Official BBQ thread

Do you have one there every time you grill?
If I am cooking anything in my "oven" that makes me put the top on for an extended period of time, YES.

If I am cooking a steak or something, I don't NEED to but I still do. I got a Little Loaf Pan from The $1 Dollar Tree and use that.

Sometimes I throw citrus peels in the water as well. Not sure if it really does anything but I do it.

This website is a great resource. Study it, learn about fire and zone cooking.

How to Control Temperature with Indirect Cooking and The 2-Zone Setup for BBQ https://amazingribs.com/more-techni...p-and-firing/how-control-temperature-indirect

Should I leave the water pan even if I’m not smoking? Cooking steak indirect tomorrow
I like my Steaks Medium.

So I sear first and let my steaks and then I move them to the indirect side to get some smokes/indirect cooking with the lid ON to reach the desired Temp. (I use woodchips during that smoking process: Soak them first)

So yes, I personally use a water pan in that situation as well.

Again, I am using a Weber Kettle.

Father’s Day dinner. Prime Sirloin, shrimp, bacon wrapped asparagus, and some smoked potatoes.
341DC8EC-B23A-4C2B-BA98-9EEC577D4409.jpeg
B6E90CE0-9F57-4F56-B7E6-E54C490107DB.jpeg
335CACF3-CCDF-4462-8F64-27399AA017DB.jpeg

When you said STEAK, I was thinking you were talking about a thicker piece of steak. Ribeye or something.

Honestly, if you are doing a SKirt Steak, you minus whale just cook that on the damn chimney.

Usually a strict charcoal guy but gas has been calling me due to convenience with a kid now.

Weber Spirit ii e310 on sale at target. 30% off + if can find it.

Big green egg worth it?

Worth every penny. My XL BGE is the best grill/smoker I've ever owned. Thing retains heat in the winter which means year-round cooks. I smoke turkeys and ribs at Thanksgiving. I probably use it at least 4 days a week which is a huge help to my wife as we split the cooking duties. Getting some more XL BGE accessories for my Bday on the 5th.

Usually a strict charcoal guy but gas has been calling me due to convenience with a kid now.

Weber Spirit ii e310 on sale at target. 30% off + if can find it.

Depending on what you cook, might want to check out pellet grills. All the convenience of gas plus smoke from burning wood.

I agree, sometimes I want to cook-out but I don't feel like dealing with the maintenance of the Charcoals.

I Might try and find a Hank Hill :smh:

I’m a charcoal guy through and through. Won’t even consider gas. To me, food cooked on a gas grill always has a certain gas taste to it..no matter what. I may look into a pellet grill at some point though.

Worth every penny. My XL BGE is the best grill/smoker I've ever owned. Thing retains heat in the winter which means year-round cooks. I smoke turkeys and ribs at Thanksgiving. I probably use it at least 4 days a week which is a huge help to my wife as we split the cooking duties. Getting some more XL BGE accessories for my Bday on the 5th.

I had my mind set on a Traeger, but after reading so many praises bout BGE I’m starting to reconsider. I need to do more researcher on BGE.

I’m a charcoal guy through and through. Won’t even consider gas. To me, food cooked on a gas grill always has a certain gas taste to it..no matter what. I may look into a pellet grill at some point though.

I need to cop a pellet grill to try. Would be nice to use for a smoker.

Back
Top Bottom