Official Bitcoin Thread

Coinbase isn't safe?? :nerd:
The Coinbase exchange is like a combo between a bank and TD ameritrade, Scottstrade etc. Bottomline It can be hacked. Yes I am taking a risk by leaving my cash there but then again im not too worried at this point. If you want your coins to be really safe then you transfer them to a hard wallet (kinda like a hard drive for coins). A few guys on here use the Trezor brand wallet. Im boycotting them until they drop the price LOL

Last edited:
Gotta go long with this.... the more I think of the future with everything going digital the more crypto makes sense... 5 years from now if you ain't get on the train you'll be kicking your self...

I'm a big conspiracy dude but the future is coming and I rather be adapted to the customs and remain vigilant.

Only thing on Coinbase for me is USD to play with

Need to move my LTC off of there

The alt coins are the pain in the ***. The more you have the more wallets you need to find

Thoughts on the Ledger nano S?

Supports a bunch of currencies. Looks like all of our popular ones and is like 65 bucks. Its the size of a flash drive also.

Thing is..with the wallets..do they update with values? I love checking coinbase and seeing the updated values gained. How do wallets go about that? Do they at all?

Last edited:
What are the odds coinbase is hacked though? Has paypal been hacked before? Or google wallet?

Has anyone had any issues with Coinbase?
I’m reading all these horror stories on reddit about people’s accounts being locked and not being able to withdraw their coins/funds

What are the odds coinbase is hacked though? Has paypal been hacked before? Or google wallet?

That's not really the point, you want to always have full control of your private keys and access to your coins anytime, tomorrow coinbase or an exchange can lock you out of your account indefinitely for whatever reason.

It's good to know about and use hardware wallets or even client side wallets.

To answer your earlier statement about liking to see what you gained on coinbase, there's apps like blockfolio that you can log and track btc and most of your alt coins and it will break down your profit /loss and other features. Keep in mind they have the right to sale your data of whatever you add on your portfolio, but its a really solid app. I personally deleted the app months ago

Coinbase does not want to take my debit card mayne.
0548A4CF-0CC0-4204-9097-0CCF5C91BE44.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom