Official Bitcoin Thread

So getting $250 in BTC by Pokimane wasn’t on my to do list today:

23544281-5C0E-475F-9061-36C8A74011F7.jpeg

Polkadot has been creeping up these past few days. It's getting ready.

This doesn't address exactly what happened with SOL today but everyone in this space should know about the Trilemma:
Scalability
Security
Decentralization

These are all a delicate balance that no crypto has been able to bring equilibrium to (YET). You can't have all 3 so to have 1 or 2, the trade off is less of the others.

Example: ETH decided to keep the network secure and decentralized, but that came at a cost of scalability IG high GAS costs (for now)

SOL went for scalability. When ish hit the fan today the SOL team decided to shut down the network- which shows it is still very centralized.
Yea, that was a good stress test.

From what I understand, the reason it took long was because they had to coordinate to get a majority of the validators to install the latest patch to fix the memory bug.
It would've been much quickerto reboot if all the nodes were under Solana's control but then what happens if something like this happens again with 3000 nodes.
Still though, I think the future is bright as node requirements should decrease in cost over time and they will fix all these bugs.

They need to sort out centralisation as well of validators too as its lopsided.

Yeah the majority of validators had to coordinate to go offline and then apply the fix. The Solana team doesn't just have an on/off button :lol:. That was the main FUD I was seeing yesterday all over the place. It does point to the less decentralized nature of Solana right now but like you said it should improve over time. It is still in beta after all so issues are to be expected.

Came across this yesterday:

Some big name backers there. I have 12hrs left to do some research :lol:.

Yeah the majority of validators had to coordinate to go offline and then apply the fix. The Solana team doesn't just have an on/off button :lol:. That was the main FUD I was seeing yesterday all over the place. It does point to the less decentralized nature of Solana right now but like you said it should improve over time. It is still in beta after all so issues are to be expected.

Came across this yesterday:

Some big name backers there. I have 12hrs left to do some research :lol:.
Yea the tribalism and shilling was on full flow yesterday.
:lol:

Didn't expect Gavin Woods of all people to comment as well.

Finna cop a whip today.

It ain't real unless you take profits guys.

Congrats my dude.
I hope the same for everyone else this bull run.

This doesn't address exactly what happened with SOL today but everyone in this space should know about the Trilemma:
Scalability
Security
Decentralization

These are all a delicate balance that no crypto has been able to bring equilibrium to (YET). You can't have all 3 so to have 1 or 2, the trade off is less of the others.

Example: ETH decided to keep the network secure and decentralized, but that came at a cost of scalability IG high GAS costs (for now)

SOL went for scalability. When ish hit the fan today the SOL team decided to shut down the network- which shows it is still very centralized.

That is an excellent point. Thanks for the knowledge :pimp:. Theres so much to learn in this space.

Solana proved that hype beats fundamentals everyday of the week ..

They ain't record no blocks for 12 + hours??? Lol who knows what could be going on with that network.

Might as well stack up etc while you're at it.

So just got my Coinbase debit card. Anyone else currently using and have any tips ?
Only places I've had issues getting Cashback reward on where major grocery stores. As far as paying bills and random daily purchases got the reward.

Anyone having issues with sushiswap on desktop.?

I get a solid black screen when trying to access the app.

Working just fine on mobile...

saw this today. i’m in on one of the coins on this list. i might take some time out to research. anyone in on any of these?

83534313-5DC7-47BA-8D04-D120CD57FD89.jpeg
I’ll take a look at these. Could use some moonshot micro cap bets.

rarity integrating loot looks like a thing potentially. FTM might be worth a look. I’ve got a gaming position to play with rarity. Wouldn’t mind eventually taking a 1% position tho.

Man... I'm such a got damn n00b.!! :sick::blush:
I got it now, but I appreciate the replies stuntman mike stuntman mike fapmasterjr fapmasterjr

So I've decided to get better organized and trying to get overall better informed in the crypto space.

I completely wiped clean/factory reset my 2014 MacBook Air to dedicate it solely to my crypto moves...

I didn't realize, because its so old, it was running OS Maverick and Google Chrome 65 :lol:

Anyway... After updating both the OS and Chrome. I was able to access SushiSwap just fine...

Finally got a MetaMask wallet, I subscribed to a VPN, ordered a hardware wallet, and a physical 2FA key to better secure my holdings...

Currently staking my VET and ETH and ATOM ( :smh: at taking so long to do this, it was so damn easy!) Also looking at joining some LPs to continue to grow my holdings...

I'm excited for this next run... And appreciative of everyone in here for sharing their experience and knowledge. Let's all make this money.!

Lastly, join the damn Paetron.! fapmasterjr fapmasterjr is proven in the field. He charges the bare minimum, I sincerely believe he genuinely just wants to see all NTfam flourish.

That's all folks.!

Back
Top Bottom