Official BBQ thread

I do NOT like crock pot ribs lol. I want a tender clean bite thru rib. Basically when I pick them up with tongs I grab them the long way and I pick up little over half,the part that hangs tears but doesn't fall apart that's it. I don't like to dry or tough they gotta have some tenderness but just a tad bit of "bark" on surface.
Yea I view crockpot ribs the same as pulled pork with bones present

if a crock pot is all you have then you gotta try to make it work.  But if youve got something better to cook them on, you better not be using  a damn crockpot.

shes pretty spot on with most of them 
laugh.gif

One thing that i think is vital, that most people dont have, is an instant read thermo.  Thermpen probably the best money i ever spent on a cooking tool, besides for maybe my rice cooker.  
laugh.gif

Seeing foil on grills probably annoy me more than anything she listed. I am like, what is the poont

The only thing I use a thermometer on is chicken. Pork, beef, and seafood I just know by how it looks if it's right and if I'm smoking I'm going by time and color. Chicken I use thermometer so I can pull it off soon as it hits 165 lol I'm not good with chicken by sight.

What kind of spot was that chick at? They straight TRIPPIN!!

Gonna get some Pork Belly poppin tomorrow

Maaaannnnm let me know how this goes. I got a few days off next month and thats my plan to smoke pork belly. Im doin burgers right now but got brisket, ribs, chicken, burnt ends, sausage and smoked skrimps lined up next month.

Gona find time to do the pork belly if you have any tips after the smoke please shoot em this way.

I don't need a thermometer at all.
Use the kitchen oven in the dorm.
I didn't really notice this until I saw ppl grill in public parks.
yeah youre full of ****. Majority of respectable pitmasters will tell you a thermometer is absolutely key to perfect bbq. But you must knwo best wit your struggle ribs up there. :rofl:

I don't need a thermometer at all.
Use the kitchen oven in the dorm.
I didn't really notice this until I saw ppl grill in public parks.
yeah youre full of ****. Majority of respectable pitmasters will tell you a thermometer is absolutely key to perfect bbq. But you must knwo best wit your struggle ribs up there. :rofl:
I don't give a **** what a "pitmaster" has to say. I aint never claimed to be one either.

You sound full of ****. The thermometer must make you feel more secure when you're grilling.

Let me enjoy my struggle ribs:

View media item 2440751View media item 2440752

Last edited:
I don't give a **** what a "pitmaster" has to say. I aint never claimed to be one either.

You sound full of ****. The thermometer must make you feel more secure when you're grilling.

Your ribs look like you heated this up.

cable%252520guy%252520ribs.jpg

And your real ignorant for talking down on thermometers. Not only is it food safety, but it lets you know when your food is done to your preference. If your grilling chicken and beef some might not know when its done, thats what a thermometer is for.

When your doing long cooks you NEED to know your pit/food temp. Its mandatory.

Dont come in this thread with your struggle pre cooked ribs.

Why you think from the last post you posted pics went 6 days before anyone posted in here again. And it wasnt about what you posted. FOH.

Last edited:
What kind of spot was that chick at? They straight TRIPPIN!!

Gonna get some Pork Belly poppin tomorrow

Maaaannnnm let me know how this goes. I got a few days off next month and thats my plan to smoke pork belly. Im doin burgers right now but got brisket, ribs, chicken, burnt ends, sausage and smoked skrimps lined up next month.

Gona find time to do the pork belly if you have any tips after the smoke please shoot em this way.

Man first time doing it, I was watching one of Malcolm's vids on it the other day

Im gonna go a basic rub and smoke to pull

I def. wanna do a cure and make some bacon slices next time

Your ribs look like you heated this up.

cable%252520guy%252520ribs.jpg
I'm not sure what that is.

When I buy ribs they usually look like this before I season them:

f34e9843f2c2a8d15afcbdb8917a4f67d7963ddc

And your real ignorant for talking down on thermometers.
When did I do that?

Or do you really feel that way and offended cuz I said I don't use thermometers? :lol: How are you this touchy?

Dont come in this thread with your struggle pre cooked ribs.
I cook my ribs on a grill.

I don't know what pre cooked ribs are. You mean like I bought ribs from a bbq spot and just warmed them up?

Why you think from the last post you posted pics went 6 days before anyone posted in here again. And it wasnt about what you posted. FOH.
You keeping track :lol: Last post was ribs..

I'll keep posting for you though.

Last edited:
Malcom is that dude. He just got 1st place today on beef in memphis in may.

Was it hard for you to find a pork belly? What size you got?

I'm not sure what that is.
When did I do that?

Or do you really feel that way and offended cuz unsaid I don't use thermometers? :lol: How are you this touchy?
I cook my ribs on a grill.

I don't know what pre cooked ribs are. You mean like I bought ribs from a bbq spot and just warmed them up?
You keeping track :lol:

I'll keep posting for you though.

Pendejo.

And nah dont keep posting. Your spitting fake game and backing it up with some stuggle pics. No grill shots, no smoke rings, no real pit method, ol medium rare chicken cooked *** ***** cuz thermostats are for weenies.

You edited your post.

Your ribs look boiled. The color before the sauce and after the sauce is a DEAD giveaway. You got no real color and you drench it in sauce trying to add flavor. You fakin the funk.

Last edited:
You really are offended aren't you?

You aint even the original person that overreacted and came at me when I said I don't use thermometers.

And nah dont keep posting.
For you.
Your spitting fake game
When did this start?
ol medium rare chicken cooked
What are you talking about?

You've never cooked chicken without a thermometer and been able to tell when it's cooked properly? :lol:

Medium rare chicken? How long does it usually take to cook a chicken in the same heat for it to be done? Some of this **** should be known from experience.

cuz thermostats are for weenies.
I get it now. You use a thermometer for everything, probably even your toast and are extremely sensitive about grilling.

So when I said I don't use it, you took that as an insult and are apparently really hurt about it. You're even making **** up about things I've never said. When did I even imply you're a weeny for using a thermometer?

If you use thermometers for everything that's fine b. Nothing is wrong with it.

Why is this a sensitive subject for you? To react this way cuz I said I don't use them? :nerd:

Last edited:
You edited your post.
To add a pic?

Your ribs look boiled.
I've never boiled ribs. Not that I think it's some kind of insult if you do.

Not cuz I have made up rules about grilling but cuz it just seems like way too much work to grill something as simple as ribs. Not in to that sous vide **** either.

I've had a gas grill and ol regular one back when I used tons of coal.

The color before the sauce and after the sauce is a DEAD giveaway.
I get that you want to go hard on this but nah. The two pics I posted are from two separate days with two different flavors of bbq. If you go back to my last post I posted a pic of the ribs in the 2nd pic while they were on the grill.

You got no real color and you drench it in sauce trying to add flavor. You fakin the funk.
I get it, the whole thermometer thing really set you off so you feel amped enough to go hard on this whole grilling thing :lol:

Thing is I cook my food in (multiple ways) so that they taste good to me. I don't particularly put pride in it. So silly things like if I boiled ribs or not is irrelevant. If I did I would say I did.

As for the sauce, we can go to the food thread and you'd know I like my sauces. My ribs taste good just with the seasoning but I also mix together my own bbq sauce that has a distinct flavor that I really like so I use a lot of it.

Also how can you not tell the ribs without sauce and the ribs with sauce are 2 different racks? I mean the ribs in the second pic has a bit more char on one piece. Sauce can't make ribs look that dark :lol:

I'll cop some more ribs this week and maybe I'll take extra pics throughout my entire process just for you.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom