Official Bitcoin Thread

Coinbase holders, check your emails to join the waitlist:

1613508571181.png

anyone know what this about?

I am familiar with the topic but had not read this article...great read.
Tether is a real threat to the crypto ecosystem.
They essentially bought their own role of generic County Fair tickets and are selling them to fair goers and using them to buy raffle tickets lol
I do think Tether should be investigated and should prove that their coin is truly pegged and backed by USD.
i also think BTC’s price is being propped up by Tether and honestly other scam coins too.
This worries me but let’s not forget that stocks and the housing market are also being propt up by funny money too.

I see a massive correction in the future for many markets.
A lot of monopoly money is being used everywhere.
Crypto is the wild west of currency still so I dont doubt that its price is being propt up by this type of laundering.

be careful everyone

PS
I read an econ report that said If you tie Tesla’s stock price to tesla cars driven off their lot each one would be worth $1,000,000
Meanwhile Toyota’s and VWs are only worth $10,000.
This doesnt make sense and shows how overvalued Tesla is.
Well Tesla then takes their money from overvaluation and buys BTC lol
Their shareholders and workers also use it to buy houses here in the bay area.
My point is a lot of companies and markets (inc crypto) are being built on a house of cards.

do i belive in BTC, Real Estate, stocks, and Tesla? Sure but their prices should be studied further and understood

Last edited:
They essentially bought their own role of generic County Fair tickets and are selling them to fair goers and using them to buy raffle tickets lol
I do think Tether should be investigated and should prove that their coin is truly pegged and backed by USD.
i also think BTC’s price is being propped up by Tether and honestly other scam coins too.
This worries me but let’s not forget that stocks and the housing market are also being propt up by funny money too.

Crypto is the wild west of currency still so I dont doubt that its price is being propt up by this type of laundering.

be careful everyone

PS
I read a econ report that said If you tie Tesla’s stock price to tesla cars driven off their lot each one would be worth $1,000,000
My point is a lot of companies and markets (inc crypto) are being built on a house of cards.

do i belive in BTC, Real Estate, stocks, and Tesla? Sure but their prices should be studied further and understood

SPICY, this is what I like to hear and I agree with a ton of this.

be careful everyone

PS
I read a econ report that said If you tie Tesla’s stock price to tesla cars driven off their lot each one would be worth $1,000,000

Think this needed to be said for a lot of people. I'm comfy with my positions and cost basis for most of my investments. I've been hesitant lately to add to any positions because I'm just not comfortable with a lot of price points.

I'm more and more convinced that this whole bull run is just another wealth transfer. The prices just don't make any sense. The majority of these efforts have no utility whatsoever.

Be careful.

FUD will always be there with bitcoin. First it was..

- only terrorist use it
- banned in china
- banned in india
- double spending

truth is, bitcoin doesnt GAF. Its designed to do what it do....which is deflate supply while the world do what it do and be corrupt AF and peeps always looking for a hedge out, which is BITCOIN.

If you arent accumulating, have fun staying poor. 💯

Yeah I might be naive but if the NY court investigations into Tether turns out to be the worst, it would lead to a big correction, price dips, but people will accumulate again and hold. Price may change, but supply is what it is.

Maybe I’m reading the room incorrectly but I feel like there’s so much more FOMO this time around that there’s way more folks that believe BTC will remain legit moving forward and won’t fully leave. The value or worth may change due to factors like external manipulation, but BTC still does what it does. I mean we got people holding DOGE for God’s sake.

Last edited:
Another good article but it doesnt deny that Tether and other coins are inflating BTCs price.
BTC is a great currency because it is limited and produced by defined rules/algorithms.
Most other coins and especially Tether are produced at will.
Its the same with the US dollar.
The more the fed produces dollars at will the more BTC gains on the US dollar.
The difference is that the US dollar is the current currency king while Tether is basically junk masquerading as an equivalent.
I dont think Tether is behind most of the BTC price increase but there has to be some portion that is.
I like the fact coinbase doesnt mess with Tether. #USDCoin

BTW this is coming from a big BTC supporter who bought some more on Sunday during the dip

Yeah I might be naive but if the NY court investigations into Tether turns out to be the worst, it would lead to a big correction, price dips, but people will accumulate again and hold. Price may change, but supply is what it is.

Maybe I’m reading the room incorrectly but I feel like there’s so much more FOMO this time around that there’s way more folks that believe BTC will remain legit moving forward and won’t fully leave. I mean we got people holding DOGE for God’s sake.
I think you will always have the naysayers who just make up stuff and the FOMO crowd who just buy because their favorite celeb told them too.
I think this NT Crypto community is sophisticated and understands BTC’s future and massive potential but also understand there are some shady characters in the crypto space.
Crypto is a truly free market so there will be people who are able to cut corners until they are discovered.

With that said i am creating NTC NikeTalkCoin
I will issue 9,999,999,999 coins.
I will keep 50% for myself and give my NT Crypto fam 25%. The remaining 25% will be slowly rolled out to market starting with an ICO.
Price of NTC will be tied to price of Size 12 BRED 11s
Every NTC will be backed by a pair.
Whitepaper for NTC coming soon
:lol::nthat:

Last edited:
Why do people talk about missing the boat :lol: theres still plenty of money to be made :rofl:

If tether pops the bubble I’ll buy more much cheaper. You really think bitcoin is going to die when corporations are buying it as a currency hedge? You’re going to eventually see the old dinosaurs buy it to be relevant, and companies that do business globally like Pepsi and Coke buy it to hedge their currency issues. Bitcoin is only going to grow in popularity. It’s going to become the default global currency that people use for settlement and get around exchange rates.

Tether sounds like a ticking time bomb but honestly if there's a correction then it's shopping season for me.

I just feel for the guys in Balancer, Curve and other pools providing liquidity with Tether because the impermanent loss could be massive.

D Double D Double drop that Celcius referral code.

https://celsiusnetwork.app.link/1859162120
Thanks man.

Anyone in NFT coins?

I'm too broke but want to get into Lukso if I get some profits.
CEO is the guy who made the ERC-20 standard and the other standard for NFT's

Back
Top Bottom