Official AUTHENTIC NBA JERSEY Post - Bringin Back the JERSEY ERA... (Info/Guide = Page 1)

Im so happy you put this picture up, my camera battery is dead so i cant take any photos but my zo is double tagged with a 94-95 tag (zo started playing with the heat 95-96) and a 44 and we all know zo didnt wear no 44. if you look at the nba logo on the left you can see that it is slighty crooked and its not the way the jersey is sitting but it is actually crooked just like mine. other then those two issues it is a flawless jersey, the back is perfect and the front looks so damn crispy. ill put photos up in a couple of hours showing what im talking about but im so happy its not just my jersey. thanks zyzz and eyanks 
I've been collecting nba jerseys on and off for a while now....I've never seen a true champion retail authentic that was double tagged with +0 length on them (I am fairly certain that they are customized from blanks). This has been talked about a few times on this thread, but there was a seller pro-jerseys.com who used to be very active on ebay and had tons of double tagged mid-90's authentics that appeared to be blanks that he customized. (I should send him an email or something to get closure) Anyway, he was the first guy to have the rookie AI's you see on ebay every day. I remember it like it was yesterday (all though it was probably like 10 years ago after stacking that allowance paper lol) when I bought this:

This is not a pro-cut. Based on my experience I am pretty sure it is a blank custom. I'm very certain all the rookie AI's with the double tags that appear frequently on ebay were orginally are blank custom's, and I have reason to believe all the double tagged heat hardaways and heat mournings are blank customs.

Having said that, I still think the Heat jerseys are still cool and would buy one at the right price, and I could be wrong, but I just wanted to share my thoughts.

Last edited:
huh? there are players who didnt have length added to their jerseys.

even before rev 30, there was players who didnt have added length

and those Heat jerseys were just error that were double tagged IMO because there is mass amounts of em. no one went and customized them

huh? there are players who didnt have length added to their jerseys.

even before rev 30, there was players who didnt have added length

and those Heat jerseys were just error that were double tagged IMO because there is mass amounts of em. no one went and customized them
Yes there are pro cuts of actual players with +0 . Forget about that for a second.

Back in the 90's did you honestly ever see a double tagged jersey for sale in a store? I never did. Champion even wasn't making retail authentics for every team yet. Tim Hardaway was traded to the Heat in Feb 1996. The next season was the 50th anniversary gold logo year, so there was only a small window for  non-gold logo tim hardaway jerseys to be produced. Plus Champion never started churning out authentics mid-season of a traded player.

How come Harold Miner jerseys, which to my knowledge is the only retail authentic heat jersey champion made, don't have the double tags?

The only plausible explanation to me is that most of the double-tagged authentics are actually blanks that were customized, probably by the pro-jerseys guy who runs a customization business. http://www.pro-jerseys.com/aboutus.asp. I bought my stockton jersey from this seller and they were definitely selling the double tagged A.I.'s years ago. I have seen retail authentic rookie A.I.'s with the gold logo and the number placement is noticeably different on the double tagged A.I.'s on ebay.

Last edited:

Yes there are pro cuts of actual players with +0 . Forget about that for a second.

Back in the 90's did you honestly ever see a double tagged jersey for sale in a store? I never did. Champion even wasn't making retail authentics for every team yet. Tim Hardaway was traded to the Heat in Feb 1996. The next season was the 50th anniversary gold logo year, so there was only a small window for  non-gold logo tim hardaway jerseys to be produced. Plus Champion never started churning out authentics mid-season of a traded player.

How come Harold Miner jerseys, which to my knowledge is the only retail authentic heat jersey champion made, don't have the double tags?

The only plausible explanation to me is that most of the double-tagged authentics are actually blanks that were customized, probably by the pro-jerseys guy who runs a customization business. http://www.pro-jerseys.com/aboutus.asp. I bought my stockton jersey from this seller and they were definitely selling the double tagged A.I.'s years ago. I have seen retail authentic rookie A.I.'s with the gold logo and the number placement is noticeably different on the double tagged A.I.'s on ebay.
www.pro-jerseys.com is tarad1012 on ebay.

All the jerseys he's selling are customized one. Never ever seen any which isn't.

So I guess it's the same with your Stockton.

He had a ton of AI dual-tag rookies a couple of months back 

At the moment he's selling only Adidas pre-Rev30 customized.

Spurs and Blazers with wrong font, Anthony Davis & Austin Rivers of Hornets (lol), Paul George of Indiana (lol) etc. 

Last edited:
What's the difference between these 2 - "JAZZ" sublimated and "JAZZ" made of twill?

Shouldn't they be from the same time?

I know that earlier single-tagged Champion authentics had "JAZZ" sublimated (as most of other team's names/logos).

Not sure what was the case when they changed to dual-tagged style back then.

Thanks.

Last edited:

I bought my iverson from him like 10 years ago. I think he was selling them for $99 a jersey and for me it was too good of a deal to pass up. I actually got a couple jerseys from him. The double tagging was odd and I had a feeling it may have been a custom. If it is, was definitely one of the better customs. For me at least, back then the way I knew it was a fake/custom was when the nba logo was raised. For some reason they weren't able to or tried to have the nba logo sewn within the jersey. Sadly, sometimes I wasn't able to see the difference until I received the jersey.

^Yeah the customs happen to be very good, so good that people don't even know that they aren't original. I happen to really like my Stockton jersey. However I do prefer originals because I'm OCD.

Last edited:

Am I the only one who hates these types of numbers? I like my numbers to be twill 
I hate them too. They bubble and wrinkle way too easily. And then sellers on ebay take photos of the jersey at the right angle and the right lightning so that you can't tell 
mean.gif

That Kemp looks to be in good shape though.

Yea I know they would keep the big logo because they had it when they they were white red and yellow too just changed the colors.

They need new jerseys and colors ASAP

Back
Top Bottom