Official Baltimore Orioles 2013 Season Thread: (72-63) 9/02/2013 BAL @ CLE Game 1 of 3 Norris (9-10,

Dat Boh

Jake Arrieta like a boat load of past young Oriole pitchers just doesn't have it. He shows flashes to make you think the kid might have something then he's consistently bad. It's time to cut losses & kick this dude to the curb. He's been given more than enough chances.

Yo JJs07, that Natty Boh can looks nice, but that beer tastes like they saved the piss from the old Halethorpe factory & mixed it in with hops. But then again, I hate American beer. Hope you had a good time at the game.

Jake Arrieta like a boat load of past young Oriole pitchers just doesn't have it. He shows flashes to make you think the kid might have something then he's consistently bad. It's time to cut losses & kick this dude to the curb. He's been given more than enough chances.

Yo JJs07, that Natty Boh can looks nice, but that beer tastes like they saved the piss from the old Halethorpe factory & mixed it in with hops. But then again, I hate American beer. Hope you had a good time at the game.
Just like matusz and tommy hunter they got all the pitches to be a big league starter but always give up that long ball

:lol:

I mean, if you're gonna drink at OPACY, you gotta have the Boh...no matter how bad it tastes :lol:

Had a great time at the game...met Boog Powell also.

*Oh yea...Arietta absolutely sucks. I just don't get him. He'll pitch well for like 3 innings and then implode. It's almost like he has an inevitable mental-block.

Last edited:
Just like matusz and tommy hunter they got all the pitches to be a big league starter but always give up that long ball
Matusz has been pretty good out the bullpen.... Jake Arrieta = Daniel Cabrera  Tommy Hunter = Jorge Juilo

Matusz has been pretty good out the bullpen.... Jake Arrieta = Daniel Cabrera  Tommy Hunter = Jorge Juilo

Ran into Cabrera a few years back at the Potomac Yards movie theater...dude was driving a AM. Joint was FIRE. Eating well off those O's paychecks :lol: Wished he could have panned out. Had all the physical tools to be dominant.

How the hell the O's lose last night ?? :smh: :x

Arietta. Dude was beyond awful yesterday. Had run support and everything :smh:

Ran into Cabrera a few years back at the Potomac Yards movie theater...dude was driving a AM. Joint was FIRE. Eating well off those O's paychecks :lol: Wished he could have panned out. Had all the physical tools to be dominant.
Arietta. Dude was beyond awful yesterday. Had run support and everything :smh:
If only Chen can get that run support he could be a 20 game winner.

Roberts out again hurts the most but totally expected. He should just announce retirement and we just gotta eat up that 10 mil we owe him this year. At least that way we can bring up schoop and/or delmonico who can get the job done. We also have like 5 top pitching prospects at least 2 of them will be called up around allstar break

Anyone catch Showalter's response to Rex Ryan?

Ryan originally said this about the home game not being reschedule making the ratbirds opening their season on the road as superbowl champs

I understand the Orioles are playing a game at home. Well, who really cares? You’ve got 81 of them things at home and maybe you could’ve done the right thing and given one up and played 82 on the road and 80 at home. I really don’t think people are going to care about that game.

Showalter responded saying -

I try to stay out of things I don’t know about. … I would stay in what is my area of supposed expertise..

I loved that he said "supposed expertise". :lol:

Disappointing loss yesterday. Pedro strop needs to get his head out of his ***. Sucks that both the Jankees and Sox are playing so well.

Disappointing loss yesterday. Pedro strop needs to get his head out of his ***. Sucks that both the Jankees and Sox are playing so well.

I concur. Can't keep losing these close games and giving up so many runs. Bad combo, but I like the outcome of the last 10 games.

Shameless plug for my local DMV sports fans:

Please help support and contribute to a great cause! Lend a hand or a signature and share with friends! Your time and efforts are greatly appreciated!

http://www.tinyurl.com/NSASkate

Last edited:
Well think of all the close games we won last year, coulda gone either way. Karma I guess

Karma....in Sports? I think it is just a matter of fine details. Yes we were getting the breaks last year in close games and the timely hit or late inning RBI too. It is still possible to turn that around this year too.

Kevin Gausman first start tonight vs Blue Jays...

Way too early but with all our injuries and sketchy rotation and wada still not 100% there's not much else we can do at this point. Hopefully the jays don't break his confidence

Gausman looked good for his home debut, but still needs more time with his off speed stuff and fastball placements. Can't give up the long ball every game you step up on the mound.

And gj to those classy dudes who tried to kill that Yankees fan way to make us look good :smh:

Gausman looked good for his home debut, but still needs more time with his off speed stuff and fastball placements. Can't give up the long ball every game you step up on the mound.

And gj to those classy dudes who tried to kill that Yankees fan way to make us look good :smh:

Definitely not a good look!

^ That was a great trade. Arrieta & Strop extremely fragile. Feldman has a serviceable ERA @ 3.46. Don't know much about Clevenger other than he's a catcher. Arrieta can revive his career & new surroundings might help him but Strop is done.

Sad that former GM Andy MacPhail couldn't be here to enjoy the success & even sadder Baltimorons don't recognize it was his moves that are the reasons why the team are playing well (along with Buck's managing).

Last edited:
^ That was a great trade. Arrieta & Strop extremely fragile. Feldman has a serviceable ERA @ 3.46. Don't know much about Clevenger other than he's a catcher. Arrieta can revive his career & new surroundings might help him but Strop is done.

Sad that former GM Andy MacPhail couldn't be here to enjoy the success & even sadder Baltimorons don't recognize it was his moves that are the reasons why the team are playing well (along with Buck's managing).
I always thought that Arrieta had good stuff. He just never put it all together. If Feldman can bring that sub 4.00 ERA to the yard I will be very happy.

Back
Top Bottom