 off $50 instead of lowering the amount. Funny how it's not much, but that $10 was enough to get me to check my local outlet weekly and fill out surveys for every purchase faithfully. I don't think I've filled out any of those $5 ones and my weekly trips to the outlet have turned into maybe once this month if that. It's all good, not really complaining about the change just interesting to hear about the direction that it seems the factory stores are headed.

Let me guess, people using $10 surveys to buy things like $12 shirts broke the system? If so, I get it...but seems like a better solution would've been to just add a minimum purchase amount to the coupon like $10 off $50 instead of lowering the amount. Funny how it's not much, but that $10 was enough to get me to check my local outlet weekly and fill out surveys for every purchase faithfully. I don't think I've filled out any of those $5 ones and my weekly trips to the outlet have turned into maybe once this month if that. It's all good, not really complaining about the change just interesting to hear about the direction that it seems the factory stores are headed.

A lot of people would buy, return, rinse and repeat. I can only speak for stores I have a relationship with but in Los Angeles we have crews that did this on almost a daily basis. They would buy a shoe, return it times 100 times a week and would stack up on codes. They weren’t breaking policy and since it was never the same person each day, alternating shifts, it took a minute to catch on.

I don’t work for Nike....but when LP visits a store...it’s NOT a good look.

If you caught the right team Member...you could stack the surveys to pay nothing.

A lot of people would buy, return, rinse and repeat. I can only speak for stores I have a relationship with but in Los Angeles we have crews that did this on almost a daily basis. They would buy a shoe, return it times 100 times a week and would stack up on codes. They weren’t breaking policy and since it was never the same person each day, alternating shifts, it took a minute to catch on.

I don’t work for Nike....but when LP visits a store...it’s NOT a good look.

If you caught the right team Member...you could stack the surveys to pay nothing.
This is why we can’t have nice things.

Last few trips to those 3 stores were also a complete dud for me lately
It seems like you have to hit up south chicago for anything good
But it’s such a pain to get there from where I live
If you go the weekend there’s no traffic but place is packed
If you go on the weekday traffic is horrible and there’s usually no additional discounts
I’ve also noticed a bunch of new vloggers on YouTube posting videos at that store

You're speaking all facts here. I went to South Chi Thursday after work and the shopping experience was smooth as ever. Hardly nobody in the store. I doubled back Friday afternoon and it was a mad house. I went to Aurora Saturday afternoon and it was chaos. South Chi usually has heat, but gotta know when to get in and get out. I know the unbreakable cat is always vlogging from South Chi store. Today is the last day for the sale and I thought about doubling back to Aurora to check out the clothes on my lunch today.

How do you abuse the survey when you can only take 2 a week and use only 1 per transaction?
My friend did this a lot. Example: Buy $10 socks, go to another outlet or come back next day, exchange and use another $10 coupon for $19.99 hoodie, exchange $19.99 hoodie, add $10 coupon get $29.99 jacket-> 39,49,59,69 etc. Just takes time and patience.

Surveys are 2 per week, per IP address. So if you have multiple phones, computers, you can fill out multiple in a week.
With the recent changes to the coupon, I don't go to outlets as much as before. Nike was basically giving away money.

That $10 got me purchasing something every time I hit the outlets, often times it's a pack of $10ish socks, but when the sock selection isn't good, I'll still end up grabbing a $15-20 tee, just felt like every time I visit the store without using the $10 survey is a missed opportunity to get another. The past few trips, I've actually walked out of the store empty handed :smh:. When I do use the $5 off $25 it's something I would purchase with or without the survey coupon.

If the problem is abuse of the system (thru refunds to harvest the credits), that is already fixed with how the $5 off $25 coupons are punched in, I've noticed if I buy multiple items, the $5 off is distributed among all the items, they could have easily done that with the $10 surveys too...

That $10 got me purchasing something every time I hit the outlets, often times it's a pack of $10ish socks, but when the sock selection isn't good, I'll still end up grabbing a $15-20 tee, just felt like every time I visit the store without using the $10 survey is a missed opportunity to get another. The past few trips, I've actually walked out of the store empty handed :smh:. When I do use the $5 off $25 it's something I would purchase with or without the survey coupon.

If the problem is abuse of the system (thru refunds to harvest the credits), that is already fixed with how the $5 off $25 coupons are punched in, I've noticed if I buy multiple items, the $5 off is distributed among all the items, they could have easily done that with the $10 surveys too...
And they also coulda changed it so that a return doesn't provide another survey code. That woulda cut down on some of the abuse of the system.

I could be wrong but I believe the days of stacking are over
I was able to stack f&f and survey in the past
Goodbye $10 survey gift cards
Goodbye stacking them also
We had some good times together

Hmmm weird she essentially told me they were both coupons and can only accept one . Where as before it was a gift card so both could work . Made sense to me so I didn’t fight it

Was anyone able to stack the survey and friends and family I got denied twice

Absolutely. I was able to stack the ff discount with $10 surveys this weekend. The survey is a gift card. They have gift card #s on them. She may have just been being difficult.

Last edited:
Best deal in Woodstock GA Nike Ridgewalk parkway. Hit Em up quick. FSR

20180430_193036.jpg

My friend did this a lot. Example: Buy $10 socks, go to another outlet or come back next day, exchange and use another $10 coupon for $19.99 hoodie, exchange $19.99 hoodie, add $10 coupon get $29.99 jacket-> 39,49,59,69 etc. Just takes time and patience.

Surveys are 2 per week, per IP address. So if you have multiple phones, computers, you can fill out multiple in a week.
With the recent changes to the coupon, I don't go to outlets as much as before. Nike was basically giving away money.

Geez. I'm out here playing checkers and this guy is playing chess!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom