Official Bitcoin Thread

Getting in in the middle of a bull run, not cashing out at ATH, and cashing out when the market corrects is beginners crypto 101. Few points here:

1) You didn’t cash you because you thought it could go higher. No one knows what the top is, it’s literally a guessing game. Either cash out when it hits your price target or hold long term

2) People cash out when it crashes to take “some” profit. I guess this could make sense for some people? But if you’re in this space, you should be investing with conviction and hold. Trying to trade crypto? Well you got burned.

3) I feel more comfortable with BTC and ETH long term than I do 95% of stocks out there. And I’m confident most people in this thread would agree

Then why you purchase AMP in the first place :lol: I understand cutting losses but we’re a week off from its ATH

I’m still in it, I came in at .016. Just heard how these coins could die and you lose your money and im being careful

I’m still in it, I came in at .016. Just heard how these coins could die and you lose your money and im being careful
That’s why I stay away from alt coins that I don’t do a ton of research or believe in. I don’t think AMP is going anywhere FYI.

Sheesh, this is what people warned me about Crypto...

Just put a stop loss on my AMP at the price I came in at. Gotta admit it hurt seeing I was up $20k when they did that pump last week and greed optimism and inexperience didn’t let me cash out.
As long as I don’t lose money I guess I’m good.

Damn that $20K loss is nothing compared to me lol.

Hodl fellas hodl...

This thread is dramatic af. :lol: market goes down to what it was a month ago and it’s the great crypto depression.

If only there was a way to put your crypto in the sidelines with a token that is stable and is pegged 1:1 with USD so there will be no fluctuations with market conditions while also have the opportunity to rebuy/swap quickly during a DIP.

hmmm.jpg

Yeah. I look every day throughout the day just for the mental notes.

But yeah, I’m not taking anything out any time soon. I’m realistically thinking 2030 at the earliest. At least for BTC. Anything else would be to take out and put into another crypto

But BTC, ETH are kings. In basketball sneaker terms. BTC is Nike. ETH is Adidas. For anyone to overtake BTC (Nike) it will take years of constant success no failures and for BTC to just say they are done (won’t happen). Now the other cryptos can bite into market share, but BTC has such a ridiculous hold that you’re talking YEARS before there’s even a substantial chunk of market share. Because growth of other coins, raises confidence in BTC. If other things get legitimacy, it must mean BTC the market leader is even more legit.

Now where there’s concern is with someone like ETH. It’s 2nd place, but it’s size of market share could be overtaken by some coin that has better structure and use. Think Adidas, it’s not really competing against Nike, because it can’t. It’s competing against Puma, and others to keep 2nd place. But what BTC gains from legitimacy of other coins, so does ETH because it’s established. It just has to work harder to keep itself where it’s at and grow.

I’m in on BTC, ETH, AMP and DOGE. I’m fairly confident in the first two. AMP I have an okay confidence and building a big position for cheap. DOGE is just for the ride and see what happens.

Both the stock and crypto markets are down. Only question is how low does it go. This could be the time to really lower some of those averages for me.

you won't know how low it goes until it reversed, that's why you need to deploy some capital and leave room buy more if needed. scaling is imperative.

I got my boy who’s heavy on technicals trying to time the bottom to get his feet wet with Crypto and blowing his whole load instead of scaling in....not sure he’s hustling the right way, but he ain’t trying to listen to me, because I’m not heavy on technical analysis when it comes to crypto....crazy thing is he thought the bottom was 1850$ and only reason he didn’t jump in was because he was waiting on Coinbase to verify him....would have gotten burnt instantly....

good luck to anyone that attempts to time crypto.

Today is a good example as to why it is important to plan your strategy and stick to it.
Plan when you take profits and have cash in stable coins to take advantage of these dips or not to be left bag holding.
It's hard to do so when everything is green but just have to stick to it.

2018 didn't have these gas fees so when the bubble pops it's going to be expensive to even tether your coins if they're in your Eth wallet.

1614079572551.png

1614079244696.png

Traded all my aave for eth and btc before it took its big dump, bought more DNT @ 18 cents.

this is way more fun now. :emoji_heart_eyes:

If only there was a way to put your crypto in the sidelines with a token that is stable and is pegged 1:1 with USD so there will be no fluctuations with market conditions while also have the opportunity to rebuy/swap quickly during a DIP.

hmmm.jpg

yeah... learned that the hard way when I accident sold my aave to my wallet and had to pay hella fees to transfer it to my bank and buy more eth and btc :lol:

was going to re buy aave then just went with btc and eth instead.

Back
Top Bottom