Official Asics Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
use this thread to share the love of all things asics! vintage, new releases, its all good! no technical shoe discussion though please

Asics are much appreciated.

just a contribution to the thread...My pairs of GL IIIs
2ue6wro.jpg

2mjipz.jpg

fw3ps9.jpg

I never got into Asics, but I picked up a Gel Trainer and loved the fit, now I appreciate the styling a lot more... nice collection

Originally Posted by jamesyo
Words cannot describe how much I hate you and your small-footed ilk, able to buy Euro releases that I can't possibly fit into.

tongue.gif

The Colette is probably my favorite colorway ever made of the GL III, right up there with the curry A.R.C.s, and I've bought up every pair of the latter ina size 13 that I've come across. Even though Europe still gets the lion's share of good GL III and GT II releases, at least the future is looking alittle brighter for US releases with the two Runovation packs. ucasta, nice stuff as well. Makes me wish that I livedcloser to a decent Footlocker, or at least one that has competent employees who can look up inventory and place orders from other stores.

I'll post pics of my stuff later, but it's good to see some Asics love on NT.

Asics are actually the best running shoes. Aesthetically I have always preferred Nikes, but once I started using Asics for running..

Originally Posted by PrurientSole

Words cannot describe how much I hate you and your small-footed ilk, able to buy Euro releases that I can't possibly fit into.

tongue.gif

The Colette is probably my favorite colorway ever made of the GL III, right up there with the curry A.R.C.s, and I've bought up every pair of the latter in a size 13 that I've come across. Even though Europe still gets the lion's share of good GL III and GT II releases, at least the future is looking a little brighter for US releases with the two Runovation packs. ucasta, nice stuff as well. Makes me wish that I lived closer to a decent Footlocker, or at least one that has competent employees who can look up inventory and place orders from other stores.

I'll post pics of my stuff later, but it's good to see some Asics love on NT.

ahhaha my best friend is a 13 and misses out on so much stuff with size runs only going up to 12, so i know where your coming from. i want both pairs ofalife's, particularly the grey, but they are hard t ocome by for a good price, and alife !@@%$% my order up when they dropped so i never received them. ialso want the patta's something shocking!

now this is a dope thread! will need to post my pairs, i always wanted the solebox releases, but wasn't willing to pay over $300 for them.

Anyone know the going rate for both the Grey Alife Gel Lyte III and the White/Black/Purple/Orange David Z...both DS, size 12 & 11.5 respectively.

not much above retail for alifes. david z's arent worth more than 70. you can cop the og purple cway for cheaper, and its better

Where are the best places to get GL IIIs? and GT Quicks, II. The US never gets the good pairs

yes they do. they had the alife grey and curry, and you got the OG c/ways at footlocker for $30 bucks a pop. you dont get better than that. you US headscomplain so much about not getting releases

yes they do. they had the alife grey and curry, and you got the OG c/ways at footlocker for $30 bucks a pop. you dont get better than that. you US heads complain so much about not getting releases

...And I dropped $150.00 on my rivington clubs. Show me a single mens Gel Lyte III onfootlockers website...

im talking about when they dropped a while back. Thats what other heads from the US have told me. i have no idea what you guys have now. you just got the newdavid z's. they were surprisingly ok. try living in australia, where we see jack *+@* releases

^ The selection in the US is weak, at best.

Sure, we get a decent collab every once in awhile (Proper, ARC, one out of every five DavidZ releases), but the vast majority of recent GRs are just Gel LyteIIIs in clownish colorways and/or patent leather that are sold only at "select" Footlockers. ucasta has, bya wide margin, the two best of those recent releases. There's one other white/black colorway that showed promise, but... patent leather on the toe. I wasexcited for the Runovation Pack until I saw the materials used. Reptile prints and patent leather? No thanks.

So, while it's true that the US market is getting more retro Asics releases than in the past, I'll take quality over quantity any day.

Originally Posted by duerr

yes they do. they had the alife grey and curry, and you got the OG c/ways at footlocker for $30 bucks a pop. you dont get better than that. you US heads complain so much about not getting releases

...And I dropped $150.00 on my rivington clubs. Show me a single mens Gel Lyte III on footlockers website...

the gel lyte IIIs were pretty much only available at higher volume footlockers located in big cities, if you are in the Boston area the Cambridgeside Galleriastill has majority of the releases still left there. If you want some sku #s i have 5 pairs here right now, and they can still be stock located

black/black
42-06430-204
white/purple/orange
42-08301-304
concrete/royal(pair Ucasta posted)
42-06434-404
black/orange/gold
42-08531-504
white/black/red/blue(zebra)
42-08622-204

does anyone know how much the white/purple/orange gl3's are going for at the moment? if anyone could locate me a us 10 pair for cheap i would be muchappreciative

retail was $74.99, but i believe they may be at $59.99, i'll check for you tomorrow at work.

They're not royal blue to me, they're kind of in between royal and carolina if you ask me.

Royal blue is more vibrant and bright, the blue on these is more dull.

A very nice GR colorway though. I don't get how they can put these out with all of the other clashing colorways I've seen.

^^^ Thnks. From the pics they dont look ryl blue to me. Shame, been looking for a good pair of royal blue shoes

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom