...Official BLACKBERRY Thread v.updated...

i honesntly dont know what to do, i want a Bold more than the Storm but my family might switch so i can get the Storm for cheap but i like the Bold better.damn.

Tre, did you have any problems ordering yours? My boy had one on hold for me but had to sell it. Got there 25 minutes too late. They said they were going toovernight it to me by tomorrow, but I don't think I will get it until tuesday. Sucks. Oh well. Hope you like yours brother.

Jon

Originally Posted by IthruXIX

Tre, did you have any problems ordering yours? My boy had one on hold for me but had to sell it. Got there 25 minutes too late. They said they were going to overnight it to me by tomorrow, but I don't think I will get it until tuesday. Sucks. Oh well. Hope you like yours brother.

Jon
laugh.gif
read my last couple posts...doesnt look good for me2day...

wait so do verizon stores stock back up each day? or is it like they could get their next shipment whenever?

I'm sure the Storm is sold out here with all the techie dudes here. Working FTL. But I guess from what it sounds like, a reservation wouldn't havemattered anyways.

I'm still gonna check out a few Verizon stores later tonight to see if I can get a chance to toy with one before I take the plunge.

My hold got blown out the water. I had two, one to resell and didn't even get the first one held for me. What a bunch of crap. Oh well, at least I have itin the mail. Hopefully, HOPEFULLY, it gets here before tuesday.

Originally Posted by jay kickz till i die

Originally Posted by tecca nena

so do i have to buy my blackberry first? then trade in my phone? i'm trying to trade in my iphone and put the money towards a bold. can i just send in the iphone, take the cash and put it towards a bold afterwards?

blah!
Yes and no you can buy the phone 30 days before sending in your trades or 30 days after, you need your receipt for the new BB for them to releaseyour check but i have heard that the process is fast you can fax in your receipt.
smokin.gif

Originally Posted by 23MCpizzle23

Originally Posted by 23MCpizzle23

So you guys can trade in any crappy phone you have and receive a minimum 50 dollar check from blackberry....

just go to blackberry.com/graduate

Get Started button

Enter in all your phone info

and in the promotion code put graduate

you'll get a minimum 50 dollar check on top of the trade in value of what your phone is worth

This promotion started 11/17 so if you recently bought a blackberry I would try it, you have nothing to lose, they even provide a the postage stamp

just throw the crappy phone, the receipt and a your store invoice (just in case) in a box, tape the postage on and to the mail it goes...
can you trade more than one??

yo i traded in my girls pearl $86 + my 8702e $27 + treo 650 $25 + treo 700P $30 + the free $50 = $218 and i home more phones at the crib
pimp.gif
Free storm FTW!!!!

So were not able to put the promotion code on your other phones?
I wish lol no one promo code per phone.....

Failed at getting the bb storm today.
mad.gif
But I will have it no later thanthe 27th i managed to get it for 89.97 after a $50 rebate.
wink.gif
Making amanager fear for his job by throwing around the right names FTW.
roll.gif

Originally Posted by Bigballa8899

Originally Posted by Worlds Enemy

To my BB pros, an answer I seek.

I am under a family plan and want the Storm, but do not want to shell out money for the data plan. What are my options?

You won't be able to get the storm if you do not get the $30 BB plan. Verizon requires it for all blackberry phones.
What? Is that 30$ added to the bill? There has to be some other way...

I ordered the Storm around 3 PM over the phone and they said it won't be shipped until December 5th
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
Did this happen to anyone else?

here's a personal review from another forum who got the phone today

The Handset:

Pictures do not do this phone justice. The phone is very sleek and stylish. The back of the device has a nice dark brushed aluminum type finish. It is aboutthe same size as my TREO755p but half the thickness. Even though it is a very slim device it still has some weight to it. It actually feels pretty sturdy inyour hand. I love the simplistic design and the fact that includes the four hard keys on front (CALL | BLACKBERRY | BACK | END). The only thing I did notreally like on the design end is that when you are in camera mode, the placement of the picture button is somewhat awkward.

The OS (Operating System):

When I was first handed the pre-prod. model I was a little disappointed due to the lag of the OS. I thought that this was quite uncharacteristic of Blackberryso I decided to pop open a new-in-box handset. The difference was drastic to say the least. Now I can understand why this phone kept getting delayed. From whatI saw, RIM has cleaned up the OS really well and it runs as smooth as ever. The home screen has a quick access menu that you are able to customize withdifferent applications as well as message alerts etc. Otherwise, if you want to view the whole menu, just turn the phone sideways and the accelerometer will dothe rest. The other thing I noticed about the accelerometer is that you are able to flip the phone any way except upside down unlike the iPhone which onlyflips one way. The icons on the display are also stylish (looks a little cleaner than the Bold) and very easy to navigate.

