Official AUTHENTIC NBA JERSEY Post - Bringin Back the JERSEY ERA... (Info/Guide = Page 1)

Got this in today s/o to spursnick spursnick for selling it to me.
My first eps mesh jersey. Really like the quality.

Nice Jersey, I was looking at it but M is too tight for me...
Good pick and the best design to me for non-classic Jersey (by classic, I mean Lakers, Celtics, Knicks, etc)

I dont get the opposition to "wearing a jersey like a dress". It may look "dumb" or silly, but thats kinda what you have nowadays with NBA Authentics. I proudly wear my jerseys long, because:

A. Tucking it in looks bizarre

B. If you ever intend to sell it, no one wants an altered  jersey, or at least in experiences I've seen sellers have on eBay...

But just my opinion.

I dont get the opposition to "wearing a jersey like a dress". It may look "dumb" or silly, but thats kinda what you have nowadays with NBA Authentics. I proudly wear my jerseys long, because:
A. Tucking it in looks bizarre
B. If you ever intend to sell it, no one wants an altered  jersey, or at least in experiences I've seen sellers have on eBay...

But just my opinion.

I wear mine arms length. Anything passed that I wouldn't consider wearing.

I've been looking for one of these for years. I had one back in high school that mysteriously vanished when I went off to college. This is a legitimate grail of mine. The only downside was that the material was very fragile. I remember having to cut loose fibers that would appear on the jersey.

$_3.JPG

Last edited:
Jersey Rule No. 3: You may not wear a jersey if somebody else in your group is already wearing one.
That rule was funny to me. I remember back in the day dudes used to roll out DEEP wearing jerseys, lookin' like an NBA photo shoot. 
nthat.gif
 None of my friends were into and are still not into jerseys so I never had to worry about that. 
laugh.gif

none of the tailors i have been to are even willing to attempt to alter my jersey other than cutting length. width wise...they wont touch it. if you guys know anyone that can help, point them my way.

"Jersey Rules" article-http://espn.go.com/espn/story/_/id/7008222/rick-reilly-jersey-rules

a middle aged, hairy, overweight man, never in touch with style and fashion as it directly relates to hip hop inspired styles has no idea what he's talking about.

although i do agree with #6. its silly to me for a person to spend so much on a jersey just because he has made a dope catch or a few cool dunks, you buy his jersey and a year later he's a journeyman has been.

That was one of the worst columns I ever read.. Sounded like a little angry kid who can't get his turbo man...this is what ESPN writers get paid for... And yes I have read some of Rick's columns before and they sound all about the same... Please don't wear it like a dress...

length not bad at all. the cuts on the side help out alot

none of the tailors i have been to are even willing to attempt to alter my jersey other than cutting length. width wise...they wont touch it. if you guys know anyone that can help, point them my way.

What do you have and need done?

Hey guys, could use some help here. I have been wanting a Spirits of St. Louis jersey for the longest. I've come across this jersey. I know Rawlings made the ABA jerseys back in the day, but this is definitely not a Rawlings jersey. I have searched all over to see who "Forney" is. Checked basketball reference and nasljerseys(they have ton of aba info). I even went through the ABA drafts and nothing. I am tempted to get it and try to have the Forney removed and add Malone. I am guessing maybe it is just a random custom. The Fonts and numbers look right. I guess I am just trying to get some second opinions before I get in a bidding war. Any ideas? Worth the $$$?

Hey guys, could use some help here. I have been wanting a Spirits of St. Louis jersey for the longest. I've come across this jersey. I know Rawlings made the ABA jerseys back in the day, but this is definitely not a Rawlings jersey. I have searched all over to see who "Forney" is. Checked basketball reference and nasljerseys(they have ton of aba info). I even went through the ABA drafts and nothing. I am tempted to get it and try to have the Forney removed and add Malone. I am guessing maybe it is just a random custom. The Fonts and numbers look right. I guess I am just trying to get some second opinions before I get in a bidding war. Any ideas? Worth the $$$?
I also came across that jersey and i couldn't find anything either

What do you have and need done?

Length and width I would like it to be the same as one of your 48 m&n DC. Figured it would be easy since its symmetrical...3 different tailors won't touch it.

EPS could probably take care of that for you. They tailored my size 52 Cavs Lebron to a size 40 side panels and all and it came out great. Cost $80 I believe. Pics are maybe 200 pages back in this thread.

Last edited:
EPS could probably take care of that for you. They tailored my size 52 Cavs Lebron to a size 40 side panels and all and it came out great. Cost $80 I believe. Pics are maybe 200 pages back in this thread.
Nipsey3000 Nipsey3000

Honestly this is probably your best bet, especially if you are going to have numbers put on as well. Go 2 for 1.

Anyone ever deal with rtrjersey when trying to sell? I was trying to move my Ray Allen M&N and he lowballed me with the excuse that was all he had to spend. He had one he just flipped for I'm sure what he offered me.

Anyone ever deal with rtrjersey when trying to sell? I was trying to move my Ray Allen M&N and he lowballed me with the excuse that was all he had to spend. He had one he just flipped for I'm sure what he offered me.

he's a liar if he has all them jerseys, but does not have enough to make a decent offer.

You aren't gonna get going rate when selling to him. I've sold all my jerseys to him for the low

Back
Top Bottom