Official Baltimore Orioles 2013 Season Thread: (72-63) 9/02/2013 BAL @ CLE Game 1 of 3 Norris (9-10,

I always thought that Arrieta had good stuff. He just never put it all together. If Feldman can bring that sub 4.00 ERA to the yard I will be very happy.

I agree but he was a mental ******. He psyche was so fragile. Buck sat him down & told him how much he means to the O's & how much they will support him. They even sent him to several sports psychologists over the last couple of years & nothings worked.

New surroundings may help Arrieta though. He may even flourish but he was done here no question about it. It's good that we got something out of it. The pitcher the O's got Feldman should do well here especially with the run support the O's will provide.

Feldman isn't a #1 though & that's what the O's need. The bats/hitting is fine though. Pitching, pitching, & more pitching is what we need.

I agree but he was a mental ******. He psyche was so fragile. Buck sat him down & told him how much he means to the O's & how much they will support him. They even sent him to several sports psychologists over the last couple of years & nothings worked.

New surroundings may help Arrieta though. He may even flourish but he was done here no question about it. It's good that we got something out of it. The pitcher the O's got Feldman should do well here especially with the run support the O's will provide.

Feldman isn't a #1 though & that's what the O's need. The bats/hitting is fine though. Pitching, pitching, & more pitching is what we need.
something always went wrong with hime. First time through the line up he would be lights out. Then he would give up 7 runs quick...

I agree we need a #1 starter but too bad we would have to give up Bundy to get one. When Chen gets back that should help. Also Hammel needs to step his game up. Britton had a decent outing vs the Yankees on Saturday I just wish he could have went a little deeper in the game. And given a little more expirence I think that Kevin Gausman's game will turn around as well. He was sharp out of the pen on friday.

Birds spanked that yankee *** this weekend didn't they?!! It was great to see.

Not sure if it was a minor league team playing the nearby Aberdeen Iron Birds or the actual Yankees, but a bunch of guys in Nike yankee gear were working out at the Y I belong to Sat morning. At first I was like damn, there's a lot of yankee fans up in this piece, but then noticed they had numbers on their shirts & shorts so I knew they were players. They finished when I did coincidentally & I saw them get onto a white bus outside.

I really wanted the O's to get Jim Shields whose with KC now... He would've been a stud #1 for us & a proven pitcher in the division since he played so well for the Rays... Oh well..

Our #1 is out there somewhere...

It will be good to get Chen back...

I think I did the first time in may :lol: :smh:

Edit: jones has been slumping at the plate lately. I think he's 1-26 against Danks lifetime now

Last edited:
Hitters will go through slumps. Not too worried, although it does seem like Jones has struggled for periods this year (post new contract no less). Just so long as all our key hitters don't slump at the same time.

Manny's throw to first to get out Luis Cruz at first this past weekend was shades of Brooks! :smokin

Manny's throw to first to get out Luis Cruz at first this past weekend was shades of Brooks!
smokin.gif
So glad Manny is our team!

Keep forgetting there's an O's thread on here. Couple things I've noticed:

1) We leave so many runners on base. I'm sure I'm not the only one who has noticed this, but that's the biggest thing I would like to change.

2) Manny is NASTY, batting and defensively, better than Bryce Harper imo just doesn't have the power which I can do without. That play the other day had me on the sofa like :wow: :wow:

3) Brob has surprised me with his production, didn't think he would play as well as he is. Just hope he can stay healthy. If he can't, it might finally be time to hang it up :frown:

Any body going to the game this Saturday? Free Adam Jones jerseys, replicas, but free is free :pimp:

How did I not know we had a thread? Let's go O's!!!!!

Probably because I have been piss poor at updating it this year...My fault, I was switching jobs/moving, but I am almost settled into my current location....for now.

I'll get back on this and it's good to see the O's and the guys getting well deserved recognition!

Last Season wasn't a fluke or a flash in a pan.

I actually coached the Vienna Orioles and we had a wild season of Babe Ruth 14/15 year old baseball. Season ended a week ago or so. Back to MLB. :smokin

Keep forgetting there's an O's thread on here. Couple things I've noticed:

1) We leave so many runners on base. I'm sure I'm not the only one who has noticed this, but that's the biggest thing I would like to change.

2) Manny is NASTY, batting and defensively, better than Bryce Harper imo just doesn't have the power which I can do without. That play the other day had me on the sofa like
eek.gif
eek.gif

3) Brob has surprised me with his production, didn't think he would play as well as he is. Just hope he can stay healthy. If he can't, it might finally be time to hang it up
frown.gif

Any body going to the game this Saturday? Free Adam Jones jerseys, replicas, but free is free
pimp.gif
I'll be at the game this Saturday. I agree with you about Manny, but dont say that around any Nationals fans they are kinda sensitive. I went to the Orioles vs Nationals game at Nationals park back in May, and man some of their fans hate the Orioles for some reason.

Manny, right now >>>> Harper.

The Harper slurpage in the DMV is crazy. I love watching him play, but a lot of people need to pull the brakes on the hype train for a moment. Driving home from work one day last week, there was a discussion on 980 about comparing Harper to Mickey Mantle. Are you serious???? :lol:

Anyways, this team has to do something about their starting pitching. Feldman is a nice stop-gap and a good end of the rotation type of guy, but we need a TRUE ace. I'm fine w. Tillman, Chen, Gonzalez Feldman...but Jason Hammel needs to go. I guess they're following the Rays blueprint with how they're handling Gausman. He should be our #1 or #2 guy by 2015.

Wish we had 1 pitcher that was capable of giving 7+ solid innings at any giving time....and i get shook when Jim Johnson comes in for a save now :lol: :x

Manny, right now >>>> Harper.

The Harper slurpage in the DMV is crazy. I love watching him play, but a lot of people need to pull the brakes on the hype train for a moment. Driving home from work one day last week, there was a discussion on 980 about comparing Harper to Mickey Mantle. Are you serious????
laugh.gif

Anyways, this team has to do something about their starting pitching. Feldman is a nice stop-gap and a good end of the rotation type of guy, but we need a TRUE ace. I'm fine w. Tillman, Chen, Gonzalez Feldman...but Jason Hammel needs to go. I guess they're following the Rays blueprint with how they're handling Gausman. He should be our #1 or #2 guy by 2015.
What's up with the Wada guy I keep hearing about? Will he ever play for us? I would give Hammel's spot to Steve Johnson when he gets back

:smokin :smokin :smokin

Thank you Andy MacPhail. Baltimorons did nothing but complain when you were here. Sorry you're not here to enjoy the fruits of your labor. Oh, yeah thanks for Chris Davis & Manny Muchado too.

I swear, Baltimorons hatin' on Adam Jones like they did with Joe Flacco. He's always been an undisciplined hitter prone to bad streaks. Nothing new folks. He'll be fine.

:lol: @ Wada...

:smokin :smokin :smokin

Thank you Andy MacPhail. Baltimorons did nothing but complain when you were here. Sorry you're not here to enjoy the fruits of your labor. Oh, yeah thanks for Chris Davis & Manny Muchado too.

I swear, Baltimorons hatin' on Adam Jones like they did with Joe Flacco. He's always been an undisciplined hitter prone to bad streaks. Nothing new folks. He'll be fine.

:lol: @ Wada...

Exactly....Love Him, Hate Him, Love Him Again Only To Hate Him Some More And Maybe Love Him Once More When He Succeeds.

What up Jesus?!?! Hope all is well... Did you move to the west coast or something?

As far as The Birds, Buck & staff should work on hitting mechanics with Wieters. He's had or developed a loopy kind of swing that make him lose power in his hitting. They gotta work with Jones also to make him less prone to swinging at sinkers the way he does. That's what is killing him & pitchers are starting know that now.

What up Jesus?!?! Hope all is well... Did you move to the west coast or something?

As far as The Birds, Buck & staff should work on hitting mechanics with Wieters. He's had or developed a loopy kind of swing that make him lose power in his hitting. They gotta work with Jones also to make him less prone to swinging at sinkers the way he does. That's what is killing him & pitchers are starting know that now.

I have a pending move to Sacramento (7/18), but FEMA took their sweet time adjudicating my clearance and I have other new offers in the area outside of my current job. Just wanted a change and something different so I should know about that shortly. I did move though and have been busy fixing up this new house in a "nicer" part of town, ha.

Good to see the O's get the W last night!

Back
Top Bottom