Official AUTHENTIC NBA JERSEY Post - Bringin Back the JERSEY ERA... (Info/Guide = Page 1)

Damn, thank guys. It looked good I would have bet it was legit. But i didnt even think about the screenprinted name and numbers. The search for a Kemp pro cut continues 

Seems to be happening a lot to me lately. I email them every time and ask them how much they sold it for. The last two people (3 items total) would have got more money (on two of those items) because was planning to bid higher than what they ended it for. email as soon as it goes up and ask them what buy it now is if you really want it because that's what other people are doing.
good to know i'm not the only one. this month alone it's happened 11 times. what's funny is several of the things that were ended early, jerseys4thewin ends up putting up. I'm guessing a lot of it is just him going around and messaging everyone low ball offers to see if anyone takes them. the guy has to be as white as white paint because he seems to never go outside or do anything else besides sit on ebay.

LEGIT or FAKE?

ALSO

Size 40 in Authentics is Equivlient to a size SMALL in Swingmans?

Please Help NT!!

Why would you ask if that's fake? The fake Nike jerseys were never made using that type of NBA Authentics tag. That is an authentic mid 90s jersey with Nike tags that were long since phased out before the fakes flooded the scene.

The legit check questions have derailed this thread.

As far as people ending auctions early, that's their right as a seller. Sometimes you get an offer you can't refuse or the item is going to sell less than what it should sell for. It sucks as I've been on that end, but when I've sold, I completely understand.

Last edited:
Why would you ask if that's fake? The fake Nike jerseys were never made using that type of NBA Authentics tag. That is an authentic mid 90s jersey with Nike tags that were long since phased out before the fakes flooded the scene.

The legit check questions have derailed this thread.

He asked for help tough guy, you are derailing the thread

Go sit down

And you're on my **** in every single thread. I answered his question. Its legit.

There are entirely too many LC questions when you can easily look at them and see if they are real or not. Its turned into a LC thread. Too many obvious fakes being asked if they are real.

Last edited:
And you're on my **** in every single thread. I answered his question. Its legit.

There are entirely too many LC questions when you can easily look at them and see if they are real or not. Its turned into a LC thread.

When was the last time I replied to you? A month ago, you are irrelevant

I can't help you go in every thread and act like an angry (fill in the blank)

Irrelevant on a forum?
laugh.gif

You're a bigger joke than I thought. Cried because people made fun of you over budget baller Range, now this.

And you've been blocked. I don't want to get suspended again.

Last edited:
Regardless of any personal tension, it would be helpful both for the people wanting the legit checks and the people who are annoyed by them if there was a place for legit checks on jerseys that was independent of this thread.

Irrelevant on a forum? :lol:

You're a bigger joke than I thought. Cried because people made fun of you over budget baller Range, now this.

And you've been blocked. I don't want to get suspended again.

Cried? You must have been in the wrong thread and don't worry you'll be banned I see you getting Ethered in that other thread

Back to jerseys

good to know i'm not the only one. this month alone it's happened 11 times. what's funny is several of the things that were ended early, jerseys4thewin ends up putting up. I'm guessing a lot of it is just him going around and messaging everyone low ball offers to see if anyone takes them. the guy has to be as white as white paint because he seems to never go outside or do anything else besides sit on ebay.

ha! very true. he beat me on a couple things lmao. there were some discussions a bunch of pages back on how he would prey on people who put up low buy it now then toss it back up for double or triple.

LEGIT or FAKE?

ALSO

Please Help NT!!
Actually, that Nike jocktag was not introduced until 1999-2000 and it is heavily faked on ebay right now. The listing states it is a 97-98 original authentic which is obviously not true. The jersey however does look like an authentic blank bulls jersey from the same time Jordan played with the Wizards. It was either customized through NBAStore or a very nice job by someone else.

As far as a separate thread for legit checks, I think it would tend to get ignored by veteran collectors. At least here its in front of them and they have the choice to comment. Hopefully people will start to do their own research first.

Last edited:
Got the 25th anniversary patch for my Andersen; goodbye adidas logo...

did you just have it sewn over the adidas logo? I'm wanting to get on as well for my HWC jersey
Yes. The patch is ~2" in diameter, so it covers the adidas logo with room to spare both vertically and horizontally. (It's slightly taller than the logoman, so you shouldn't have any problems covering the logo)

Last edited:
LEGIT or FAKE?

ALSO

Please Help NT!!
Actually, that Nike jocktag was not introduced until 1999-2000 and it is heavily faked on ebay right now. The listing states it is a 97-98 original authentic which is obviously not true. The jersey however does look like an authentic blank bulls jersey from the same time Jordan played with the Wizards. It was either customized through NBAStore or a very nice job by someone else.

As far as a separate thread for legit checks, I think it would tend to get ignored by veteran collectors. At least here its in front of them and they have the choice to comment. Hopefully people will start to do their own research first.

Co-sign both points.

That Nike tag wasn't introduced on authentic jerseys until the 1999-2000 season, and, of course, was phased out when Reebok took over the uniform contract in 2003-04. The jersey is likely a NBA Store customization from that era. In fact, I remember it be a big deal on NT when the NBA Store finally allowed you to add Jordan #23 to Bulls jerseys.

With regard to the latter, folks need to do a bit more research before posting Legit Checks to this thread. Some of the recent LCs have been blatantly fake-- so much so that even amateur eyes could spot it. (Admittedly, there have been a few that were legitimately difficult to decipher.)

Perhaps we could compose a Jersey Guide of some description (with tagging, a few things to look for, differences betweeen Swingmans and Authentics, etc.) to post on the first page of the thread? This would at least be a starting point for the less experienced buyers and maybe reduce some of the sillier LCs.

Last edited:
Went HAM on these...figured I'd share the jersey collection a bit. And this is only a small piece of it. Didn't have enough time to snap all the pics. Enjoy guys!
smokin.gif

Very nice collection of jerseys and kicks. 

People talking about legit checks ruining this post; what about all the swingmans in the authentic jersey thread?

Just saying.
grin.gif

id be down if there was a seperate legit check thread.

thing is....I highly doubt you'd get an answer fast enough.

I feel like I'm being a nuisance when I ask for legit checks |I

Back
Top Bottom