Official BBQ thread

Yeah pork belly does not = lechon :lol:

Anyone try to make chicharron?

This is how i want to do it, ive never attempted to do it tho.
Is this achievable on a smoker wit light smoke and mostly heat?

Last edited:
pork belly = LECHON

that is all i know.
Not the same
Yeah pork belly does not = lechon
laugh.gif

I thought deep fried pork belly is simply Lechon Kawali? 

It is but "Lechon" itself for Filipinos is the whole roasted pig... 

Now grilled pork belly is more know as "Liempo"
Ahh there you go. I figured Lechon is referred to the whole.

A few cooks I've done this year so far, my main woods are a mix of Hickory, Apple, Pecan and Alder

What do you do to prep your wings? I did Wings for the first time last weekend and the skin was chewy as ****, but the meat under the skin was cooked perfectly. Brine? Higher temp to finish?

On another note, I used my offset smoker picked up at home depot for like 200 bucks, and it's a piece of ****. I should have known better. Looks like it's back to bge only now until I buy a higher quality offset. Do not buy cheap smokers, people! I think the weber smokey mountain is prob the best bang for ur buck.

Last edited:
@Cards93  For wings I just throw a dry rub on them. Whole chicken I usually inject them, havent tried to brine one yet

Yeah I do a higher temp at finishing time to try and get crispier skin, I pull the chicken off before it reaches finished time like maybe 15 degrees before it's done and put it in the oven at like 350, putting butter on the skin helps too

Looking to get a charcoal grill to have with my gas grill. Are the Weber grills worth the extra $? Saw the ones that are like $150- $200

Looking to get a charcoal grill to have with my gas grill. Are the Weber grills worth the extra $? Saw the ones that are like $150- $200
Webbers are dope. Wich one you lookin at? Anything is better then gas on the coo.

yo this is like the complete meal for me. protein, grainy carb and a side of veggie (fibre). 
pimp.gif

Last edited:
When grillin steak do you use, wood chips or just charcoal?

Mesquite or oak LUMP charcoal. Lump charcoal is the way to go.

Yo aint you from Missouri?
I see a lot of cats up there use rockwood charcoal. Sposed to be real good.

Last edited:
When grillin steak do you use, wood chips or just charcoal?
just charcoal

Yep, grilling over wood chips makes things bitter - that's why if you're smoking like that you only want the chips there the first couple hours.

Obviously that's different if you're straight smoking the meat - but that's proper smoking not woodchips.

Back
Top Bottom