Official Bitcoin Thread

How do you guys approach staking into something like KLIMA or OHM? Do yall just throw some change in and earn as much as you can then bail? Or is it a longer-term approach?

How do you guys approach staking into something like KLIMA or OHM? Do yall just throw some change in and earn as much as you can then bail? Or is it a longer-term approach?
They take advantage of compounding interest, returns are good in beginning still, but they don’t get insane until the last couple months..APY is built to come down. Smart way to do it is leave it in the full year. That being said, a year is a long, long time. Put an amount you’re comfortable leaving for the long haul imo

I think the idea with ohm at least (I haven’t looked into Klima) it’s incentivizing long term staking. The returns balance out price fluctuations. I’m concerned that the flip side is the stakers who have been accumulating so much ohm are going to take big profits and unstake causing the price to plummet. From what I understand however is that would drive the apy higher.
johnnyredstorm johnnyredstorm did mention that the apy is going to drop in January though.
can you elaborate on that? Where is that info listed?
And with all this being said I am very interested in starting a position.

Seeing on Twitter the dude who made 5bil from shib has started liquidating. That’s why the price is tanking
First withdrawal was for 100 mil 😳

how do you even cash out that much shib, where does the money come from. fees must be crazy too?

So If that wallet was worth 5 bill at the ATH...

At the current price it's worth 3.6bill.

By the time he has offloaded it all it may only be worth a measly 2 billion :lol:

I think the idea with ohm at least (I haven’t looked into Klima) it’s incentivizing long term staking. The returns balance out price fluctuations. I’m concerned that the flip side is the stakers who have been accumulating so much ohm are going to take big profits and unstake causing the price to plummet. From what I understand however is that would drive the apy higher.
johnnyredstorm johnnyredstorm did mention that the apy is going to drop in January though.
can you elaborate on that? Where is that info listed?
And with all this being said I am very interested in starting a position.
Got it from the discord. It’s tied to the token supply. Every threshold they drop the rate.

Coinbase to Test New Subscription Service

This new, paid plan would get rid of commission fees for trades, while providing perks like phone support.

Coinbase has confirmed that it is testing a new subscription service for a small number of users.

The exchange has devised a paid plan that would eliminate commission fees on an unlimited number of trades.

However, customers would still need to pay a spread fee — and it isn’t known exactly how much a subscription would cost.
Screenshots leaked online suggest other perks will include prioritized phone support, and up to $1 million in protection if funds are stolen by a stranger.

Although a subscription could potentially offer big savings for high-volume traders, even if spread fees still apply.

In a statement, the exchange said:

“We’re always looking to learn more about how we can best serve our customers in different ways. Right now, we are still in early stages so everything about the future product experience will be shaped by the feedback we receive from our users.”

The Battle for Fees
Coinbase’s experiment comes as the company tries to fend off competition from the likes of Robinhood, which have attempted to entice users by eliminating trading fees. (This company still generates crypto revenues from other means.)

Some analysts have expressed concern that Coinbase’s business model could be affected by a race to the bottom on fees — eroding the revenue stream it’s most reliant on.

Oppenheimer analyst Owen Lau told Bloomberg that moving to a subscription-based model could be an astute move for Coinbase, as it could inject a little more certainty into the exchange’s financial performance. He added:

“That would reduce lots of volatility going forward. To me that’s a positive to multiples expansion. Trading is just highly unpredictable.”

In other developments, the platform is going to start offering advanced trading functionality on Coinbase.com — providing services that, until now, were mainly associated with its Pro platform.

Any else notice KLIMA on Mark Cubans companies website

Attachments

• E14EB28A-0AB2-4CE5-BE63-43B89D211302.png
    E14EB28A-0AB2-4CE5-BE63-43B89D211302.png
    504.3 KB · Views: 378
i have zero idea what i'm going to do with the klima i have. if 1 klima = 2k, rn i get about $15/ day compounding. started with $1000 but put in less than $900 after buying eth with debit card and paying stupid gas for bridging. rn after price rise and interest it's at $1231 after 2 days. i see it's super volatile. personally i want to either take profits if it hits higher than 3.5k again or put in more if it dips to 1.5k again. my wife gave me the money to invest just to shut me up and if i ask her what to do, she will tell me she don't wanna hear about it lol.

i should probably just leave it alone and not look at it.

side note: has anyone used the umbria narni bridge to get assets from ethereum to matic? seems way cheaper.

