Official Bitcoin Thread

I simply don't put more money in than I'm comfortable with risking. If a bad week has someone needing to be talked down off a ledge, maybe this isn't for them.

Kinda pissed I didn't sell ETH when it was near 4K and re-buy when it dipped, but whatever.

Elizabeth Warren arguing DEX fees vs. Coinbase fees and exchange outages when markets move. Gas fees and abuse to small investors.

Genssler says Coinbase has multiple tokens that are likely securities....

Elizabeth Warren arguing DEX fees vs. Coinbase fees and exchange outages when markets move. Gas fees and abuse to small investors.

Genssler says Coinbase has multiple tokens that are likely securities....

Yea, that's when I tuned in. She painted it in such a bad light.

Yea, that's when I tuned in. She painted it in such a bad light.

this trick said $500 gas....but when you check ethgasstation, the highest volume tx was opensea....and those users don't mind paying $500 for a $250k transaction lol. Of course, she doesn't mention that. nor how polygon is .001 tx gas fees.

when i bought a home few years ago, i think the wire / paperwork bank (bofa) cost me $750 in fees.... But, carry on ***.

Sometimes, I like FUD because I still need time to accumulate but on the other hand, you just have to face palm what you hear sometimes from the people who are meant to be running tings.
Must be a combination of being shook, incompetence and resistance to change.

Speaking of FUD, the maxi's of other chains are having a field day right now on Twitter. :lol:
If SOL dips when the network comes back up then im picking up some more.

This Solana downtime has been killing my degen behavior all morning. Might be a good thing :lol:

Trust. I have been pushing this to my real close friends since the beginning, and you know how many listened? 2

2 people. Those 2 people, we chat daily on our private slack and just chitchat crypto all day. Both of them are doing great while the rest of circle of friends are doing the EXACT same thing they were doing 5-7yrs ago. LIKE EXACT. It definitely bothered me for the first few years that they didn't listen while I tried so bad to make us all flourish, but after about 2yrs worth of trying...i just gave up. sux.

**maybe that's why i spazz or get real salty when someone comes into this thread and DOESN'T "DYOR" or comes in here disregarding crypto/bitcoin. apologies in advance cuz I know it'll happen again :smile:

Now I have a circle of like-minded peeps that I chat with daily or every other day and overall, it just makes your mind sharp.

iron sharpens iron.

shoutout to the homies who put their patnas on. spring of ‘20, my boy was swearing up and down about this thing called “chainlink” i was like so many uninformed people who just saw crypto as some dark web channel for illegal activities so i just kept disregarding him. over time he just kept talking about it and i did some research on potential use cases and utility of various coins. august 2020 i finally bought some crypto and a year later, i’ve invested probably like 50% of my checking account into various coins. exciting times indeed

These politicians are really working hard to make voter turn out even less among young people. :lol:

Like I said before they can’t even stop meme stocks. Good luck with crypto.

can i ask why you feel this way about xyo?

here’s a few reasons why

* Just listed on Coinbase, it will attract new hodlers. It is planning to be listed in more exchanges. It was only on Kucoin before. XYO submitted an application to be listed on Binance so hoping that is soon.

*The market cap is low and the current price at 0.04s is cheap. Only around 500M right now.

*The Google Earth of Crypto. They have no competition with geolocation mining data in crypto. They have an app called COIN and you can geomine and get rewarded with XYO. ( here’s the link if you want to get started, https://coin.onelink.me/ePJg/8b2c41ad)

I believe they have over 50 million users on the app

* when you hodl your XYO in the app, it gets locked away and isn’t part of the circulating tokens.

*Limited supply of tokens. They buy back tokens to reward users for mining.

here’s a few reasons why

* Just listed on Coinbase, it will attract new hodlers. It is planning to be listed in more exchanges. It was only on Kucoin before. XYO submitted an application to be listed on Binance so hoping that is soon.

*The market cap is low and the current price at 0.04s is cheap. Only around 500M right now.

*The Google Earth of Crypto. They have no competition with geolocation mining data in crypto. They have an app called COIN and you can geomine and get rewarded with XYO. ( here’s the link if you want to get started, https://coin.onelink.me/ePJg/8b2c41ad)

I believe they have over 50 million users on the app

* when you hodl your XYO in the app, it gets locked away and isn’t part of the circulating tokens.

*Limited supply of tokens. They buy back tokens to reward users for mining.

Sucks that it's not available to NYers. I was actually looking to buy on Coinbase when it first listed. >D

Kucoin got those coins that are up and coming that aren't on the big ones yet, but I don't do any active trading there.

Coinbase- took my $ off there awhile back when the market dumped and I couldn't trade (this most recent time wasn't the first time). Doesn't matter to me how low fees are, how easy it is to use if I can't access my crypto when it matters most.

Cardano- Launch of smart contracts showed that ADA won't be ready for awhile. They're having issues with concurrency (Multiple users can't interact simultaneously), and it has a big learning curve for developers. Cardano won't be ready this year, and I don't think it'll be ready next year either (work in progress).

XYO- I got the coin app on my phone, uses geolocation to "mine" some XYO. if you drive for a living (truck driver, uber, might be worth it, otherwise not best fit for me). App has to be in the foreground to work from my experience unfortunately

Market: sideways action, I'm just chilling waiting for September to be over. Golden Cross later this week, doesn't mean immediate run-up, but historically trends up after golden cross. Doesn't mean it can't/wont dump in short-term (days/weeks), but strong indication it'll go up significantly in longer term (months).

I'm sticking to Gemini Active Trader. They might not have every coin, but the fees are super low and I'm usually by a desktop if needed.

Back
Top Bottom