*Official BIG K.R.I.T.***New Album***:: "KRIT IZ HERE" OUT JULY 12 2019!! "KRIT HERE" OUT NOW!!!

Bought the Deluxe version with Let It Show from Best Buy and gave my deluxe that came with the skully to my sis. Album is selling well in Houston it seems, or he was indeed under shipped. Had to go to three Best Buys to find it. The Best Buy in east Houston said they sold out earlier in the week, and the one in Humble only had 1 left, but it was cracked to hell. Ended up finding one in Atascocita.

There was only 4-5 copies on the shelf in my Best Buy last week when I bought it. My friend who works there said me and him were the only ones who bought the album

like someone else asked, why is the needle drop review even on the wiki page lol.... he isnt a major critic at all

I have mainly been checking metacrtic and they are tracking the major reviews

Passed my math test

Copped the BB version

Got a 2 piece at Popeyes

Works chill af

cant tell me nothin right now :pimp:

TWO FIFTEEEEENS

As soon as i got my math test, i thought of this post. Did good, went and copped the album, after first listen. Album is good. Need to give it more spins to get it better

So dissaponted for krit that this album only forecasted to do 35k how can def jam do this and undership his project?

Yet this cat logic (who is nice) is getting all the backing and love smh

Last edited:
I think deep down we all knew this wasnt gonna be a hot seller, but 35k is pretty sad. I doubt KRIT will ever be the type of rapper that tops the Billboard charts. As long as his shows sell out well I think he will be ok

I
I think deep down we all knew this wasnt gonna be a hot seller, but 35k is pretty sad. I doubt KRIT will ever be the type of rapper that tops the Billboard charts. As long as his shows sell out well I think he will be ok

Ive had a cjance to attend his last 2 in the bay area and i could see improvement in his stage presence.

I will continue to support.

Honestly this was the only album i legit bought had to go to rasputins after frys and bestbuy and target had nothing and ive only gon to his concerts.

I
Ive had a cjance to attend his last 2 in the bay area and i could see improvement in his stage presence.

I will continue to support.

Honestly this was the only album i legit bought had to go to rasputins after frys and bestbuy and target had nothing and ive only gon to his concerts.
You did your part, nothing else you can do but sit back and enjoy the music now. I just wish DJ pushed him out there more, they have the budget to do so. He has several songs on this album that can be played on the radio, DJ just doesnt think he has mass appeal

I am pretty certain this album is not being sold in Targets.

Lot of folks say they failed at coppin from Target. i did as well.

came across this joint a few weeks back...this kind of music touches the soul

I will always be a huge supporter of KRIT and champion his music so the sales part sucks. Im watching the sales list and at 50% counted he is at 24k :smh:

Dude is just so deserving of main stream attention, focus, and recognition that tho it may not matter about the sales, it is still disappointing because the sales will bring a lot of what I mentioned. And im not just talking on some fame tip, but the music should be heard by the masses.

I mean the caliber of rap artists that are outselling him have nothing on his catalog, content, or skills.

I'll ask again, why is he not doing the numbers he deserves? He did a lot right this go round... way more than the LFTU roll out. Is it just as simple as def jam dropping the ball with shipment?

I have not heard Pay Attention on the Radio. ^

Many causual fans, or 'regular people' i have spoken to dont know who KRIT is.

Lot of mentions of this guy Logic. i guess he did well, but i do not have the slightest clue who he is, and didnt hear of him till a week or so ago (still havent heard a song)

the industry is just differnt.

Just think, 50 aint do numbers either. independent or not, 50 is/was a megastar and he didnt sell.

i think or hope, folks just catch on an realize this is a good album and gets purchased in the coming weeks and months...for his sake.

^ Same thoughts about Logic. Dude moved 70k and I never heard of him till I saw him on the BET cypher.

Yet KRIT is mentioned in the same breath as Drake Cole and Kendrick, at least on the internet but cant draw the attention that Wale and Schoolboy Q receive? I woulda threw in Wiz and Asap Rocky too but I understand their appeal is broader.

