Official Bitcoin Thread

I get it now. BTC has to hit $0 in order for the investment to be $0 and its factored by %. I didnt fuly grasp how that % thing worked now I do. Thanks sir!

You only lose money if you sell at a loss. Dont sell at a loss. Just hold for better days

Does anybody actually use Celsius? I mostly use Gemini and BlockFi but been playing around with other apps just to see what they do.

I think Celsius has been the worst by far:

Slow unresponsive iOS app
CAPTCHA verification on every trade
2FA via email verification on every trade
Payment routed through 3rd party (Wyre)
3.6% minimum in fees
Takes 5 days for purchased assets to post to account

:sick:

Does anybody actually use Celsius? I mostly use Gemini and BlockFi but been playing around with other apps just to see what they do.

I think Celsius has been the worst by far:

Slow unresponsive iOS app
CAPTCHA verification on every trade
2FA via email verification on every trade
Payment routed through 3rd party (Wyre)
3.6% minimum in fees
Takes 5 days for purchased assets to post to account

:sick:

I got gemini just to get $AMP and use their earn feature. Im waiting on the blockfi credit card to drop then ill sign up for them. As far as celsius, you just convinced me to stay away from them lol.

I got gemini just to get $AMP and use their earn feature. Im waiting on the blockfi credit card to drop then ill sign up for them. As far as celsius, you just convinced me to stay away from them lol.

Hopped on Gemini as well to get $AMP due to this thread :lol:

I think the apps trash personally but was the only way I could buy in

what fee? To purchase?
I buy on coinbase.
Transferred from coinbase to celsius and earning 6.5% on BTC
I also transferred some USD Coin to earn some interest.
Celsius did not charge me a fee when i moved USD coin back to Coinbase to buy some BTC either.
I dont think many use celsius to purchase coins.

Ahhh ok yea I was comparing exchanges.

I didn't realize Celsius is primarily a wallet.

Found this game on the app store called Bitcoin Blast and it allows you to earn Bitcoin that is transferred to your Coinbase account once a week. It doesn't pay much unless you plan on spending a lot of time on the app, but what it gives is better than nothing imo.

On another note, what is this thing with the Street Fighter/NBA cards I've saw people speak on? Can somebody break it down for me?

Bitcoin has crossed $58K

Meanwhile, I am sitting here watching ETH dance around 2k like:

w2woj.jpg

Moon past that **** already mother****er...damn!!... :angry::angry:

Does coinbase and Gemini report to the IRS?

A lot of people I know that have 6 figures invested into crypto think they can avoid taxes on withdrawals. Coinbase is private and they havent gotten any tax forms. Very curious myself on what happens if you dont report.

A lot of people I know that have 6 figures invested into crypto think they can avoid taxes on withdrawals. Coinbase is private and they havent gotten any tax forms. Very curious myself on what happens if you dont report.
Yeah, cause at this point, all of the institutions where you'd think you can offload money to, (PayPal, cashapp etc) they all report to the IRS.

Nah they not gonna press you like that.

They gonna send you a letter every quarter or so, and count on you not taking action while the interest and penalties pile up. :lol:
So if u fail to report will they just hit u with a bill? Shoot seems worth the risk especially if they somehow do the calculations for me

So if u fail to report will they just hit u with a bill? Shoot seems worth the risk especially if they somehow do the calculations for me

IRS will sometimes overestimate what you owe on purpose, just to get you to reply back to them quicker. Say you probably owe $20K - they’ll send you a letter saying you owe $50k, just so you call back and dispute it

Back
Top Bottom