The Cool Features:

* The Web: The data speeds are incredibly fast on The Storm. Even though it does not come equipped with WiFi, there is basically no need for it. The loadingtimes are blazing fast! The browser is also very easy to navigate. There are basically two modes; pan and cursor. in pan mode, you are able to navigate aroundthe page you are currently looking at. You can either hit a zoom in/out button or just depress the screen to zoom in. When you want to click on an action itemor enter a text field, you just switch over to cursor mode and it turns into a traditional browser layout.
* The Camera: The Storm is equipped with a hi-res (3.2 MP) camera that also allows you to take video. The camera is very crisp and has very vivid colors. Itallows you to zoom in/out just by dragging your finger up and down the screen. Once you take the photo it also gives you options to save it, discard it,email/msg it (yes it does video messaging), as well as upload it to either your Flicker or Facebook.
* VZ Navigator: For anyone that is already using this feature, You probably know its value. The Storm takes it one step further by adding the touchscreenfunctionality, you no longer need a Garmin if you just mount your phone on your dash. VZ Navigator gives you quick access navigation functionality withreal-time traffic updates and it allows you to reroute on the fly. It also includes local businesses, gas prices, etc.
* Other: While talking to the Verizon and Blackberry reps, they said that The Storm has one of the highest capacity batteries in the market and has be actuallylasting longer than most of the phones that they carry with them. There is an unlocked international SIM card slot for those of us that travel with our phone.The media player has a direct connect to iTunes and an iPhone-esque design with a cover-flow style layout. The calendar is very functional and easy to use. Thephone also turns into a full-screen alarm clock and turns your alerts to vibrate when it is placed on the dock. Finally, the only feature that I was interestedin that I have not yet been able to test is the visual voicemail. Once I play with the phone a bit more i shall elaborate on this and any other features Imissed.

The Screen:

Finally... I assume this is what most people are curious about.

The screen truly does act as a button. In order to scroll through the phone, you can lightly swipe your finger across the screen, in order to access a specificfeature you actually press down on the display. This was a little awkward at first, but after about 20 minutes of use it became second nature. In order to usethis device properly, it is easier not to think of the screen as a touch screen, but rather a physical button. Typing on the Storm is very intuitive as well asefficient. After a short period of use I was typing almost as fast as I could on my TREO! The fact that you have to push down the screen every time you type aletter also reduces alot of typing errors. I have used most of the touchscreen phones on the market today (ie. iPhone, LG Dare, Samsung Instinct) and this onefeels by far the most natural. The fact that the accelerometer changes the keyboard from SURE Type the QWERTY is also a huge plus (Note: For anyone that ishesitant about SURE Type, it basically took me 10 minutes to get the hang of it even though I have never owned a SURE Type device in the past.. It is veryintuitive and the learning predictive text functionality is phenomenal, I even got it to pick up some Polish words/phrases).

The screen resolution quality is outstanding. It is surprisingly even a little crisper than that of the Bold. And finally the screen is very durable. Ratherthan a plastic finish like most touchscreen devices, The Storm has a glass screen. It is quite thick and hard to scratch. This is a definite plus for me sinceI just throw my phone in my pocket.

heading to verizon RIGHT NOW
laugh.gif

i bet they dont have any in stock, but oh well, it's worth a shot

I stopped by the local Verizon spot in the mall last night, and as I was in there some dude was buying one. They had no demo unit, so he let me toy with it forawhile. I'm sold. The display is so damn awesome and the styling is great.

I must have this phone.

is anyone going to do the blackberry 'graduate' code, where they take the trade-in of old phones?

as far as the shortage, that was the case w/ me. instead, they offered the instant rebate instead of a mail-in and had it selected for delivery saturdaymorning (today). anyone else get this option?

just got back. i showed up at 7:30, they opened at 8. i walked in, dude was like, "oh hey bro, you're in luck, we have 8 LG chocolates left!!!!"i was like, "riiiiiiight". the irony is i was upgrading from a chocolate
laugh.gif
sick.gif

anyway, so ten minutes later, i'm the proud owner of a storm. i'll be playing with this thing all day...

Originally Posted by DeadsetAce

anyone wanna school me on BB messenger?
Just like any instant messaging program except its for BlackBerry users only. Works via PIN messaging,meaning to add a buddy you would need their PIN (Open an e-mail/SMS message and type :mypin to find yours or go to Options ----> Status and it's writtennext to PIN). You can send pictures, voice notes and other data files as well.

Originally Posted by VIIheaven

Originally Posted by DeadsetAce

anyone wanna school me on BB messenger?
Just like any instant messaging program except its for BlackBerry users only. Works via PIN messaging, meaning to add a buddy you would need their PIN (Open an e-mail/SMS message and type :mypin to find yours or go to Options ----> Status and it's written next to PIN). You can send pictures, voice notes and other data files as well.

Originally Posted by osubass1

BB Messenger is a quick way to stay in contact with other BlackBerry users.

you enter their PIN into the address book, and then you can use BB Messenger to add them to your contact list. this way
you can just use BB Messenger to send text messages to your other BB contacts without actually using up any text messages
in your plan.

awesome. thanks guys

BB Messenger is a quick way to stay in contact with other BlackBerry users.

you enter their PIN into the address book, and then you can use BB Messenger to add them to your contact list. this way
you can just use BB Messenger to send text messages to your other BB contacts without actually using up any text messages
in your plan.

Back
Top Bottom