OFFICIAL BASKETBALL VIDEO GAME THREAD || NBA 2K24 OUT NOW; PREPARE YOUR BARBIES ACCORDINGLY

The stamina cheesing this year smh, cant play with top heavy teams.

Been missing wide open layups and threes Idk reserving judgement until I played more.

Wasn’t going to grab the game this early, but i randomly saw it in Walmart for $10 below retail.
D2B6798A-60E2-40FD-8522-BA4371A2A174.jpeg

I'd cop it for 10. not 10 below. 10.

The stamina cheesing this year smh, cant play with top heavy teams.

Been missing wide open layups and threes Idk reserving judgement until I played more.
Do you have any video evidence of missing wide open layups?

If not, I would start recording stuff like that so the 2K Devs can see it.

This is why I never trust folks when they say "Wide Open" layups.

Not sure how this is wide open. This isn't even OPEN.

@enphan Your folks man

2K has backed themselves into a corner that THEY could have prevented.

These damn Green Releases for shots that aren't Perfect Releases and WIDE OPEN (uncontested) are giving people false hope since people believe all Greens should go in. (I get why people feel that way). But that is on 2K.

A shot should NOT be green if it is contested and/or not a perfect release. (If it is going to remain a THING)

Just take it back to the days where people's releases mattered and not all this HANdicapped nonsense with the damn shot meter.

As someone only plans to play H2H games and maybe some career mode or association or whatever it's called, how is it overall? I'm not worried about MyPlayer or any of the park stuff.

You get punished for sure in trying to steal/swipe more than in 2k19.

Definitely puts you out of position.

I love it, I can't speak for anyone else but so far I like the gameplay in this 2k its the best we've gotten since '16 gameplay wise. Outside of the terrible server issues, and rep glitches that make people not get progress there is a definite skill gap this year. I hit 90 Ovr and Allstar 1 on my playshot Pg and went 26-0 in the rec this weekend. We couldn't get team pro-am to work so we had to settle for just for the rec. Badges are game changers the first couple games I played I couldn't hit a jumper to save my life but once I got Quickdraw up to silver I've been greening everything. It's so many people complaining because their getting exposed. Guards who thought they were good can't just rhythm dribble back and forth anymore, locks can't spam square because it puts you out of position (AS IT SHOULD) and shooters need to know their release and take good shots. Our PG has already added HOF Floor general and it turned everyone on the court into a shooter. Inside players do seem a little OP right now but lets wait until defenders get their rim protector and defensive badges upgraded before we make that judgement. To me right now the gameplay resembles real basketball a lot more than it has the past couple years.

Been playing with my cousin's console since I dont have one currently. Yeah might have worded that wrong not wide open but layups with minimal defense. Yeah same as the one posted above. Maybe if I adjusted on the new gameplay I would only complain about the stamina. Played with Rockets on 6 mins per quarter and I was staggering Westbrook and Harden's minute prob rested them 5 mins each, basically a quarter's worth and they were both still drained in the fourth with 2 mins left.

As someone only plans to play H2H games and maybe some career mode or association or whatever it's called, how is it overall? I'm not worried about MyPlayer or any of the park stuff.
A big thing is not able to customize MyGM anymore. Can't edit accessories, positions, quarter length (capped at 6 min) etc. You take it as is. Can't actually play a game either, at least not initially. You have spend Action Points to play the game. I'm sure there's stuff I'm missing. They basically changed myGM around completely, which isn't going too well online

MyLeague is similar to myGM without the myGM tasks. You manage but don't really interact with the team. And you can customize.

But they did add a wonderful leader board for myGM. Now you can compare yourself against the very same people you don't want to play with. :smile:

1D1EDEAB-B33B-47B6-98D9-97F7E6CB0B58.png
Hmmm so #Fix2k20 been trending worldwide all last night into this morning

Influencers who are paid are even getting fed up lolol

The loading times this year are absurd

1B4D330B-D476-4010-9CE0-F14E20ABAD96.png

Last edited:
lol at all of the 2K influencers getting caught in the crossfire. Man let those kids build up their stock so they can make more money via Twitch/YouTube & get a spot on 2Ks pro am league. :lol:

imagine being Ronnie2K waking this morning to see the entire world wants you fired over a video game :lol::lol:
Yea imagine someone that doesn't work on the game being told they should be fired.

I swear Twitter is funny man. :lol:

lol at all of the 2K influencers getting caught in the crossfire. Man let those kids build up their stock so they can make more money via Twitch/YouTube & get a spot on 2Ks pro am league. :lol:

Yea, as if they work on the game. :lol:

People are funny man. Blaming "influencers" :lol:

as they should...

got people out here grinding 12min HOF quarters but lagging out at the end or just not getting ANY XP at all.. what a waste

homie just hit me said "Yo this 7'3 center was just running like Usain Bolt" lolol

as they should...

got people out here grinding 12min HOF quarters but lagging out at the end or just not getting ANY XP at all.. what a waste

homie just hit me said "Yo this 7'3 center was just running like Usain Bolt" lolol

Finally had a good basketball game that was somewhat realistic. And they ruin it by buffing speed.

agree.. the park speed to me felt great and very realistic

for them to up the speed just seems like it caters to the dribble gods now and the stretch bigs again who just run back and forth waiting to get open, was no need for it at all

should be fixing the damn servers instead

Back
Top Bottom