Any easy walk throughs on how to purchase klima I got a few bags on the way next week and looking to drop something there then forget about it.

Any easy walk throughs on how to purchase klima I got a few bags on the way next week and looking to drop something there then forget about it.
buy matic on an exchange that supports matic mainnet. kucoin does i think - double check. other than that, import funds over xpollinate bridge if you’re on bsc going to matic or bridge from ethereum if you wanna ball out.

once you have matic (if you have eth or a stable coin and need matic for gas, use the faucet at matic.supply) on the matic network, connect your metamask to sushi and swap for klima. make sure you keep some matic for gas - don’t hit “max”.

head to klima dao.finance and click app. make sure your metamask is on matic network and connect to klima and stake. you may have to authorize them to use your klima and then pay another fee to stake.

add klima and sklima tokens to your metamask assets page so you can track what/where you have your stuff. klima is what you bought (it will be 0 after you stake max) and sklima is your balance staked that will reflect the interest compounded after each rebase.

Coinbase to Test New Subscription Service

This new, paid plan would get rid of commission fees for trades, while providing perks like phone support.

Coinbase has confirmed that it is testing a new subscription service for a small number of users.

The exchange has devised a paid plan that would eliminate commission fees on an unlimited number of trades.

However, customers would still need to pay a spread fee — and it isn’t known exactly how much a subscription would cost.
Screenshots leaked online suggest other perks will include prioritized phone support, and up to $1 million in protection if funds are stolen by a stranger.

Although a subscription could potentially offer big savings for high-volume traders, even if spread fees still apply.

In a statement, the exchange said:

“We’re always looking to learn more about how we can best serve our customers in different ways. Right now, we are still in early stages so everything about the future product experience will be shaped by the feedback we receive from our users.”

The Battle for Fees
Coinbase’s experiment comes as the company tries to fend off competition from the likes of Robinhood, which have attempted to entice users by eliminating trading fees. (This company still generates crypto revenues from other means.)

Some analysts have expressed concern that Coinbase’s business model could be affected by a race to the bottom on fees — eroding the revenue stream it’s most reliant on.

Oppenheimer analyst Owen Lau told Bloomberg that moving to a subscription-based model could be an astute move for Coinbase, as it could inject a little more certainty into the exchange’s financial performance. He added:

“That would reduce lots of volatility going forward. To me that’s a positive to multiples expansion. Trading is just highly unpredictable.”

In other developments, the platform is going to start offering advanced trading functionality on Coinbase.com — providing services that, until now, were mainly associated with its Pro platform.

Phone services shouldn't be part of a paid subscription. I'm assuming they just get priority. If not, that's terrible. They need to make sure everyone's coins are protected, regardless if they're part of a monthly pay service or not.

Last edited:
i have zero idea what i'm going to do with the klima i have. if 1 klima = 2k, rn i get about $15/ day compounding. started with $1000 but put in less than $900 after buying eth with debit card and paying stupid gas for bridging. rn after price rise and interest it's at $1231 after 2 days. i see it's super volatile. personally i want to either take profits if it hits higher than 3.5k again or put in more if it dips to 1.5k again. my wife gave me the money to invest just to shut me up and if i ask her what to do, she will tell me she don't wanna hear about it lol.

i should probably just leave it alone and not look at it.

side note: has anyone used the umbria narni bridge to get assets from ethereum to matic? seems way cheaper.
It is a new project and most of the tokens are staked so the liquidity is low right now. If any major holder sells all his tokens, it'll cause the price to shift dramatically. Once more people buy into the project, the price will stabilize. It may be this high for only a few months so just enjoy the high apr right now. You'll get your original investment back in 1.5 months.

Back
Top Bottom