Official AUTHENTIC NBA JERSEY Post - Bringin Back the JERSEY ERA... (Info/Guide = Page 1)

Originally Posted by Mr Jordan04

I'm returning my Kobe mitchell and ness cuz it was too small. $100 bucks + tax and shipping was a hell of a deal, too bad they don't have anything else I really want

Which one did you get? I'm looking for the Purple 98 All Star joint in a 40

Originally Posted by 23RAKIM45

This is fake right... unless it's a custom?
I have this jersey.  It's actually not a custom.  It was a reproduction that Nike did of Jordan's rookie jersey for $150, but the name is black outlined with white rather than all white letters.  They also made a red swingman with all white letters for the name and a white swingman with "Bulls" on the front.  I believe it came out around 2005 because I rocked it as a senior in high school.  For some reason the authentic doubled-stitched version didn't sell well.  I copped it off Eastbay when it dropped to $50.
2mgkt3l.jpg

m8nyux.jpg

im07lx.jpg

bdo3tf.jpg

those are both custom. its when the Bulls wore retros in 03-04 and people ordered custom ones made into Jordan off nba.com

the ones released by Nike had the FLIGHT tag underneath.

I'm saying it's not custom though because Eastbay and Footlocker had them up in a FSR for the longest until they marked them down. I didn't go to NBA.com and make this jersey.  Plus I'm pretty sure you are not allowed to personalize a jersey with retired players' names and numbers.  They would have to give them a cut of the sales.

Originally Posted by PLAYOFF12

My friend recently bought this. It looks off to me. He said knows somebody that sells them for $50, which sounds hella fishy. What's the word, NT?

laugh.gif
 I know a bunch of people that have a "homie" who gets jerseys for $50 and I just want to
roll.gif
roll.gif
 and say they're bootleg but I'm not trying to knock the hustle

Originally Posted by Trav T

Plus I'm pretty sure you are not allowed to personalize a jersey with retired players' names and numbers.  They would have to give them a cut of the sales.
this is NOT true, when nike had da contract with da bulls i made a custom white jordan 45 jersey on NBA.com

^^^I see. That's pretty interesting considering sites like mlb shop restrict you from such things. Anyways, my point was that the jersey I have is NOT personalized.

the 8403 jordan jerseys are screened on, as it was during the 80s when jordan wore that jersey (there were many inaccuracies with that remake but at least they did the screenprint). the chicago with the sewn letters is from when the bulls wore that as a retro throwback, and there were custom jordans made.

stores had trouble unloading the chicago script joints, finishline marked the 8403 versions down to $30 at one point (after I had bought if for 80 smh). this was around the time the jersey fad was dying out, i just assumed that they overproduced these jerseys and didn't anticipate the lower demand.

Customs were made by who?
If stores like eastbay had em (I'm surprised I don't remember this), then I'm assuming that whatever company that customized the Nike jerseys made em and then sold them to the stores.  Either that or eastbay/footlocker had them customized themselves.  Remember back then the Bulls were garbage, they were making retail Tyson Chandler jerseys using this style, so they probably figured they could get rid of em if they made Jordans.  

^^^I see. That's pretty interesting considering sites like mlb shop restrict you from such things. Anyways, my point was that the jersey I have is NOT personalized.
i believe you, i used to go to da NBA store and see da wide shoulder black jersey from da bulls with jordan 23 on it for sale..but then again they could've just done a run of some customs right on site for sale.

i want a paul george authentic but cant justify the cost....even at half price  
laugh.gif
i need to start dating a few wealthy women

Anybody got any idea when those Miami Heat HWC jerseys for this season will show up at retail?

Do HWCs usualy go onsale before or after teams play in them?

Anybody got any idea when those Miami Heat HWC jerseys for this season will show up at retail?

now that jersey demand is low who knows if they'll even be available for da public..look at da HWC knicks....
ohwell.gif

Originally Posted by Mr Jordan04

Originally Posted by PLAYOFF12

My friend recently bought this. It looks off to me. He said knows somebody that sells them for $50, which sounds hella fishy. What's the word, NT?

laugh.gif
 I know a bunch of people that have a "homie" who gets jerseys for $50 and I just want to
roll.gif
roll.gif
 and say they're bootleg but I'm not trying to knock the hustle

Yeah, I knew something was fishy from the start.
laugh.gif
I kept asking him who is his "connect", but he couldn't really give me a straight answer. A couple of days later, he texts me saying that he'll sell his to me for $40 because it was too small.
laugh.gif

Asking the good folks of this thread.......Legit?  Is it worth the $75 my man is asking for?  Thanks in advance.

Hello, i have a question about Nike Authentic jersey sizing and this def looks like the best place to ask it. Basically want to know when nike was making the authentics, did they make a size small? or whatever number it would translate to in authentic jersey language (36?). I see size 40 regularly which is a size medium but want to know for sure if 40 was the smallest available that nike made or if in-fact they made size small for their authentics. any help appreciated.

Originally Posted by JOSH4523

Hello, i have a question about Nike Authentic jersey sizing and this def looks like the best place to ask it. Basically want to know when nike was making the authentics, did they make a size small? or whatever number it would translate to in authentic jersey language (36?). I see size 40 regularly which is a size medium but want to know for sure if 40 was the smallest available that nike made or if in-fact they made size small for their authentics. any help appreciated.

If Normal sizes are too big you should try the youth sizes. I wear size S shirts and a youth size XL jersey fits perfect on me. 

Can anyone provide a pic of an authentic Reebok Kobe jersey jocktag? It would be much appreciated.
Edit:  Nevermind, I was able to find it.  Here are some pics for reference.

This is an authentic Reebok jersey jock tag:

29o5uvn.jpg

Now here is the fake.  The borders are too wide, and the stitching is too far on the perimeter.  Notice the improper font on the bottom curve of the number "2" as well:

fjnbkm.jpg

Originally Posted by KayCurrency

My girl just bought these for me for Christmas
happy.gif

Not a jersey, but its a part of the uniform
laugh.gif

IMO Authentic NBA shorts is just as fresh as the jerseys 
pimp.gif

Can anyone provide a pic of an authentic Reebok Kobe jersey jocktag? It would be much appreciated.
Edit:  Nevermind, I was able to find it.  Here are some pics for reference.

This is an authentic Reebok jersey jock tag:

29o5uvn.jpg

Now here is the fake.  The borders are too wide, and the stitching is too far on the perimeter.  Notice the improper font on the bottom curve of the number "2" as well:

fjnbkm.jpg
thats a lil bit too close, a better way to check for fakes that i've always counted on is check da consistency of da tackle twill.

Originally Posted by ninjahood

now that jersey demand is low who knows if they'll even be available for da public..look at da HWC knicks....
ohwell.gif
all the hardwood classic jerseys were for sale last season both swingman and authentic.

Debating on getting an authentiec Brandon Knight, just risky with him being a rookie and those jerseys aren't cheap.

Back
Top Bottom