Official Bitcoin Thread

Agreed keeping it off exchanges is wise. I'm not, however, convinced that a hardware wallet is better than a soft wallet. So long as you keep your keys private and your phone secured, I feel soft wallets are pretty safe and you can't lose or damage them, and ultimately, you still need to store your seed words for either solution. 100% offline does have its benefits, though you could always uninstall the soft wallet and only load it when you need to transact to ensure it's not online I suppose. And I certainly wouldn't keep it connected to the internet via a browser extension or other persistent authorization.

You think a hot wallet is god enough until you download a pdf on your computer without realizing it’s corrupted and lose everything in seconds

Hot wallets should be for what you’re using day to day, not your long term balance

Good point. I don't use desktop extensions and wouldn't keep them connected to any site anyway. So it would need to be a malicious phone app or download. You could also use a phone that's not your primary and keep it offline except for crypto transactions.

Facts, grab a ledger. Have seen too many folks drained when they least expect. Unless you’re okay with losing money, it just makes sense to invest in that security.

Hardware wallet is basically 2FA. No software can press those buttons on a Ledger to authorise a transaction.
Doesn't get any better than that for peace of mind.

Annoying as hell for defi though.

Interested to see how the Mount Gox and ETH upgrade affects the market. I don't think it will make much difference but I'm probably wrong.

I was watching that on YouTube on 2x speed.
Man its even worse on normal speed. :lol:

The public already hate NFT's and Crypto. Imagine showing them that.

I was watching that on YouTube on 2x speed.
Man its even worse on normal speed. :lol:

The public already hate NFT's and Crypto. Imagine showing them that.
With all due respect, that’s two white folks in Denver at a conference mainly about one blockchain/cryptocurrency. The folks not truly curious about crypto wouldn’t have been swayed at this time, prior to seeing that anyways lol!

I’d go to an international conference before a domestic one at this point, the level of cringe is…

Do y’all ever have trouble connecting your ledger? Mine always has issues connecting to my laptop

Yuga's ordinal dutch auction, TwelveFold, is about 45 minutes for concluding and the lowest bid of the 288 is 1.16btc...good gracious!

Yuga's ordinal dutch auction, TwelveFold, is about 45 minutes for concluding and the lowest bid of the 288 is 1.16btc...good gracious!

I'm surprised at how cheap (relatively) these went for. A 300 supply Yuga collection should print in a bull run.

I'm surprised at how cheap (relatively) these went for. A 300 supply Yuga collection should print in a bull run.
Nah lowest bid was 2.25btc and highest was over 7btc, that's Cryptopunk range LOL! They raised about $15M with the drop and most BTC folks still don't even fw them. Low inscription numbers seem like one of the moves now, for BTC ordinals, but there's native projects like Unordinals, Taproot Wizards, and others that may be able to ride the wave.

Nah lowest bid was 2.25btc and highest was over 7btc, that's Cryptopunk range LOL! They raised about $15M with the drop and most BTC folks still don't even fw them. Low inscription numbers seem like one of the moves now, for BTC ordinals, but there's native projects like Unordinals, Taproot Wizards, and others that may be able to ride the wave.

Yeah I saw a few people hit on 2.4btc bids. I figured it'd be around 5+ which is equivalent to BAYC floor. I think if Ordinals stay relevant then a Yuga collection will definitely hold its weight especially with such a small supply.

I sold. I sold everything I had. Every single coin I owned, is gone. I am completely out of the crypto market, I can’t take this anymore. The aggressive dumping, the manipulation, everything is just so intense.

Selling during a bear market is like buying during the bull. You’ll always wish you did the opposite in hindsight.

I’m just talking about BTC though. Majority of alts die and never hit their highs again.

Back
Top Bottom