Ive never heard Pay Attention on the radio here in Houston either, yet he gets soooo much love out here that I feel like they would come out and support regardless.

At this point I wouldn't understand him staying with Def Jam as much as he complains about them. If Rittz can sell 22K 1st week on an independent label (and I bet half of you guys don't even know who he is) then KRIT should be doing more than he's doing. Even if he doesn't go indie I think he should switch labels. 

Also I feel like "Pay Attention" was a good radio type record but he should have got someone like Chris Brown on the hook instead of Rico Love. He probably would have done a better job plus his name would have helped it to automatically get radio play. I haven't heard a KRIT song on the radio since "I Got This" and that didn't get near as much play as "Country Sh*t". He needs to take some notes from J.Cole on his 1st 2 albums and focus on making that smash single

What did yall expect from his record sales. Def jam didn't even release a single for his album .Which shows they didn't really believe in him. He should go independent. He has absolutely gained nothing from being on Def Jam. 

At this point I wouldn't understand him staying with Def Jam as much as he complains about them. If Rittz can sell 22K 1st week on an independent label (and I bet half of you guys don't even know who he is) then KRIT should be doing more than he's doing. Even if he doesn't go indie I think he should switch labels. 

Also I feel like "Pay Attention" was a good radio type record but he should have got someone like Chris Brown on the hook instead of Rico Love. He probably would have done a better job plus his name would have helped it to automatically get radio play. I haven't heard a KRIT song on the radio since "I Got This" and that didn't get near as much play as "Country Sh*t". He needs to take some notes from J.Cole on his 1st 2 albums and focus on making that smash single
Bingo. When your hear about how hov kept rejecting every single Cole presented to him until he found that smash it seemed like typical music business **** but  it worked for cole cuz that song introduced him to a mainstream audience. 

I said before, KRITs music is too good to not go platnium. Def jam has done nothing for him. He can sell the same thing he is doing on def jam going independent. Plus he doesnt have to share with they B**** *** coporate people. 

The thing that i don't get is mainly that i have seen the video for Pay Attention on MTV Jams.  I have heard "Pay Attention" advertised on my spotify "Hear the biggest hits from Kendrick Lamar (plays "I") Big Sean (plays "IDFWU") and Big Krit (plays "pay attention").

I have heard absolutely NOTHING about Logic.  Other then internet chatter and because i listen to rap music i heard of the young sinatra tape.  But from a main stream perspective i have nothing.  I even live in Maryland and Logic isn't even mentioned half as much as some one like King Los.  Like how did he move double of what krit did....i don't get it.

Real talk, I didnt know who Logic even was. Quick google search. He must have a good fan base or the other

Last edited:
I dont know if the big single is the right answer but I could be wrong.... and KRIT fanbase is solid but the females are probably lacking

I mean Big Sean has had some pretty big singles for def jam and isnt moving any records either but his album quality is lacking and i dont think his fan base is that solid

But then you look at YG and he delivered a very good album and had major radio play with his singles and only did 55K on def jam... So his singles didnt really drive his album sales but he had industry buzz

Just seems like the exposure is messed up...KRIT has his own lane in todays climate. Southern rapper with content and beats. None of the young upstarts fall into this area and i guess that market doesnt translate well to sales.

I dont know if the big single is the right answer but I could be wrong.... and KRIT fanbase is solid but the females are probably lacking

I mean Big Sean has had some pretty big singles for def jam and isnt moving any records either but his album quality is lacking and i dont think his fan base is that solid

But then you look at YG and he delivered a very good album and had major radio play with his singles and only did 55K on def jam... So his singles didnt really drive his album sales but he had industry buzz

Just seems like the exposure is messed up...KRIT has his own lane in todays climate. Southern rapper with content and beats. None of the young upstarts fall into this area and i guess that market doesnt translate well to sales.
Repped

The YG comparison reallllly puts it into perspective for me.  Dude had a Drake Feature and still only moved 55k?  I guess logic just has a strong fan base that buys records.  Which isn't too hard to believe considering its the same with a lot of underground rappers.  Atmosphere is the same way.  

Back
Top Bottom