Official Bitcoin Thread

I've been reading and looking at this thread for a while, been following ETH since it was around 25$. I'm going to take the plunge and Invest 5k. What do you all think would be the best coin to invest? Should i dump the full 5k$ into one coin or diversify?

Diversify for sure. Coins take dips. It doesn't hurt to have other coins that can bring in some money. There are also a lot of good cheap alt coins.

Dropping 5K in just say ETH won't yield you as much as -/ it would in some other coins

Diversify for sure. Coins take dips. It doesn't hurt to have other coins that can bring in some money. There are also a lot of good cheap alt coins.

Dropping 5K in just say ETH won't yield you as much as -/ it would in some other coins

True

this. if i had just held my original 22 bitcoins, i'd be around 60k....by diversifying and turning those bitcoins to my current assets, over 150K

Best thing to do IMO...

Research what you're investing into and news related to the coins you are following. Study candlestick patterns and the various indicators. Learn how to do your own technical analysis. Also doesn't hurt to compare your analysis to others (I usually input the coin on twitter search to see how other charts compare to mine for projections).

In my short stint so far, that's all I have done. Just try to learn as much as possible.

Edit: Be cautious when comparing charts though, there are some unrealistic charts out there.

Last edited:
How long does it usually take you guys to exchange on shapeshift using coinbase to polo and/or bittrex?

Best thing to do IMO...

Research what you're investing into and news related to the coins you are following. Study candlestick patterns and the various indicators. Learn how to do your own technical analysis. Also doesn't hurt to compare your analysis to others (I usually input the coin on twitter search to see how other charts compare to mine for projections).

In my short stint so far, that's all I have done. Just try to learn as much as possible.

Edit: Be cautious when comparing charts though, there are some unrealistic charts out there.

Good stuff. I wish i can read charts and do technical analysis better. One of my goals is to do a better job on that

How long does it usually take you guys to exchange on shapeshift using coinbase to polo and/or bittrex?
it all depends on the particular coin(s) blockchain.  for bitcoin, average nowadays can be 20min or longer.  With the exchanges, i know bittrex only needs 2 confirmations for bitcoin ..while polo i believe needs more?

You can use this site to see average wait time is for bitcoin blockchain confirmations:  https://blockchain.info/charts/median-confirmation-time

As for other alt coins such as ETH...i've sent to and from to different wallets and exchanges, and takes usually less than 5min....if wallet to wallet and you set the gas prices right, it can be seconds. 

good job @fapmasterjr i basically have the same strategy as you...im just trying to research on the next wave of coins coming out, set a few k in them and come back in a year just like you LOL... waves and stratis has been treating me well so far, thanks to you :smokin

it all depends on the particular coin(s) blockchain.  for bitcoin, average nowadays can be 20min or longer.  With the exchanges, i know bittrex only needs 2 confirmations for bitcoin ..while polo i believe needs more?

You can use this site to see average wait time is for bitcoin blockchain confirmations:  https://blockchain.info/charts/median-confirmation-time

As for other alt coins such as ETH...i've sent to and from to different wallets and exchanges, and takes usually less than 5min....if wallet to wallet and you set the gas prices right, it can be seconds. 

okay thank you for the info fap. I did exchanged to both polo and bittrex ..polo;golem / bittrex/ripple and bittrex was instant .. i still havent seen any change on my polo wallets

Hopping on the XVG train. Where is the best place to buy? bittrex?
Thanks

I would say so.

Keep your eye on it but as of now there is a huge sell wall at 249 satoshis. It may surge again close to that, but likely will dip because it is huge. I would say average total for each 'ask' is about 8 BTC ... at 249 satoshi mark, a seller is trying to unload 136 BTC.

Edit: And just like that, it is gone. It had been there since last night.

Last edited:
Best thing to do IMO...

Where are you getting your info on charts, how to read them, etc?    How is @JKALLDAY   knowing when there are dips coming?

I'm still at square one.  Kind of want to start by adding funds to Coinbase just to get "in", and then go from there.   Still trying to figure it all out though. 

this. if i had just held my original 22 bitcoins, i'd be around 60k....by diversifying and turning those bitcoins to my current assets, over 150K
I'm gonna diversify as well lol that is insane. Congrats to you man , we definitely have a ton of more growth . Building my stacks now .

good job @fapmasterjr i basically have the same strategy as you...im just trying to research on the next wave of coins coming out, set a few k in them and come back in a year just like you LOL... waves and stratis has been treating me well so far, thanks to you
smokin.gif
good luck bud. sometimes what you're looking for is right in front of you 
nerd.gif
pimp.gif

Last edited:
I saw someone on twiter talking about they just hit their first 10,000% coin (I believe it was 10K, let me see if I can find it)

So here's a question for you Fap.
(JK - Don't even come trying to smd)

I been making a good run holding on to this bitcoin, ETH and even some LTC.
I got in ETH at around $40 and it's been treating me well.

How would you go about trying to diversify in a case where youd be pulling from a coin that's on a good run?
Is it better to just bring in new investments at this point?

I'm blazed as **** and ready to cop some coins.

So here's a question for you Fap.
(JK - Don't even come trying to smd)

I been making a good run holding on to this bitcoin, ETH and even some LTC.
I got in ETH at around $40 and it's been treating me well.

How would you go about trying to diversify in a case where youd be pulling from a coin that's on a good run?
Is it better to just bring in new investments at this point?

I'm blazed as **** and ready to cop some coins.
word. when i shifted btc for altcoins it was only around $400...no where near its ATH, and i definitely wouldn't do anything with your ETH holdings right now.  In your case, I'd just start putting in new $$$ for altcoins.

Back
Top Bottom