Official Baseball ~ "2007 HOT STOVE"~ Post vol. AROD's a YANKEE !!!!

Damn, Bora$ is gonna take a L.
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by WstCoastGotti

did he sign? i cant find it confirmed anywhere

He didn't sign yet but he will and the deal will be a reported 10yr $275million dollar deal. And yes Scott Bora$ feels like crap right now since Arodfinally took the Scott Bora$ leash off his neck.

Originally Posted by fenixconnexion

whats up with the manny picture? it has the ebay pic logo in the corner

The grill he's standing next to was sold on Ebay by him.

laugh.gif
Yankees fans gonna be singing a new A-Rod tune if he re-signs...Yall dudes on here were ready to put in a call and have this man's head cut offbecause he opted out.

The Yankees need Alex Rodriguez, and they're backing off this "No negotiations if he opts out!" BS because they know it.

Originally Posted by Nowitness41Dirk

laugh.gif
Yankees fans gonna be singing a new A-Rod tune if he re-signs...Yall dudes on here were ready to put in a call and have this man's head cut off because he opted out.

The Yankees need Alex Rodriguez, and they're backing off this "No negotiations if he opts out!" BS because they know it.
I'm one of them, i was pissed when i heard 350 million, not willing to talk to yankees, etc. But if it's true the Yankees did this deal withminimal Boras involvement and on 'our' terms then i'm happy.

Originally Posted by Nowitness41Dirk

laugh.gif
Yankees fans gonna be singing a new A-Rod tune if he re-signs...Yall dudes on here were ready to put in a call and have this man's head cut off because he opted out.

"Not I" said the cat
laugh.gif
. This is my dream come true! But Ido remember seen quite abit of negtivity when he opted out as if him doing so was ridiculous. It was expected imo.

As a Yankees fan, I'm glad to have him back, but I'm glad it's for less than what we put on the table initally.

Was I pissed he opted out? Yes. But happier we resigned Jorge and Mo. Alex was an after thought. I'm sure most Yankees fans will tell you that.

So we're not exactly "changing our tune." It's more like "wow, great, welcome back....now get on base during the post season."

And don't get it twisted, if you're wearing pinstripes, we've got your back. No matter who you are. So yea, welcome back.

SMH at any team giving Andruw Jones $160 million honestly
This is the first time I hear Andruw getting that much, both in years and in amount of dough. The number being thrown around these parts is 5years at $90 million. Roughly 18 million per, good offer for a player of his caliber.

I heard the Bedard rumor, and I could see it happening, we have a lot of good position players that are major league ready but have nowhere to play: Young, Hu,La Roche, Ethier/Kemp (If we go for Jones). The O's need players period, and the Dodgers are going hard at Jones. As good as it would be to get Miggy, hecommands too much. Sure we have a lot of position players, but the Marlins want arms. They want to fleece teams like they fleeced the Mets for Scott Kazmir.Someone is going to bite, but teams with a good front office won't make the deal. I could see him landing with the Angels, now that they missed out onA-Rod. The Marlins will have to lower their asking price, I don't think the Angels are willing to give up Adenhart, Wood, Kendrick and Napoli/Mathis.

As for the Dodgers, I don't think they were serious about A-Rod. Too much money, too much headache. I think the only serious buyers in the A-Rodsweepstakes were the Yanks and the Angels.

Pierre is moving to left, so expect a run at Jones or Rowand (CSUF). The options for 3B will be filled from within, maybe give La Roche another shot since heis on a tear. I could also see them going after Scott Rolen, but only if the Cards pay for a portion of his contract.

We'll see what happens, the "Hot Stove" isn't that hot at the moment. First two weeks of December.

I'm just glad the Dodgers didnt waste the chip.
I agree, great player, too much money.

roll.gif
@ the change in tone from Yankee "Universe". Fanatic wasready to throw her "favorite" team under a bus.

Report: A-Rod plan to go around Boras came from Buffett

Associated Press

Updated: November 17, 2007, 1:09 PM ET

* Comment
* Email
* Print

NEW YORK -- Warren Buffett advised Alex Rodriguez to approach the New York Yankees and go around agent Scott Boras, The Wall Street Journal reported Saturday.

The newspaper cited a person familiar with the matter, whom it did not identify.

"A-Rod really loves being a Yankee," Buffett was quoted as saying. He wouldn't comment on the substance of any discussions with the player.

The two became friends several years ago.

Rodriguez, on Boras' advise, opted out of the final three seasons of his record $252 million, 10-year contract on Oct. 28. The Yankees had said many timesthat if he opted out, they wouldn't negotiate because they would lose $21.3 million from Texas for the final three seasons that was agreed to at the timeof the 2004 trade, money to offset the $72 million New York owed from 2008-10.

Upset with developments after he opted out, Rodriguez contacted Buffett, and the investor told him to approach the Yankees without his agent, the Journal said.

After speaking with the investor, Rodriguez contacted a managing director at Goldman Sachs that he knew, John Mallory, who then got in touch with GeraldCardinale, a Goldman Sachs managing director who has worked with the Yankees and their YES Network.

With the assistance of the two Goldman executives, Rodriguez and the Yankees negotiated a $275 million, 10-year contract that is in the process of beingfinalized.

Back
Top Bottom