Official BBQ thread

I think I'm ready for a full sized brisket after those beef ribs.
One thing I learned is smoking like that is definitely an event that would have been better spent sitting around family and friends laughing & drinking
Gonna try to shape up my backyard and get some stuff to trap or get rid of the flies so it's a more social spot
Gonna convert my small smoker into a fire pit and get some chairs so we can sit in the backyard and really enjoy ourselves

Is that time and temp right? Seems really high and really long.

that's how I cooked it. It dipped down below 400 to about 325 for about an hour or so when the coals got a clumped. When I realized that I spread them out and it popped back up to 400
But yea, I said to myself that I prob overcooked em a lil bit.

that's how I cooked it. It dipped down below 400 to about 325 for about an hour or so when the coals got a clumped. When I realized that I spread them out and it popped back up to 400
But yea, I said to myself that I prob overcooked em a lil bit.
They look like they turned out real good, at least now I know beef ribs can take a higher temp. I did my last rack at 250-275 for about 6 hours

They look like they turned out real good, at least now I know beef ribs can take a higher temp. I did my last rack at 250-275 for about 6 hours

They were good, just wish I had an appetite when they were ready to eat. Idk what it was but I just felt full even though I hadn't eaten since noon and finished up around 5-6ish
Also gotta find some bigger pieces of wood to use instead of chunks. What kind of wood do y'all use?

How did they come out?
They came out really good. Nice smoke flavor, tender but not falling off the bone and juicy. Hot sauce/Worcestershire binder with SPG rub (First pic is blurry since its a screenshot of a video)
IMG_1759.PNG
IMG_1701.JPG
IMG_1702.JPG

They were good, just wish I had an appetite when they were ready to eat. Idk what it was but I just felt full even though I hadn't eaten since noon and finished up around 5-6ish
Also gotta find some bigger pieces of wood to use instead of chunks. What kind of wood do y'all use?

I'm the same way, by the time I'm finished cooking I feel full even though I haven't really eaten during the day, idk what it is about cooking that does that for me. For wood I just recently started using store bought chunks to try it out. I used to use chips but they got annoying. There's a place a few miles from me that has seasoned wood splits, I might need to buy a trunk full and cut them down to a preferred size.

I'm the same way, by the time I'm finished cooking I feel full even though I haven't really eaten during the day, idk what it is about cooking that does that for me. For wood I just recently started using store bought chunks to try it out. I used to use chips but they got annoying. There's a place a few miles from me that has seasoned wood splits, I might need to buy a trunk full and cut them down to a preferred size.

Yours looked good too, mine looked a bit meatier so that's may account for the time difference
I also started with the chips and man they are the "worst" every 5 or so minutes needing more wood. The chunks lasted about 30-45 min. I'm sure I can do the same with splits but just won't be able to get a truck full lol

Yours looked good too, mine looked a bit meatier so that's may account for the time difference
I also started with the chips and man they are the "worst" every 5 or so minutes needing more wood. The chunks lasted about 30-45 min. I'm sure I can do the same with splits but just won't be able to get a truck full lol

Yeah I bought the 4 pack of beef ribs from costco and they looked meaty, but once I cut open the pack there was a bunch of fat that needed to be trimmed. They put the nice ones on the front :lol:. I use a WSM so I bury chunks in the charcoal, so it lets out smoke in intervals. But i've only done around 3-4 cooks using that method so I'm still getting the hang of it. I'm kinda mad I passed on a slightly used Yoder Cheyenne with all the options a few months ago.

Yeah I bought the 4 pack of beef ribs from costco and they looked meaty, but once I cut open the pack there was a bunch of fat that needed to be trimmed. They put the nice ones on the front :lol:. I use a WSM so I bury chunks in the charcoal, so it lets out smoke in intervals. But i've only done around 3-4 cooks using that method so I'm still getting the hang of it. I'm kinda mad I passed on a slightly used Yoder Cheyenne with all the options a few months ago.

I'm still learning how to stack my coal. Gonna start cooking on my grill more often
Going grocery shopping tonight and gonna try to keep myself below budget on my meats but also try to get a variety

I've done smoked wings a few times and I'm not in love with how they came out when cooked under 350, so might try to do em again at 400 or higher so that they are crispier

I'm still learning how to stack my coal. Gonna start cooking on my grill more often
Going grocery shopping tonight and gonna try to keep myself below budget on my meats but also try to get a variety

I've done smoked wings a few times and I'm not in love with how they came out when cooked under 350, so might try to do em again at 400 or higher so that they are crispier
What setup do you use for smoking?
I did smoked wings only like 4 times, first time was great they were nice and crispy. Every time after that was a disaster, my wsm doesn't reach 400 and struggles to get to 350 so I think that might be it. I've heard smoked then fried wings are really good though, haven't tried it yet.

What setup do you use for smoking?
I did smoked wings only like 4 times, first time was great they were nice and crispy. Every time after that was a disaster, my wsm doesn't reach 400 and struggles to get to 350 so I think that might be it. I've heard smoked then fried wings are really good though, haven't tried it yet.

I have an offset smoker so right now I start my coal in my chimney then drop em in the small barrel and put the wood chunks right in the middle
Last time I cooked em I only got it up to like 350
Idk about the smoked then fried but I had some smoked buffalo wings with the buffalo sauce mixed with bbq sauce and they were great

That ain't bad, need to run some one time

I have an offset smoker so right now I start my coal in my chimney then drop em in the small barrel and put the wood chunks right in the middle
Last time I cooked em I only got it up to like 350
Idk about the smoked then fried but I had some smoked buffalo wings with the buffalo sauce mixed with bbq sauce and they were great

That ain't bad, need to run some one time

you pay for the bone lol just like em for special occasions

btw yallL

costco has NY strips for 11.99 (fave cut to eat daily)

https://slickdeals.net/f/13133326-u...-lb-costco-b-m-great-father-s-day-idea?page=3

Back
Top Bottom