Official BBQ thread

Beautiful Day in SD put some baby backs on the grill.

20221029_132310.jpg

Mane whats poppin in SD? I’m trying get into some action besides the beach :lol:

Nice meats btw (pause)

Bro...I'm 40, married with kids...

Only thing I know is the beach and this grill...lol

Downtown ain't what it used to be. Hillcrest is coo but if LGBTQ bothers you, don't go.

There are a few jazz spots and some nice lounges my single friends tell me about...but I'm washed. Lol

Salt+Smoke always pops up in my DoorDash app when scrolling spots

I didn't even know you could get stuff shipped thru the app like that

Prices are crazy crazy though
SmartSelect_20221106_132653_DoorDash.jpg
Im assuming you are in the stl area, should give em a shot , its good food

Smoked a turkey and a pork loin yesterday (couldn’t get as big a turkey as I wanted and it’s no effort to throw something else in there).

My only issue is that I sliced the tip off my heat proof glove - really annoyed as they were larger than average and quite expensive. If I get a new pair at least I have a spare…

Meat Church rubs are a staple. Holy Voodoo has been our go-to for wings. Marinade in Wickers overnight, toss in Holy Voodoo, grill or smoke and they are good to go.

Sometimes we mix in the Honey Bacon BBQ or Hot Honey Hog if we want some sweetness.

Briefly tried making my own rubs but there are so many options out there I just don’t think its worth it. Unless you have patience or a very particular palate.

Yeah, keep hearing good things about Holy Voodoo, so finally had to pick it up. Already almost went through a bottle of Killer Hogs regular BBQ rub, but saw the hot version so picked that up to try too

Back
Top Bottom